John Lasseter Visits Imagination Pavilion

ExtinctJenn

Wasn't he there for the Food and Wine Event to shill his wine too? I thought he participated in a presentation about his wine and also had a dinner that people could buy tickets so they could meet him.
He was in town for a wine event his vineyard hosted, and has stayed in town for meetings with WDI about various projects. Sort of a working vacation.
Yep indeed! My thought is he's a Disney nut like we all are and enjoys backstage tours like any of us would. :)

Disneykidder

I love Pixar, but I hope he doesn't Pixar~up Epcot. I'm really starting to like Epcot a lot. (never did at all...sorry~~**ducks for flying tomatoes**) I'd love for Disney to restore FW for more people to enjoy.

When I saw the original post, I hadn't really given any thought to him being there for a project. Now if he had been at DHS then maybe I would have said that all the speculation and hoopla about Carsland would maybe have some validity (YAY!!!!) but I just thought he was there to hang out and enhoy it. :D

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I was in there recently and took this photo:

clones.gif
Kill it! Kill it all with fire!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Meh, Lasseter's a great creative mind, but it's a Pixar mind. We don't need more Pixar in FW.

I'd rather see James Cameron tour the Seas pavilion, looking for ways to de-Pixarise that one.

I think that there would be ways to use a Pixar mindset (attention to detail, creativity, world-building, developing character, heart) that would be very beneficial to any area, even FW. It's the unthoughful "take Pixar character X and place them haphazardly in attraction Y" that needs to stop.

I do agree that I'd love to see Cameron get his hands on the Seas though.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
I don't understand why everyone thinks that if Lasseter is going to work on it it will have Pixar. I am pretty sure if he was given a set goal of refurb this pavilion he would work with the existing characters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom