John & Kate plus 8 plus WDW!

SonicRuin

My wife loves this show, so I told her about it. I'm hoping that she DVR'd it so that she can watch it sometime when I am nowhere near the TV. The only reality TV I want to watch is Kitchen Nightmares or Hells Kitchen.

ThinkTink721

Just thought I'd pass the word to all interested that next Monday (Dec 10 I believe), on the TV show "John and Kate plus 8", the family is going to WDW.

Now, I don't know if this episode will focus on the road trip and save the actual WDW part for the next episode, or if they are going to even provide much footage of the WDW resort, but I guess the only way to find out is to watch.

My wife likes to watch that show, and now that they are going to WDW, it has peaked my interest as well. :D
Thanks for letting us know!
I love that show!
It makes my job as a mom of 3 look like a picnic. :D

I just set my DVR!

ThinkTink721

Count me in as a "Non-Kate" fan. It seems like she assumes having 8 kids givers her enough reason to be a real bee-atch.

Now, I think it would be cool to have an Episode of, "Little People, Disney World" or how about a Dirty Jobs with mike Rowe cleaning up puke throughout the park. . .
We love the "Dirty Jobs" shows!
My kids beg to watch every episode! :D

IWorkWTeeth

Maybe it's just me, but saying a wife needs to step back so the man can be the "head of the household" doesn't sound like they are working together.

I guess it goes back to what I said earlier, everyone works out their relationships in different ways. Yes, Kate is OCD and controlling, but Jon is laid back and doesn't seem like the type who wants to micromanage things. I guess I don't see why Kate needs to let Jon take charge just because he's a boy.

If having the boy be in charge works for your relationship then great! I don't get why you need to impose that on others though. JMHO

That's all really OT though.

OK, let me explain myself. That doesn't mean that Kate is the helpless woman and John is the man with the demands. You have to work together, but remember that the husband makes the final decisions. Your husband should lovingly listen to his wife and consider her input, but he makes the final decision. I am a stay at home Mom who makes a lot of decisions with my two kids during the day, but in the evening, my husband will be the first one to pull out a pot and make dinner if I've had a bad day. OR, put the clothes in the dryer for me. We DO work together, all the time, but I realize that I need to RESPECT MY HUSBAND and not treat him like one of the children.
Bottom line (and how this all started), I think Kate should think about how her husband feels when she screams at him in Toys R Us or the way she orders him around. She embarrasses him and that just isn't right.
BUT, I do have my DVR set for tonight. More for seeing WDW!!!

maggiegrace1

OK, let me explain myself. That doesn't mean that Kate is the helpless woman and John is the man with the demands. You have to work together, but remember that the husband makes the final decisions.Ummm says who?...decisions can be made together. Your husband should lovingly listen to his wife and consider her input, but he makes the final decision. I am a stay at home Mom who makes a lot of decisions with my two kids during the day, but in the evening, my husband will be the first one to pull out a pot and make dinner if I've had a bad day. OR, put the clothes in the dryer for me. Well that should be the norm..you should do for each other no matter whatWe DO work together, all the time, but I realize that I need to RESPECT MY HUSBAND as he should respect you.and not treat him like one of the children.
Bottom line (and how this all started), I think Kate should think about how her husband feels when she screams at him in Toys R Us or the way she orders him around. She embarrasses him and that just isn't right.
BUT, I do have my DVR set for tonight. More for seeing WDW!!!

Marriage should be an equal oppurtunity relationship..I just do not get why the man should be in control and basically have the final say.:shrug:

mep517

I have to say I heard about Kate before I'd seen the show and I didn't think she was as bad as people made her out to be. I have a 2 year old and wish I was as level headed as she is sometimes! BUT, that said, I wish she wouldn't talk to her husband like he's an idiot. I know I say things to my husband in stressful times that I shouldn't, but she seems to really embarass him at times (anyone see the one where they went to Toys R Us? Brutal).

But I can't wait to see the show tonight! 8 under 7 at The World will be something to see!

SonicRuin

Marriage should be an equal oppurtunity relationship..I just do not get why the man should be in control and basically have the final say.:shrug:

As a man, husband, and father of 2, I agree with this statement 100%. I don't have the final say-so in anything that involves the family. My wife and I both decide what is to be done. Not one person should be in charge. Heck, at the end of the day, our house holds 4 people, and when need be, 4 people make the decisions when it pertains to the 4 people.

Dream Theater

I have been holding my tongue for a bit here. However, I have to speak my mind.

As a father of twins myself, I enjoy watching Jon & Kate. I have had the great opportunity to meet them a couple of times and stay in contact with them via email, etc. Raising multiples is a completely different ballgame than raising children even a year apart. That said:

They are truly an inspiration in the way they handle their lives. What people are missing is, that while Kate may come off as harsh, they work well together, in that they both compliment each other as people. They both bring something different to their lives. Trust me, when I say, despite their bickering, it is left at just that. Words exchanged are nothing more than that. They very rarely have huge disagreements.

So, unless the Kate critics here are also are the parents of 2 sets of multiples or 8 children in general, lighten up.:xmas:

WickedQueen22

I can't wait to see the show. I do watch the show, but have to admit, Kate is a little hard to deal with sometimes.
Jon is her husband, not one of the children. The only way to make a family work, regardless if you have 1 child or 8, is to share the responsibilities with your mate and to make things work "together". I don't know how he puts up with the way she speaks to him and how she repremands him, expecially in public!!! The husband is the head of the household and I think she needs to step back, realize that, and treat him with the respect that he deserves.

Enough of that......we have to start another thread after the show aires!!

I definitly disagree that Jon is the head of the household. He may be the breadwinner but Kate is definitly the head. She organizes and maps out every day with 6 kids. I think they compliment each other very well. She is stern and OCD he goes with the flow. It just happens to be Kate's flow. lol

maggiegrace1

:animwink: You mean, other than it being Biblical. . . :animwink:
Yes..Other then that..:D
I have been holding my tongue for a bit here. However, I have to speak my mind.

As a father of twins myself, I enjoy watching Jon & Kate. I have had the great opportunity to meet them a couple of times and stay in contact with them via email, etc. Raising multiples is a completely different ballgame than raising children even a year apart. That said:

They are truly an inspiration in the way they handle their lives. What people are missing is, that while Kate may come off as harsh, they work well together, in that they both compliment each other as people. They both bring something different to their lives. Trust me, when I say, despite their bickering, it is left at just that. Words exchanged are nothing more than that. They very rarely have huge disagreements.

So, unless the Kate critics here are also are the parents of 2 sets of multiples or 8 children in general, lighten up.:xmas:
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:
I agree..it is what works for them ..;)
I definitly disagree that Jon is the head of the household. He may be the breadwinner but Kate is definitly the head. She organizes and maps out every day with 6 kids. I think they compliment each other very well. She is stern and OCD he goes with the flow. It just happens to be Kate's flow. lol
I agree..:)

Cynderella

I wonder how they are going to all stay at WDW or even off property for that matter. They definetly wont fit in one room, I guess they would have to have 2 rooms? :shrug:

By the way, I'm the head of my household! :D I'm not the type to be bossed around. :animwink:

sbkline

Original Poster

Because, in my opinion, that is the way God has ordained it in the Bible.

I realize that not everyone is Christian, and even among those who are, not everyone holds that view of the Bible. But in my opinion, the Biblical model of a family is a man and a woman in a marital relationship of which the husband is the head. Or, as I tell my wife sometimes, "a partnership where the husband is the senior partner". :D

And I'd better stop there, since we aren't supposed to be talking religion here. :D

Back on topic, I'm planning on watching tonight, but I'm not sure if I should expect too much. Probably what will happen is the first 45 minutes or so will focus on them getting the kids ready, packing up the car and singing songs as they drive down the interstate, and the last 10 minutes will be spent at WDW. The one I'm really looking forward to is the one tommorrow with Samantha Brown!

mousefan1972

Because, in my opinion, that is the way God has ordained it in the Bible.

I realize that not everyone is Christian, and even among those who are, not everyone holds that view of the Bible. But in my opinion, the Biblical model of a family is a man and a woman in a marital relationship of which the husband is the head. Or, as I tell my wife sometimes, "a partnership where the husband is the senior partner". :D

And I'd better stop there, since we aren't supposed to be talking religion here. :D

Back on topic, I'm planning on watching tonight, but I'm not sure if I should expect too much. Probably what will happen is the first 45 minutes or so will focus on them getting the kids ready, packing up the car and singing songs as they drive down the interstate, and the last 10 minutes will be spent at WDW. The one I'm really looking forward to is the one tommorrow with Samantha Brown!

Good thing we're not married to each other.... we'd have issues. :lookaroun

:lol:

lac628

I was there when they were there, too. It was the end of July and we were in MK. We passed by the whole family and it took me a sec to figure out who those people were that were being filmed. I then realized who it was and I was so excited. I love that show!!! I can't wait to watch. When we saw them, of course Kate was yelling at someone. Who can blame her though, I get stressed with only my 2 year old, I couldn't imagine going there with 2- 6 year olds and 6- 3 year olds!!!:hammer:

Chikorita

I was there when they were there, too. It was the end of July and we were in MK. We passed by the whole family and it took me a sec to figure out who those people were that were being filmed. I then realized who it was and I was so excited. I love that show!!! I can't wait to watch. When we saw them, of course Kate was yelling at someone. Who can blame her though, I get stressed with only my 2 year old, I couldn't imagine going there with 2- 6 year olds and 6- 3 year olds!!!:hammer:
Luckily by little bro wasn't there :p
He knows kenpo, and hates kate o.o
*he uses his kenpo on me; so...*

XD

sweetpee_1993

I caught the show last night and it was great. I felt great about my trip after seeing theirs even with our Disney melt-downs. ((hubby even got on the phone to check availability on flights to leave that very evening which was 5 nights early)). It was cool to see the excitement with the children. I teared up when Kate got all excited about the mouse ears hats. I did that, too. I wondered if they got to do the other parks while there. By reading between the lines I think they did. At the end when Kate was about to get into the van you could see her all teared up. That's so me! I felt her pain. I'm still in the post-Disney-crash. LOL! **sniffle**sniffle** The final bit on the show when they were talking to Jon & Kate they said it all when they explained that no matter how tough it was getting there, even with all the fussing children & obstacles, it ended too soon. And Jon said, "I know. We have to go back." Me toooooo!!!!

For those having the big Jon & Kate marriage debate, that's not for us to decide by watching a tv show. What we see on television is just television. It's subject to editing. Of course they make people play roles and be portrayed certain ways to create characters for tv. Whatever the relationship / marriage is between that couple is theirs and not ours to judge. It works for them and their family. Just because it doesn't appear to be your ideal of the American family doesn't mean anything. A. It's probably not what you see portrayed on tv. And B. Different isn't wrong. It's just different.

Yaaaaaayyy for Jon & Kate Plus 8! That was a cool perspective and glimpse into someone elses vacation from planning to afterglow. I loved it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom