John & Kate plus 8 plus WDW!

I'm going to ask a really dumb question but what show is this? What channel? I've never heard of John and Kate and I feel silly.I don't watch much t.v. at all, but I'd really like to set my DVR to see this.

Eyorefan

I'm going to ask a really dumb question but what show is this? What channel? I've never heard of John and Kate and I feel silly.I don't watch much t.v. at all, but I'd really like to set my DVR to see this.

It is a show on TLC I believe. It is about a couple, Jon and Kate, who have twin girls who I believe are 6 and then sextuplites who are 2.

MickeyFan77

With all due respect, that episode HAS NOT aired in the past. They went to Dutch Wonderland, which is in Pennsylvania, and in no way resembles WDW. This was their first visit to WDW.

Hey I might be wrong maybe it was something else I watch BUT I know the difference b/w Dutch Wonderland and WDW THANK YOU!!!

sbkline

Original Poster
A little off topic, but I'm of the old school as well, that the husband is to be the head of the household. I know it's not a very popular or PC view nowadays, but that's how I feel nonetheless.

I hope this is a brand new episode because the other one that someone mentioned doesn't seem like it has that much WDW footage in it. But I guess they can only fit in so much in a half hour, especially when you account for commercials and coverage of the preparation and road trip. Doesn't sound like there will be much WDW in it, but I'll be taping it anyway.

Eyorefan

I did. A husband and wife need to work together, right?!? :wave:

Maybe it's just me, but saying a wife needs to step back so the man can be the "head of the household" doesn't sound like they are working together.

I guess it goes back to what I said earlier, everyone works out their relationships in different ways. Yes, Kate is OCD and controlling, but Jon is laid back and doesn't seem like the type who wants to micromanage things. I guess I don't see why Kate needs to let Jon take charge just because he's a boy.

If having the boy be in charge works for your relationship then great! I don't get why you need to impose that on others though. JMHO

That's all really OT though.

PotteryGal

Maybe it's just me, but saying a wife needs to step back so the man can be the "head of the household" doesn't sound like they are working together.

I guess it goes back to what I said earlier, everyone works out their relationships in different ways. Yes, Kate is OCD and controlling, but Jon is laid back and doesn't seem like the type who wants to micromanage things. I guess I don't see why Kate needs to let Jon take charge just because he's a boy.

If having the boy be in charge works for your relationship then great! I don't get why you need to impose that on others though. JMHO

It's not a question of letting your husband be a 'control freak' in the relationship, just a matter of understanding the role each spouse is to have in the marriage relationship. But that's a matter of religion and not a topic for this forum. :shrug:

cdunbar

I looked on both the TLC site and the Discovery health site and I didn't see that episode, maybe I'm missing it?:shrug:

chinitopoop

i find it amazing how just about every thread on here starts off good, but always ends up in an argument between some people or ends up going extremely off topic:ROFLOL:

sbkline

Original Poster
i find it amazing how just about every thread on here starts off good, but always ends up in an argument between some people or ends up going extremely off topic:ROFLOL:

Speaking of off topic, I love that avatar! :ROFLOL::ROFLOL:

maggiegrace1

I can't wait to see the show. I do watch the show, but have to admit, Kate is a little hard to deal with sometimes.
Jon is her husband, not one of the children. The only way to make a family work, regardless if you have 1 child or 8, is to share the responsibilities with your mate and to make things work "together". I don't know how he puts up with the way she speaks to him and how she repremands him, expecially in public!!! The husband is the head of the household and I think she needs to step back, realize that, and treat him with the respect that he deserves.

Enough of that......we have to start another thread after the show aires!!

Amen to that! Now, if I give you my phone number, can you just call my wife and tell her that, too? :lol:
:rolleyes:

I agree..

Jon and Kate do well together..

Jon does not seem to be complaining about things..Yes...he rolls his eyes at her and says she whines and complains alot bit he also tells her that to her face.

So their marriage and family works for them...and that is all that matters.

I think Kate does a damn good job..to take care of 8 kids by herself all day the wya she does is pretty amazing to me....

I feel like I am going to lose my mind with just Maggie some days...:lol:

Also..marriage is about compromise....and it is also about what works for you..so whether she wears the pants in the family or he does..if it works for them then so be it..

Who are we to say it is wrong..:shrug:

sbkline

Original Poster
:rolleyes:
so whether she wears the pants in the family or he does..if it works for them then so be it..

My wife was brought up in a pretty strict Baptist setting, so she just wears skirts and dresses. So I guess I can say that I wear the pants in my family...until I come home and they end up on the floor so I can kick back in my recliner and watch TV the way any real man should.

How's that for a nice little off topic mental picture for y'all? :p:D

maggiegrace1

My wife was brought up in a pretty strict Baptist setting, so she just wears skirts and dresses. So I guess I can say that I wear the pants in my family...until I come home and they end up on the floor so I can kick back in my recliner and watch TV the way any real man should.

How's that for a nice little off topic mental picture for y'all? :p:D
:brick::fork:

You drive me crazy ya know that?...:hammer:

You should be so glad that I love ya....;)

stephdanielle

I absoloutely LOVE 'Jon and Kate Plus 8', one of my favourite shows! I can't wait for this episode, one of my favourite shows AND Disney..it doesn't get much better...besides actually being there :)

I don't know why so many seem to dislike Kate though, I think she's amazing. We only see what is shown to us, and as they have both said many times although it seems like they are just bickering and whatnot that is just how they communicate sometimes and of course they really do love each other, but come on, with 8 kids who wouldn't be a little bit stressed! I know just working in a daycare centre and dealing with 8 or so kids on my own sometimes, I can't imagine having to have that 24/7!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom