Jim Hill + Harry Potter = One Scary Story

M:SpilotISTC12

The article is just another Jim Hill update. This isnt the first time he has writen an article involving HP. Its not going to go to Disney. It wouldnt really fit in any were. The only place I could see it fitting in doesnt exist.

comics101

Not to be offensive, but I don't understand how some people can say Harry doesn't fit. In my oppinion, he fits just as well as Narnia. Think about it, Narnia is about a bunch of kids saving a world from an evil witch. Harry is about a bunch of kids saving a world from an evil wizard. They both use magic, they both use talking creatures, the similarities go on and on. I think the perfect place for a Harry attraction would be DAK, with that Mythical Creatures Class from the third movie. It could be like a BK type thing, but then again, what do I know??

missionspace

I wish they would bring the play to the US where he is going to appear naked,No that would be worth seeing!:animwink: That would fit in great!

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
For some reason I really dislike when people say "Why for" -- that bugs me and I don't know why.

Thanks!! I am NOT the only person then! :sohappy: Actually.. thats one of the main reasons why I stopped going to site and reading his dreck years ago. :lol: No joke!

His term "Why for" just enrages me and makes me want to bite his face. :lol: :lol: :lookaroun :goodnevil

Disney MDACK

I would honestly rather have Universal Islands of Adventure get Harry Potter because it would be a whole island worth of Harry instead of a few rides here and there spread out through Disney World. It is kind of funny if it is true that Universal stole this away from the mouse. Don't forget Mickey passed on the Harry Potter movie franchise in the first place.

missionspace

:eek: :lol: :lookaroun

I know! It is true! The guy who plays Harry Potter is going to be doing a play in the UK NAKED! Thats right naked! He is also going to be playing with himself live on stage! My Avatar is a edited picture of him in the buff! I don't think this is the kind of stuff Disney wants, even though I would love to see this play! I think it will fit better at Universal. There is going to be alot of upset parents to know that Harry Potter is doing something like this! He looks great naked, you can even say he turns me on! But would you want this sort of thing at Disney! I know I won't even let my kids watch the movies anymore, thay went out with the trash last week! I guss you figured it out I was once married and had 3 childeren, before I came out of the closet! My X and myself won't let them watch any more Hairy Hotter movies!

CJR

Not sure how I feel about Potter in the parks as he's not a Disney related character.... but again same can be said with Star Wars and a few others.

HP's not a Universal character either though. Then again, neither is Shrek. How many of Universal's rides are actually based off of their own films? They're taking out BTTF so there's one less. Maybe HP will fit in there.

Warner Brothers should take over Six Flags, get theme park rights for the ride and make Six Flags worth going to. That'll never happen though. Six Flag's Themes = :hammer:.

Disneyfan2000

reminds me on how it took Walt 25 years to gain rights to the Mary Poppins the PL Travers was one tuff cookie :slurp: mmm cookiess:hammer:

Testtrack321

Not to be offensive, but I don't understand how some people can say Harry doesn't fit. In my oppinion, he fits just as well as Narnia. Think about it, Narnia is about a bunch of kids saving a world from an evil witch. Harry is about a bunch of kids saving a world from an evil wizard. They both use magic, they both use talking creatures, the similarities go on and on. I think the perfect place for a Harry attraction would be DAK, with that Mythical Creatures Class from the third movie. It could be like a BK type thing, but then again, what do I know??

The only thing Narnia so far has been a walk-through attraction at MGM, nothing else. So it's not like Narnia has a spinner or a wild mouse...

Good riddence to HP. As much as I like the books, I don't think it's good for Disney. Too many people read the books and take away different things, so creating an attraction around it would disappoint quite a few people. That is unless they go the Star Tours route and borrow from the books the lands, themes, events, etc opposed to the main characters and events.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Disney also had first refusal on Orlandos Hard Rock Cafe. We all know who accepted them with open arms...

The company thought they could do something better themselves. They couldn`t - and jumped at Planet Hollywood to move in. Look who`s winning now..

ToTBellHop

MGM is the same...Star Tours, Indy, Tower of Terror...even Aerosmith aren't exactly on the Disney recording label...and not everything on The Great Movie Ride is Disney. At least the first three HP movies have appeared on Disney Channel and/or ABC/ABC Family so Disney has already shown a little (and maybe a little more) interest. In the end, though, it's JKR's choice and no one else's.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Like anything Jim Hill writes, I take it with a grain of salt.

However, if it is true and Disney let Harry Potter slip through their finger tips...not smart! This is a venerable franchise, whose popularity will remain quite high for the forseeable future. Plus, I think Disney would do a much better job with this attraction the Universal would.

However, this is the ONE thing that would get me back to Universal.

mrtoad

Sorry STR8FAN2005, but I think the most popular franchise of our time is, and always will be Star Wars. :)

As much as I am a Star Wars fan, that is not true. Potter is way bigger and plays to a much larger crowd. Rowling is the first person ever to make a billion dollars as a writer and that was about 3 years ago, and has made more even since.

basas

Like anything Jim Hill writes, I take it with a grain of salt.

However, if it is true and Disney let Harry Potter slip through their finger tips...not smart! This is a venerable franchise, whose popularity will remain quite high for the forseeable future. Plus, I think Disney would do a much better job with this attraction the Universal would.

However, this is the ONE thing that would get me back to Universal.

I don't know about that. Disney probably COULD do better, but there would also be the huge chance of massive budget cuts and constant cut-backs that seem to be so common lately. Universal has always been a bit more experimental with their new attractions (sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't...). You can’t, for example, say that Spiderman wasn’t a near-perfectly executed attraction. Popeye and Bluto's raft ride is also miles above Kali.

darthjohnny

As much as I am a Star Wars fan, that is not true. Potter is way bigger and plays to a much larger crowd. Rowling is the first person ever to make a billion dollars as a writer and that was about 3 years ago, and has made more even since.

George Lucas has made billions dollars off the Star Wars empire too.

And in reality, Harry Potter does not appeal to all kinds of people.

But Star Wars has transcended generations, with little or no protest from anyone.

That is why I think it is the most popular. :wave: :)

the-reason14

That is the wrong attitude:wave:

Give away the most popular franchise of our time to the "competition"??????????? I think not. Disney could do so much with Harry Potter.

But disney didnt even make harry potter, nor did uni. But I think uni has the better stake at taking alot of things that they dont own and adapting them into their them parks. Look at IOA already, to my knowledge, the spiderman, toon lagoon, and the dr. seuss, they arent originally uni, but they ended up using them to make broader themes.

IF uni actually did "steal" this tech from disney, then I say they are just like I always thought they were. Ive never really liked them, but I guess because I have such a strong bias toward disney that I almost hate any thing that wants to step in its place and claims that its better. But that just me.

Captain Barbosa

I hope Disney manages to somehow get their hands on the Potter franchise. I think if they made an E-Ticket attraction out of it and put it in MGM it would definitely boost attendance in the park. Maybe even bring a few more guests in from across the pond.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom