**It's UNOFFICIAL** The '13 Unofficial WDWMagic Girls Cruise!

PolynesianPrincess

So tomorrow is our 75-day mark (Yippee!)
Is there any advantage to me staying up until midnight tonight to do my check-in?

YAY!! I'm so excited!!! I don't normally stay up until midnight but the way the Bruins / Blackhawks series has been going, they'll probably have like 4 overtimes and I'll be up anyway! lol

Hey @sweetpee_1993 ... question for you... Is there an advtange to booking excursions through Disney as opposed to directly through the company doing the excursion? We're looking to do the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim at Nassau and it is about $15 cheaper per person to book directly with them as opposed to Disney. I think I remember reading if you book outside Disney, if you're late getting back to the ship, they will not wait for you. Is that true?! I want to make sure we pick the best route to go!! :)

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
YAY!! I'm so excited!!! I don't normally stay up until midnight but the way the Bruins / Blackhawks series has been going, they'll probably have like 4 overtimes and I'll be up anyway! lol

Hey @sweetpee_1993 ... question for you... Is there an advtange to booking excursions through Disney as opposed to directly through the company doing the excursion? We're looking to do the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Swim at Nassau and it is about $15 cheaper per person to book directly with them as opposed to Disney. I think I remember reading if you book outside Disney, if you're late getting back to the ship, they will not wait for you. Is that true?! I want to make sure we pick the best route to go!! :)

There CAN be advantages to it but you'd need to weigh it all and decide if it's worthwhile to book outside the cruise line. It is absolutely true that if you don't make it back to the ship ahead of the all-aboard time they can and will leave without you. It's economics, really. The cruise line would be charged fees by the port authority for being at the pier. The cruise is budgeted to be there a set amount of time. At some point they overrun what's budgeted and additional charges incurr. I've heard these charges can be some wild amount like $10k per half hour. I don't know if the amount holds true or not. If you're on a DCL excursion and something prevents a group of, say, 30 guests from returning on-time, Disney is going to weigh the cost of staying at the pier until the guests can get back against the cost to transport all those guests to the next port or out to the ship via a private charter. If you booked with the cruise line they are responsible for you. If you don't book thru the cruise line then they aren't responsible for you.

Does booking the dolphin thing direct include transportation to & from? Does it include any food or beverages? I know the Atlantis Aquaventure booked thru the cruise line is $170 per person. If you show up at Atlantis the day of and they have availability for day passes to the Aquaventure it's only $110 per person. BUT, the cruise line has included transfers to/from AND vouchers for lunch. The food at Atlantis is expensive. Just a burger, no fries or drink, is like $12. Lunch would easily run $20+ per person. Not sure on cab fare in either direction but I'd say $15 each direction including the bridge toll and small tip would be safe to use when figuring the numbers. It comes out not-so-worth-it to book outside the cruise line. But, a lot of people see that $60 difference and jump on it. KWIM???

Personally, I find a little added stress-factor in going it alone when in a port for the first time. I didn't show it too much on our last cruise but going it alone in our ports definitely had my nerves on-point. Never done it before. Never been to those places before. It was worth it for us because we wanted experiences that we either couldn't get thru the cruise line or wouldn't have been able to do if we'd gone thru the cruise line. It was a matter of necessity to get what we wanted out of the ports, really. Now that I've been to those ports and planning to return I have zero hesitation with setting out on our own.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
OMGoodness!!! Y'all think about THIS! I started all this girls cruise stuff when I took my very FIRST cruise. I just completed my FIFTH cruise. Um, addicted much??? I'm so excited for the first-timers. You're going to be so enchanted!!! It's gonna be such FUN!!!!!! WhooHOOOOOO!!!! Can I just go run around my neighborhood dancing and singing now?!?!

Tiggerfanatic

I have another check in question. Does my roomie and me have to check in at the same time?

And excited does not even begin to describe how I am starting to get for this cruise. I can honestly say, that other than getting to cruise Loch Ness last year, I haven't looked forward to a vacation more than this one. (I'm not ashamed to say that when I caught my first glimpse of Loch Ness through the windows of the tour bus, I cried like a baby.)

Mrs.Skellington

I am excited too. I bought all kinds of medicine today on sale at Walgreens. And sunscreen. My roomie and I will be well prepared. I have all of my clothes ready except for a few pairs of shorts. I am so ready for this. It's much needed vacation away from my four kids. Don't take that wrong. I love them very much and will definitely miss them but I think I need a vacation.
I only think one person needs to check in. I will be up and checking in at 12 tonight also. 75 days and a few hours ladies.

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
I have another check in question. Does my roomie and me have to check in at the same time?

And excited does not even begin to describe how I am starting to get for this cruise. I can honestly say, that other than getting to cruise Loch Ness last year, I haven't looked forward to a vacation more than this one. (I'm not ashamed to say that when I caught my first glimpse of Loch Ness through the windows of the tour bus, I cried like a baby.)

Online check-in can be done by just 1 of you. When you check-in at the port for the cruise I think you both need to be present with your proper documents. That's the way I've always understood it. I could be wrong.

That's so sweet about Lock Ness! Yep, first time seeing a ship with my own eyes and it was pretty overwhelming. It's sooooo real when it's finally there in front of you!

I am excited too. I bought all kinds of medicine today on sale at Walgreens. And sunscreen. My roomie and I will be well prepared. I have all of my clothes ready except for a few pairs of shorts. I am so ready for this. It's much needed vacation away from my four kids. Don't take that wrong. I love them very much and will definitely miss them but I think I need a vacation.
I only think one person needs to check in. I will be up and checking in at 12 tonight also. 75 days and a few hours ladies.

Oh hey! I gotcha! I can't wait to have 2 whole weeks away from my boys! I love them more than anything but they make me nuts!

Yay for online check-in night for the final few staterooms!!!! Woot!

joanna71985

OMGoodness!!! Y'all think about THIS! I started all this girls cruise stuff when I took my very FIRST cruise. I just completed my FIFTH cruise. Um, addicted much??? I'm so excited for the first-timers. You're going to be so enchanted!!! It's gonna be such FUN!!!!!! WhooHOOOOOO!!!! Can I just go run around my neighborhood dancing and singing now?!?!

It's the same for me (except this will be my third). Hopefully I'll be able to hit gold soon

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Crap! I should've told y'all! Yes, it's midnight eastern time. I guess y'all know that now... :oops:

Yep! 11-11:30 is the earliest time available. The port *allegedly* doesn't open to embarking passengers until 11. They typically open the gates between 10:30 & 10:45. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom