It's Tough to be a Bug! "stings"

tigsmom

:wave: Another leaner here. Nobody told me about it the first time I saw the show....ouch! Now I don't take the chance. :lol:

Yes Kevin, I'm a wimp! :p

Philharmagic is the best!

Lauriebar

KevinPage said:
Oy vey. And I thought this was a hardcore Disney fan site. I'm shocked there are so many "leaners" or as I like to call them, "wimps" :lol: :lol:

Next thing you know, you'll tell me you close your eyes on the Splash Mountain drop and use the barf bags on Mission Space :drevil: :drevil: :drevil:
LOL!! I was just thinking the same thing.:) My grandma didn't complain this much after we took her on this ride!!!:p Just kidding...although I am definately NOT a leaner, my ten year old son sits in the floor during ITTBAB so he won't have to feel the effects!!! The last time we rode we took a picture of him on the floor...I'm thinking this will be perfect for his wedding reception slide show! :goodnevil

The Mom

Premium Member
I lean forward. It hurt my son so much that he won't go in again, so I've only been back twice since it opened.

Does anyone else get annoyed with the parents who ignore all the warnings? Parents, if your children are afraid of the dark, or are afraid of insects, or worse of all, afraid of BOTH, please don't bring them into this attraction! I feel so sorry for the terrified children in each show. I'm not talking about the kids who are scared, and "scooch" closer to mom or dad and maybe whimper a little; I mean the ones who are screaming and out of control because they're so frightened!

Then, they get stung at the end...unless they're already on mom's lap.

KevinPage

I pray for Ava (our 7 month old) that she likes roller coasters and EVERYTHING when she hits the magical 44 inch height requirement, cause Daddy is going to be dragging her on each and every ride imaginable with him.

She's been on Pooh, Peter Pan, TTA, Philharmagic, Tiki Birds, El Rio de Tiempo, Journey into Imagination, Playhouse Disney, Kilimanjaro Safari & maybe a few others so far.

Once the summer heat & crowds are over, I can get her onto Dumbo, Astro Orbiter and Speedway (all long and slow lines - can infants go on that?)

tigsmom

KevinPage said:
I pray for Ava (our 7 month old) that she likes roller coasters and EVERYTHING when she hits the magical 44 inch height requirement, cause Daddy is going to be dragging her on each and every ride imaginable with him.

She's been on Pooh, Peter Pan, TTA, Philharmagic, Tiki Birds, El Rio de Tiempo, Journey into Imagination, Playhouse Disney, Kilimanjaro Safari & maybe a few others so far.

Once the summer heat & crowds are over, I can get her onto Dumbo, Astro Orbiter and Speedway (all long and slow lines - can infants go on that?)

I pray for Ava, too! :lol: She is such a cutie. Are you really going to take her on the Orbiter & Speedway? How did she do on the safari?

DisneyFanLS

Another leaner here!!!!!

Yep....I admit it......I lean forward.... :lookaroun it's just so uncomfortable!!!! By the way, it's a poke and not a sting....The first three times I saw the show, I didn't lean....but I just don't like "THE POKE"!!!!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Just Wait

KevinPage said:

I pray for her too, but that's another thread.
also drifting...does she have a hairy Godfather?...I meant fairy, I really did :p

Ok, now back on track...this age is easy, it's the 3-6 range that they get traumatized by the strangest things sometimes, may not go near giant characters, and will balk loudly if you try to insist. Unless you are very lucky (and I'll hope you will be), you won't have a real companion to ride with until at least 9-10.

KevinPage

tigsmom said:
I pray for Ava, too! :lol: She is such a cutie. Are you really going to take her on the Orbiter & Speedway? How did she do on the safari?

I would have taken her on more, but the kid needs to take "naps" and such and we don't want to wait on 30 minute lines out in the heat with her. Once the heat and crowds dissipate, we can go on a whole lot more.

She enjoyed the Safari, she looked around the whole time.

Philharmagic she got upset halfway through due to the volume.

El Rio de Timepo she seemed to love as she had that serious/inquistive look and was looking all around.

Tiki Birds she was okay, but got a little restless a few times

TTA she screamed during the parts where it was total blackness, then when she could see the light, she was okay. (during The Meet)

Pooh was when she was 4 weeks old, so she was sleeping the whole time.

Peter Pan we were on line for about 30 minutes, she was hot & tired, but was okay during the ride.

Playhouse Disney she never took her eyes off the stage.

And she's been to Tom Swayer's Island :D

KevinPage

ClemsonTigger said:
Ok, now back on track...this age is easy, it's the 3-6 range that they get traumatized by the strangest things sometimes, may not go near giant characters, and will balk loudly if you try to insist. Unless you are very lucky (and I'll hope you will be), you won't have a real companion to ride with until at least 9-10.

Jennifer (wife) goes on everything, so we always have a riding partner, even for the sickest of rides. I've yet to get her on the Slingshot over at Old Town though. Of the 4 times I've been on it, she was pregnant or recovering, so she has a decent excuse, I guess :D

9-10 years old? Nah, this kid is going on everything ASAP, kicking and screaming :D She's already 28" long, tall for her age, so we have a good head start. Figuring by 3-4 years old she'll be tall enough & keeping the lap belt loose on Tower of Terror & requesting the back seat on Space Mountain :D

dxwwf3

The Mom said:
Does anyone else get annoyed with the parents who ignore all the warnings?

You have no idea :lol: :lol: :lol:

As far as Kevin's comment, I don't close my eyes on Splash Mountain, but sometimes I do close my eyes on Mission Space....and I turn my head to the side....and I lean forward.....and I STILL do not think the ride is intense. Oh well at least I tried. :lol:

mrtoad

KevinPage said:

Hi Kevin,

If you do the Speedway I would just make sure you have someone you know behind you so you don't get bumped. At her age, you would need to be careful.

Our daughter is 3 and is the bravest of the family. The first height restriction is 40 inches which includes, Splash, Big Thunder, Tower of Terror to name a few. At 3 she was tall enough for these and did Splash with her hands up everytime (around 7 times I think). We went to buy one of the photos and all you could see were her finger tips up in the air. We did not get it and now regret it.

We had to take her away from ToT screaming because she saw it on the planning DVD and wanted to do it so bad but we were afraid if it scared her too much she would never go on again. She is still talking about it so when we go back in January it is a must do.

Mike

dandaman

I was scared as heck going into Tower of Terror for the first time. I don't even like drops, but for some reason, TOT turned out to be my favourite thrill ride there. Though, the stuff before the drops is very intimidating...:hurl:
So, like you said, TOT is a must-do.:)

bgraham34

The first time i got poked it was right in my spine and it hurt for hours later. Not too mention i has some sunburn. So now when i go i have it it another part of my back not spine.

Cynderella

nicholas said:
First time I saw this show, the sting hit me right on one of my vertebrates and was quite uncomfortable. I haven't been able to sit back and allow it to sting me since. I keep telling myself if I lean to the side it will hit a more fleshy part of my back and won't be as painful, but it doesn't work. I just can't do it. It psychologically scarred me. :p

LoL I totally agree w/ you. I did it once and havent done it since..tho I love that show...same w/ Honey I shrunk the audience....those mice tails hit me once and havent again!! :D

StuntDoomBuggy

I'm A Leaner.. Actually, More Than A Leaner, An 'Edge Of The Seat-er'..
But I Love How The Effect Is Done.. They Cover The Theater w/ Smoke, Then The Great Surround Sound System Having The Buzzing Sound Go Past And Behind You, And The Sting! How Much More Can Effect Shows Go?
btw: So, Yes, It Is A Poke (how can disney possibly work w/ shockers and not get major complaints?) But What Makes The Poke? A Plastic Thingy? Metal (non sharp) Pins? Anyone Know?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom