It's Tough to be a Bug! "stings"

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It's Tough to be a Bug is hands down the absolute BEST 4D attraction in ALL of WDW... FOR THRILL SEEKERS.

It is an intense and hilarious attraction for those who want a thrill out of a 4D movie instead of a *pshh* "Oh wow! Those wine bottles in Be Our Guest smell like cinnamon rolls!" It leans on the average huge fear people have of bugs, combining it with hilarious hokey effects that make the entire audience go WILD! It is an absolutely HILARIOUS time. Especially looking at the parents trying to calm down their kids because they didn't read any warning signs.

Also, I gotta mention the Hopper animatronic is freaking awesome. I also enjoy the Flik animatronic. This is a very interactive show with the audience. And people are always jumping and freaking out especially when those spiders come down. Realistic or not, it is extremely well executed to the point where people lose their sense of reality for a couple of minutes.

I love this show. And I'm extremely grateful that, due to its large number intake, never has a line. One of the few awesome attractions left that I don't have to wait in line for! (Behind American Adventure, and the shows at HS)

Bring on the WIMPS! It makes the show even more entertaining!

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
People, I am back from my 3 day trip to WDW, and this is the update from me you haven't been waiting for.

I walked into the Animal Kingdom and headed towards the Tree of Life. Soon the Stand-By queue for It's Tough to be a Bug was in sight. I then walked in, grabbed a pair of glasses, stood in a dark room with buggy 7 year old girls (get it?) and walked in. As soon as I sat down, I looked behind me and saw 'the stinger', hiding in a little stub. I touched the little piece of rubber and then the show started. 6 minutes later, Hopper unleashed the Bug Spray causing the entire theater to be in complete darkness. While there was still light, I got out of my seat and covered the hole with my fingers. The buzzing started and... there was no poke. Instead, like the time before, it was compressed air. I was confused even more now. Did Disney find out about "the leaners" and replace the effect to trick us? Were the hornets not working so they had to use air now? I am honestly puzzled, did anyone else experience this? I guess the only other option is to lean and cover the air shooters.
My best bet is that the stingers may be activated via compressed air. And I'm wondering if some of the tiny air vents are just broken, pushed to the side of the stingers, ect. Hence, you only got the air effect. It'd make sense if that is TRUE, because in that case, the air would come out of the hole instead of pushing the stinger out.

Not saying that is accurate. It's just my guesstimate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom