It's official: Wand is GONE !!!!

nelsonj3

Kari -

Every single news article about the wand coming down (which due to the popularity in Orlando, is being spread across the affiliates) mentions Epcot's 25th. Someone carefully planned that trump move - and is winning.

I noticed that too, merf! I'm hoping that means that something is being planned for Epcot's 25th. Of course, people around here (including myself) would probably get excited about a 25th Anniversary Celebration, and then other people around here would try to tell us that we shouldn't be excited about a 25th Anniversary Celebration, and so on, and so forth... :lol:

Buried20KLeague

Champion - I was the CM who said I had worked at Siemens one afternoon and was told about the wand coming down. I reported it on this thread and you sarcastically said, "I thought Siemens had their own employees?". Yes, they have 6 full-time employees but they use a lot of Disney CMs and yes, we do hear things when we are working. I know CMs don't always get things right but we try. Try to be positive in the future when news is shared with you. We all love Epcot and Disney - let's enjoy the "tidbits" we learn along the way. Don't put us down for sharing what we hear.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO. BUUUUUURNNNNNN!!!!! :lol:

Were it ME... I would apologize. But obviously it's not. :D

Buried20KLeague

I noticed that too, merf! I'm hoping that means that something is being planned for Epcot's 25th. Of course, people around here (including myself) would probably get excited about a 25th Anniversary Celebration, and then other people around here would try to tell us that we shouldn't be excited about a 25th Anniversary Celebration, and so on, and so forth... :lol:

You're excited about an anniversary??? Stupidhead.

:lol:

nelsonj3

You're excited about an anniversary??? Stupidhead.

:lol:

Yes I'm a stupidhead!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wave:

And, Nana, thanks for the information that you posted several weeks ago. I believed you from the start (or at least I had hope that it was true!). Definitely post anything else you hear while you're working! I'm sure people won't discredit you this time (or at least they shouldn't!)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Here's a thought - the stars are leaving off SSE as well. How are they mounted? Is SSE going to need new tiles or are they going to patch the mounting holes in the existing ones?

More importantly - I hope they clean off the dirt/rust marks.

WDW Monorail

Here's a thought - the stars are leaving off SSE as well. How are they mounted? Is SSE going to need new tiles or are they going to patch the mounting holes in the existing ones?

More importantly - I hope they clean off the dirt/rust marks.

I think that we had this discussion in one of the 83 or so Wand threads. The most logical answer is that the stars are mounted inbetween the tiles as there is enough space to do so.

1disneydood

This is a great year for forum reading. First Universal announces HP so that gets rid of the HP threads. Now the wand will be gone, so no more wand threads.

Now if we can get Beastly Kingdom built with a monorail extension...

bjlc57

geess now tell me that...

hey some great news.. Now tell me that they are going to start re digging the lagoon for 20 k and we REALLY WILL HAVE SOME THING TO CELEBRATE..

BRING BACK THE SUBS...

jmvd20

Originally posted by 1disneydood

This is a great year for forum reading. First Universal announces HP so that gets rid of the HP threads. Now the wand will be gone, so no more wand threads.

Now if we can get Beastly Kingdom built with a monorail extension...
If most of the topics of discussion are eliminated how is it agreat year for forum reading?

It is funny how numerous people complain about the wand threads yet they all consistently have more posts in them than just about any other topic.

Mansion Butler

Well let me assure you that rides like Ellen's Energy Adventure and Journey into your imagination aren't bringing in many guests...in fact Mission:Space isn't very popular either.

See, that's part of the thing. It's off topic from the wand, but Epcot ISN'T bringing in more guests, it's suffering. Mission: Space has become just about the biggest park disaster since the circus. Problem is, it's more permanent.

dxwwf3

Mission: Space has become just about the biggest park disaster since the circus.

I disagree. Yes I PERSONALLY wish the ride was more intense and thrilling, I think it's a great "Disney" thrill ride and now has an option that is for just about everyone, but still manages to be fun. The attraction never has extremely long lines for a reason though. The capacity of this attraction is very high and there are a lot of people "in" the attraction before a line can even begin to form.

I am all for attractions that have a great back story and M:S certainly has that. And after repeat rides, I've grown to appreciate the attraction much more. Once I got over the fact that it wasn't as intense as we were led to believe, I was able to enjoy what was there and I think many other people do as well.

Mansion Butler

More or less. WDW is a business... I'm sure this has been gone over before. :ROFLOL:

And the percentage of guests that care about the wand is probably not terribly high. I worked in a position at WDW where I interacted with guests, asking questions that included, more or less, questions like 'What do YOU think is wrong with this park?' and 'What would YOU do to change this park?' and I never once had anyone mention the wand. I'm not saying I'm a perfect representation of every guest, but I think that it's fair to say that the average guest is more concerned with ticket prices, safety, and entertainment than the wand. Even those of us who hate the hell out of the wand and are praising this as the best day in history still patronize Epcot. Taking down the wand will more than likely not affect guest counts.

Well, yeah. If you asked me what I thought was most wrong with the park, I wouldn't have said the wand. I'm just happy it's gone because I hated it.

Mansion Butler

Soarin is a GREAT attraction. Don't get me wrong. I love it. But you can't call it an 'EPCOT' attraction when its from DCA.

I agree that Soarin' doesn't fit. I disagree on the reason. I think Star Tours fits MGM, Tower of Terror (even if it's a lesser version) is a DCA attraction. I think Space Mountain is a Disneyland attration and the Jungle Cruise is a Magic Kingdom attraction. If a clone fits the park, it's just fine.

However, as much as I love Soarin', I fail to see what flying over California has to do with the Land, or anything Epcot period.

Test Track ... I thought TT was one of those things that destroyed EPCOT by removing WoM? Are we going to change that argument now? Its also my least favorite attraction on property, so I won't admit that it fits ANY theme, and I wish a sinkhole would open so it would have to close, ala Horizons. But I can say that it is the least educational pavilion to me. It was hardly impressive when it opened, and its far less now.

Already completetly disagreed on this one. And I thought you were in support of things that helped attendence and made a majority of guests happy. Test Track is one of those things.

M:S is edutaining, but it was really the first attraction that a large portion of people could not experience at Epcot. That means it didn't have the same 'spirit' as the other attractions.

I think M:S fit spirit in the idea of space exploration and future experiences. It was just a bad attraction. People who can take it often find it boring. Everyone else isn't interested in getting sick. A ride that cost as much money as M:S shouldn't be walk-on during the busiest days with only two of four systems running.

RiversideBunny

I wish the controls on Mission Space actualy did something. The first time I rode it I was the pilot. I was trying very hard to fly correctly, the same as I do on my flight simulator computer games with the joystick.

Then I found out that the controls will take care of themselves no matter what you do.

It would be good if they could at least let you partially contol some things, like maybe, letting the Pilot go off course a little and then saying 'Warning- autopilot is taking over now.', or something like that.
That would make people maybe want to ride it repeatedly, or at least more than once per EPCOT visit.

They obvisously couldn't let the guests run amuck with the controls but some degree of actually being in charge would be nice.
:) :) :) :)

Mansion Butler

I disagree. Yes I PERSONALLY wish the ride was more intense and thrilling, I think it's a great "Disney" thrill ride and now has an option that is for just about everyone, but still manages to be fun. The attraction never has extremely long lines for a reason though. The capacity of this attraction is very high and there are a lot of people "in" the attraction before a line can even begin to form.

I am all for attractions that have a great back story and M:S certainly has that. And after repeat rides, I've grown to appreciate the attraction much more. Once I got over the fact that it wasn't as intense as we were led to believe, I was able to enjoy what was there and I think many other people do as well.

It's been a PR disaster, alot of guests can't ride it, it's rarely, if ever, able to opperate at full capacity, a relatively smalle number of guests ride it for an E-Ticket, and it has just about the worst maintenance of any attraction I can thing of. You really think it was money well spent? Alot of Epcots problems have to do with how crippled they are because of it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom