It's official: Wand is GONE !!!!

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I take pictures of SSE in spite of the wand being there, not because of it.

To quote my friend on our last trip: "It looks like SSE crushed Mickey. You can see his arm and wand sticking up from the ground, trying to get one last spell off to lift the sphere. It's too bad his hat landed all the way in MGM."

Now that is funny! :ROFLOL:

kucarachi

whats in a name

siemiens spaceship earth sounds like some sort of test dr. evil would do on austin powers so i wouldnt project that! But yeah you dont need a sign to say where you are, but you also dont need a navigation system when you have yahoo maps or a compass either. Its just something fun. I understand thats not the way it was the day it opened, but if epcot was still the way it was the day it opened you wouldnt be talking about it on any message board.
Maybe they should pull a david blaine and make it disappear and reappear on occassion. Epcot is probaly little kids least favorite park, i think you need to put something there that is going to perk them up a little when they get there. Spaceship earth is a classic in itself, and can stand alone as the centerpiece of Epcot, but the area around it doesnt give you the feel of stepping into the future, its more like seeing a whole lot of wasted space where there could be nicer theming or attractions......and for the love of little mary and joseph why do they continue to torture our feet by taking us around the world showcase on the monorail only to take us back thosands of bunions to the regular entrance. why not just put up a makeshift station like they have at disneyland, why make a bunch of tired people walk all the way back, especially if your only going to epcot for dinner. Yeah i know we all can walk but there are people with lots of kids that would appreciate a station back there. Or even a new means of transportation within the park, aka tomorrowland transit, or use the double decker bus.

donaldfan

We'll be down for F&W in mid-October -- I CAN NOT WAIT to SSE returned to it's former glory. It will def make up for not being able to ride it.

THANKS TO DISNEY MANAGEMENT!!!!

donaldfan

I take pictures of SSE in spite of the wand being there, not because of it.

To quote my friend on our last trip: "It looks like SSE crushed Mickey. You can see his arm and wand sticking up from the ground, trying to get one last spell off to lift the sphere. It's too bad his hat landed all the way in MGM."

Freakin' hysterical . . .

And yeah, people took pictures of SSE before the wand, and personally, I will just take MORE pictures after the wand. Can't these "pro-wand" folks just let it go now?

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
I personally hope that they cut one of the bolts off in the ground that held the wand in place so I can start a rumor that its a wedding ring or sumpin like that... :lookaroun

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I actually think the stuff they drove into the ground to make the thing hurricane-proof is what is going to take the bulk of the time to disassemble. As noted in the change-over from 2000 to Epcot, the letters only take a day to get down for each.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I can tell you one thing - I really dont want the job of having to rappel around SSE with torch or crawl around inside between the skin layers to get the stars off.

raven

The title of this thread is very misleading. I thought it actually was GONE when I saw it listed. Guess I can't celebrate yet.

Texas84

bigclap.gif
calvin.gif
jump.gif

applause.gif

LoriMistress

Thank god the wand is coming down. It will be magical again. Though, I do have some pictures with the wand...so it will be a nice memory.

tirian

A few months ago I took some pics because I knew that the wand wouldn't be there by the end of the year.

I tried to convince myself that the wand wasn't really "that" bad.

I couldn't. :lol:

Scooter

It's all good.

I collect Disney Snow globes.
I have EPCOT Snow globes with and without the Wand.

It's like owning a piece of WDW History.

Personally, I think EPCOT Center isn't about having a wand or not having a wand. It's more about the feelings you have when you are there.

When the wand first went up...I was furious..then I realized that the magic that was EPCOT still was there despite Spaceship Earths ugly addition.

If my wife, who I Love with all my heart, suddenly grew an ugly mole on her face, I doubt I would get upset...because when you Love something or someone, you Love them for what they are all about on the inside, not for what they look like on the outside.

While I'm happy for the wand haters, at the same time I kinda feel sorry for you because you have spent so much time focusing on something that was such a teeny, tiny part of what Disney is all about.

If Disney decided to put ears on Spaceship Earth and made it look like a Huge Mickey Antenna Topper, I'm sure I would be upset....for about 2 minutes...then I would do what I always do....enter the park, and enjoy all that EPCOT and Disney World has to offer.

cmatt

It's all good.

I collect Disney Snow globes.
I have EPCOT Snow globes with and without the Wand.

It's like owning a piece of WDW History.

Personally, I think EPCOT Center isn't about having a wand or not having a wand. It's more about the feelings you have when you are there.

When the wand first went up...I was furious..then I realized that the magic that was EPCOT still was there despite Spaceship Earths ugly addition.

If my wife, who I Love with all my heart, suddenly grew an ugly mole on her face, I doubt I would get upset...because when you Love something or someone, you Love them for what they are all about on the inside, not for what they look like on the outside.

While I'm happy for the wand haters, at the same time I kinda feel sorry for you because you have spent so much time focusing on something that was such a teeny, tiny part of what Disney is all about.

If Disney decided to put ears on Spaceship Earth and made it look like a Huge Mickey Antenna Topper, I'm sure I would be upset....for about 2 minutes...then I would do what I always do....enter the park, and enjoy all that EPCOT and Disney World has to offer.

:) best post in this thread tbh... :)

IROC it

Instantly Photogenic... Again!

All I can say is, "YES!"

I can finally take some cool pictures of SSE again!

I'm in the "purposely-did-not-take-pictures-on-my last-trip" crowd because pictures with the wand on Photopass is enough.:brick:

One or two VGA quality photos in '06 is all I wanted/needed of the wand.

Buh-bye.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
While I'm happy for the wand haters, at the same time I kinda feel sorry for you because you have spent so much time focusing on something that was such a teeny, tiny part of what Disney is all about..
In one way yes, in another way it shows everything that was wrong with management - at so many levels - over the past decade.

maui2k7

These are a few of my favorite pics in just the right area without the wand in view. Having been to WDW just about every year since Epcot opened, it will be great to once again see it the way it was intended - wandless!

100_2253.jpg

100_2252.jpg

100_2038.jpg

100_2037.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom