It's official: Wand is GONE !!!!

BuzzComplexCM

For the love of all that is good and holy, if you are going to put a magic shop in though, PLEASE make it bigger than the closet than Disneyland has..

Otherwise, thirded

Bigger than DL and bigger than what DTD has. Do they still have it anyway? I haven't been to WDW since October.

CThaddeus

Bigger than DL and bigger than what DTD has. Do they still have it anyway? I haven't been to WDW since October.

I don't recall seeing the magic cart in Downtown Disney when I was there last week. I may have just missed it, though. It was definitely there about a month ago.
And the Magic Shop is definitely open, but yes, very cramped.

Enderikari

I don't recall seeing the magic cart in Downtown Disney when I was there last week. I may have just missed it, though. It was definitely there about a month ago.
And the Magic Shop is definitely open, but yes, very cramped.

Magic Masters - Next to the North Entrance of AMC Pleasure Island 24 (Virgin Megastore Side), near Candy Cauldron, Sunglass shop, and Hoypoloi

EpcotServo

In the words of my heroes, Scruffy...
Second

scruffy.jpg

Bender: Why aren't you fixing it?

Scruffy: conflict of interests...

:lol:

(Hey, that two Futurama images in one thread! Anyone else want put some more Futurama in this thread? Futurama works well just about anywhere.)

"You know, that dance really wasn't as safe as they said it was..."

:ROFLOL:

Enderikari

Bender: Why aren't you fixing it?

Scruffy: conflict of interests...

:lol:

(Hey, that two Futurama images in one thread! Anyone else want put some more Futurama in this thread? Futurama works well just about anywhere.)

"You know, that dance really wasn't as safe as they said it was..."

:ROFLOL:

In further thread derailment, though it kind of works for the situation at hand, if you think about it

Fry: OK, I gotta break down that gate, beat up those three guards, steal that chopper and rescue Bender.
Leela breaks down the gate and beats up the guards
Leela: Hi-yah!
Fry: Hey, I did it! Wait, that's not me.

Rob562

There are no words for how this news makes me feel. :D

So how about a song, then? :D

http://webpages.charter.net/steerr/brandnewday.mp3
(if your browser doesn't play an MP3, right click and "Save As")

Just imagine the 80's-era dancers that danced at the EPCOT Center Grand Opening rushing out into the plaza singing this after the wand has melted into the ground... :lol:

Actually, the lyrics seem to fit the occasion so well...

"Everybody look around, 'Cause there's a reason to rejoice you see.
Everybody come out, and let's commence to singing joyfully.
Everybody look up, and feel the hope that we've been waiting for.
Everybody's glad, because our silent fear and dread is gone.

Freedom, you see, has got our hearts singing so joyfully
Just look about, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Can't you feel a brand new day?

Everybody be glad, because the sun is shining just for us.
Everybody wake up into the morning into happiness.

Hello World! It's like a different way of living now.
And thank you World, we always knew that we'd be free somehow
In harmony and show the world that we've got liberty
It's such a change for us to live so independently

Freedom, you see, has got our hearts singing so joyfully
Just look about, you owe it to yourself to check it out.

Can't you feel a brand new day?"

OK, who wants to put together the music video after the wand is gone? :D

-Rob

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
:brick:

I just don't see where tons of people are thinking this is the case. Why are you so fired up about that?

Disneyland fans were allowed to celebrate when Space Mountain was painted white again a few years ago. That didn't mean that they thought Adventure Thru Inner Space and the Monsanto House of the Future was coming back though.
he's a troll.

*gets out popcorn*
can i borrow some... actually, it is 8:35 and popcorn would be a little nasty right now.

Kari -

Every single news article about the wand coming down (which due to the popularity in Orlando, is being spread across the affiliates) mentions Epcot's 25th. Someone carefully planned that trump move - and is winning.
i love spades references. i wonder who got caught with the sandbags

I always thought the wand detracted from the nice, clean image of a giant golf ball. I'm gad they are taking it down.
harry, how dare you refer to it as a golf ball. :lol: your going to send merf over the edge. kidding

dandaman

^There's always time for popcorn! :lol:

I say we put up the old "2000" wand numbers, knock out the 0's and add a 5. Who's with me? :lookaroun

Miss Bell

I for one will miss it, but I loved SE before the wand, and it will be interesting to see it without it again. Now, if we can just get that hat moved out from the front of the Great Movie Ride...when does MGM have an anniversary again?

fyn

I for one will miss it, but I loved SE before the wand, and it will be interesting to see it without it again. Now, if we can just get that hat moved out from the front of the Great Movie Ride...when does MGM have an anniversary again?

Quoted for emphasis.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom