IT'S OFFICIAL - December Meet 12/4-12/5

Ergens2

Gucci65 said:
We stayed at POR last year when Pop Warner kids where there (unknowingly) and the boys (10-12 yrs old) were awful. They walked off w/ food constantly from the food court (I know I've posted this before - sorry).

Anyway, I changed from WL to CB this morning after the discounts were released. Anyone have any comments/suggestions about Caribbean Beach?

Gucci, we were there too!!! I feel your pain!!! That is why I am praying to the reservation god (Pam) to come through with something else!! I will NEVER go through that again!!! My one question...WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS???

Shelley :wave:

speck76

Ergens2 said:
Gucci, we were there too!!! I feel your pain!!! That is why I am praying to the reservation god (Pam) to come through with something else!! I will NEVER go through that again!!! My one question...WHERE ARE THEIR PARENTS???

Sometimes the parents are worse than the kids. :(

cherrynegra

I think I read somewhere that somebody was taking a list of people coming. If so, can you please put me, (Gordon) down with my BF, (Jason.) We're staying at the Animal Kingdom Lodge. Was I supposed to link up with Pam for the special events? Sorry I'm so confused.

Secondly, is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party part of the plans for the meet? I'm trying to book us tickets and I don't want to book another night if we plan on doing that as our meet event.

Thanks!!

Gordon

Gucci65

Ergens2 said:

Lord only knows where their parents were. We were only at the hotel after the parks closed so we didn't have to deal with them too much, just in the food court when we decided to have a cup of coffee. This team came into the food court and loaded up trays of food and then sat down at tables without paying. It took a good 20 mins before a CM realized what happened and THEN they went looking for an adult. Turns out they grabbed the coach and he had to foot the bill. He was not a happy camper. Really, what land of the dumb@sses did these folks come from?

THEN I remember the night we arrived, there was a group of girls outside, when my daughter stepped out of the car they screamed and came running over to the car. "Where are you from?" "Who's team are you cheering for?" etc. My daughter says she on vacation and please don't use the "c" word LOL. She IS a cheerleader, but she wasn't dressed like one - so we couldn't figure it out.

Anyway, if you can't get WL then check out Caribbean Beach or Coronado Springs - I don't think Turkey mentioned Pop Warner blocks for those two.

KevinPage

Original Poster
cherrynegra said:
Secondly, is Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party part of the plans for the meet? I'm trying to book us tickets and I don't want to book another night if we plan on doing that as our meet event.
Thanks!!
Gordon

No, The Xmas party is not part of the "Official Meet". So I suggest picking another date outside of the 4th & 5th of December. :D

Nicole

Gucci65 said:
Anyway, I changed from WL to CB this morning after the discounts were released. Anyone have any comments/suggestions about Caribbean Beach?

Well, I'm staying at the CBR so at least that makes a couple of "meet-ers" there.

cherrynegra

Ugh!! I was lucky to get a room. The only things left were like the Presidential Suites at various resorts. And though it sounded tempting to book the P Suite, the idea of getting my @ss whooped by the BF nipped that idea in the butt. All the moderates were getting booked and I just bit the bullet and took a room at AK.

Gucci65

NSCMC said:
Well, I'm staying at the CBR so at least that makes a couple of "meet-ers" there.

Cool!

I thought the discounts were coming out tomorrow, but accepted them as a bday present instead!! I love to save $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Ergens2

All I can say is Pam is my new fairy godmother!!! We are staying at AKL (cherrynegra,we will see you there!) It is a little more than we wanted to pay but we have a deluxe savannah room and my husband will be very excited.(he is a photographer on the side. so if you see someone who looks like a walking Sears portrait studio, its us!! :lol: ) Wow, it looks like we are all over the place! What is going on! The whole place is booked up! I have never seen it this booked before! I hope this is not a forshadowing of 2 1/2 hr waits for Space Mountain :( . Oh well. At least we will be together to weather the storm. You know what they say...safety in numbers! (oh, who am I kidding. Its every nut for themselves! :p )

cherrynegra

Ergens2 said:
All I can say is Pam is my new fairy godmother!!! We are staying at AKL (cherrynegra,we will see you there!) It is a little more than we wanted to pay but we have a deluxe savannah room and my husband will be very excited.(he is a photographer on the side. so if you see someone who looks like a walking Sears portrait studio, its us!! :lol: ) Wow, it looks like we are all over the place! What is going on! The whole place is booked up! I have never seen it this booked before! I hope this is not a forshadowing of 2 1/2 hr waits for Space Mountain :( . Oh well. At least we will be together to weather the storm. You know what they say...safety in numbers! (oh, who am I kidding. Its every nut for themselves! :p )

Yeah!! This is my fear as well that this will be the one year when the off-season will be abnormally crowded. :mad: I couldn't believe that by noon Eastern time most of the rooms were gone.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
When do you guys (coordinators) need to know if we are coming? I will surely be there, just wanted to know when I should let you all know. Also....who should the info be PM'd to?

Ergens2

PM wannabeBelle with your info and if you want to be included in a poss. grand gathering event with the group you will need to have Pam with Kingdom Konsultants take over your reservation. (she is great by the way!)

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Ergens2 said:
PM wannabeBelle with your info and if you want to be included in a poss. grand gathering event with the group you will need to have Pam with Kingdom Konsultants take over your reservation. (she is great by the way!)

Thanks for the info! I just shipped off a PM to Belle. :wave:

Nicole

cherrynegra said:

If anyone cares, my tickets for MVMCP are for Tuesday the 7th - after the official meet days but who says we can't stretch things out a little bit??

TURKEY

mkt said:
just cause the event is held at Disney, doesn't mean they stay on property ;)

It really means there aren't hundreds/thousands of kids running around the resort causing trouble at all hours of the day right now, but come group season (during the meet) they will be.

wannabeBelle

TURKEY said:
It really means there aren't hundreds/thousands of kids running around the resort causing trouble at all hours of the day right now, but come group season (during the meet) they will be.
Hey there Turkey!!! I appreciate the heads up on this. I appreciate peace and quiet at my resort. The idea of 1200 rooms being blocked out for this annoys me!!! I may have Pam change my ressie to another hotel because of that!! Thanks again!! Belle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom