Its been good Disney World

POLY LOVER

You're right, they haven't invested nearly enough to keep it fresh, and it's so very sad. Maximizing income is front and center, but it may come at a long term cost that they are too short sighted to see. Time will tell. :)

I think we all know businesses large, small, national that were on top and then lost it never to get it back. In my area I can probably name 10 that were thought to be invincible and sadly lost it. Maybe they have the magic formula that sez you can milk it to just before the brink and then quickly engage in some correction and bring it back? Toy Story and Star Wars maybe will save them and bring it all back?

rucifee

I read what was said, the same as you. I was just trying to provide a bit of clarification, which yensid67 has since verified.

"Just go into your vacation with NO EXPECTATIONS"

There's nothing to clarify, @yensid67 was very specific. The story changed when called on it, that's not surprising. :)

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
If we are speaking just about the parks themselves, we cannot ignore the significant investment that is now being made in parks like AK and DHS. Yes, I am one like many who feel this should have happened quite some time ago. But now, it is happening and it is a good thing.

Now, if your problem is with the Walt Disney Company itself...well, that is another story and I really have no answer for you

POLY LOVER

If we are speaking just about the parks themselves, we cannot ignore the significant investment that is now being made in parks like AK and DHS. Yes, I am one like many who feel this should have happened quite some time ago. But now, it is happening and it is a good thing.

Now, if your problem is with the Walt Disney Company itself...well, that is another story and I really have no answer for you

I hope all the passionate discussion is because we care about Disney Company and the man that started it all. If you have a hiden agenda then nothing they do is going to make you happy.

pax_65

maybe going multiple times as we do just isn't normal? I mean its like paying to see the same movie over and over again eventually you start seeing the flaws in the plot and the movie. Maybe everyone just needs a break from the place ?

Fair enough, but for about 20 years, from 1991-2011 (or so) I couldn't get enough. I'd take 3 trips in one year and I always felt I got great value for the money I spent. I'd get home and start planning my next trip. No longer. Something has changed. Yes, it could just be me... but I'm not alone in how I feel, so...

I think the idea is not to have an expectation of perfection, which no company can provide 100% of the time.

I don't expect perfection, I expect Disney. My experience over 25 years has been that Disney treats its guests better than anyone. The parks are clean and safe, the attractions are in great working order, the hotel accommodations are outstanding, the food is of high quality, transportation is safe and efficient, and the service is at the highest level that Disney is known for. Put all together, this is the Disney Magic that people talk about. I'm not sure that people who didn't go to Disney in the 1990s and before fully appreciate what us "old timers" are saying. (I could go through and compare then vs now on EACH of these areas, but I'll spare you.)

On a Disney vacation, I could relax knowing that problems were unlikely and that if a problem occurs, Disney would handle it promptly. It's my vacation - I want to relax and enjoy myself! On recent trips, I've had so many My Magic + problems that I can't even count them all - and Disney seemed unable to make things right. On one trip I spent 90 minutes at the front desk of my hotel trying to get all my magic bands working, and when I got back to my room my band wouldn't open the door! Honestly, it makes me sad to see how far things have slipped. It really does.

Don't get me wrong, Disney is still a great place to go. In particular, there are specific cast members who still go the extra mile to provide the Disney service I've come to expect (many of them have been at Disney for years and still do their best). There are still flashes of the the old Disney quality. I appreciate some of the improvements like the new Fantasyland. There was some nice work done there. But not nearly enough has been done, and quality has slipped a little across the board. As others have said, I've started to feel "taken for granted" a bit, like Disney thinks I will just take what they give me no matter what.

I'm loyal but loyalty has its limits, especially if that loyalty isn't appreciated and rewarded. Again, I'm not vowing to end my Disney trips but they will be less frequent. And when I go, I will spend less time and money in the parks until things turn around and I start to see Disney quality and value for my money once again.

POLY LOVER

Fair enough, but for about 20 years, from 1991-2011 (or so) I couldn't get enough. I'd take 3 trips in one year and I always felt I got great value for the money I spent. I'd get home and start planning my next trip. No longer. Something has changed. Yes, it could just be me... but I'm not alone in how I feel, so...

I don't expect perfection, I expect Disney. My experience over 25 years has been that Disney treats its guests better than anyone. The parks are clean and safe, the attractions are in great working order, the hotel accommodations are outstanding, the food is of high quality, transportation is safe and efficient, and the service is at the highest level that Disney is known for. Put all together, this is the Disney Magic that people talk about. I'm not sure that people who didn't go to Disney in the 1990s and before fully appreciate what us "old timers" are saying. (I could go through and compare then vs now on EACH of these areas, but I'll spare you.)

On a Disney vacation, I could relax knowing that problems were unlikely and that if a problem occurs, Disney would handle it promptly. It's my vacation - I want to relax and enjoy myself! On recent trips, I've had so many My Magic + problems that I can't even count them all - and Disney seemed unable to make things right. On one trip I spent 90 minutes at the front desk of my hotel trying to get all my magic bands working, and when I got back to my room my band wouldn't open the door! Honestly, it makes me sad to see how far things have slipped. It really does.

Don't get me wrong, Disney is still a great place to go. In particular, there are specific cast members who still go the extra mile to provide the Disney service I've come to expect (many of them have been at Disney for years and still do their best). There are still flashes of the the old Disney quality. I appreciate some of the improvements like the new Fantasyland. There was some nice work done there. But not nearly enough has been done, and quality has slipped a little across the board. As others have said, I've started to feel "taken for granted" a bit, like Disney thinks I will just take what they give me no matter what.

I'm loyal but loyalty has its limits, especially if that loyalty isn't appreciated and rewarded. Again, I'm not vowing to end my Disney trips but they will be less frequent. And when I go, I will spend less time and money in the parks until things turn around and I start to see Disney quality and value for my money once again.

I think Disney has worked to set that expectation for its guest , so we expect it now. When its not there we notice. In a world full of mediocre they stood out and showed that exceptional could be done. So when you pay the big bucks you knew why you did.

rucifee

I think Disney has worked to set that expectation for its guest , so we expect it now. When its not there we notice. In a world full of mediocre they stood out and showed that exceptional could be done. So when you pay the big bucks you knew why you did.

This is exactly right. Just look at Disney's commercials, they promise magic but deliver very little of what they advertise.

rucifee

Nothing at all rose colored in my view. Sometimes people say things that might not make sense on the surface, but with a little clarification become clear. But that may be tough for someone who just wants to argue.

I'm sorry if I don't assume people mean things that their words don't convey. You seem intent on white knighting, but you're saying I just want to argue. Comical.

rucifee

Am I really the only one who still receives great service when I go to WDW? My issue with them recently is more of an attractions thing and less about the service I receive from CM's.

I've personally had mixed experiences with service, I've had wonderful and catastrophic experiences. Sometimes the same day within the confines of the same park, but at different locations.

danyoung56

Y'know, I really hesitated to respond to this thread, as you have a history of being argumentative and just plain rude. But then I thought that I didn't want to be chased away by the chance that things might get ugly. And now of course things are ugly. And that's not what I enjoy about Disney park forums.

Dan out.

rucifee

Y'know, I really hesitated to respond to this thread, as you have a history of being argumentative and just plain rude. But then I thought that I didn't want to be chased away by the chance that things might get ugly. And now of course things are ugly. And that's not what I enjoy about Disney park forums.

Dan out.

Yes, I'm rude. I said something you didn't want to hear, and called out your white knighting so of course, I'm rude. Things are probably always "ugly" when they don't go your way. :cry:

splash1988

Ju
If you REALLY want to send Disney a message, you can actually send them a message. Posting on a fan forum is hardly going to change things.
Just something interesting, but a couple of weeks ago I was sent a survey link from Disney. Before the survey questions it was asking some general background questions. They ask if I ever posted/read Disney related forums. I responded yes. It then told me I was ineligible to take the survey. Disney must really want to hear our concerns.

Polydweller

Ju

Just something interesting, but a couple of weeks ago I was sent a survey link from Disney. Before the survey questions it was asking some general background questions. They ask if I ever posted/read Disney related forums. I responded yes. It then told me I was ineligible to take the survey. Disney must really want to hear our concerns.
That happens with all kinds of surveys from various companies. Properly done surveys, this was my thesis topic by the way, have criteria for the people they want to ask. Once the number people in a certain category are met then no more are accepted. Or, if you do not meet the demographic they want to hear from then again ineligible. It has absolutely nothing to do with wanting to here from you.

Disney is one of the companies that does the most surveying. They definitely want to hear. And you can always contact guest services.

EaglesfanNJ

You're awesome, much class, amaze.
This is the best!

What did my comment have to do with class? If he/she so unhappy with Disney that he/she will stay away for good (unlikely) then guess what? See ya, bye bye. I'm ok with that 1 less person taking up a Fastpass from those of us that continue to support the Big Bad Evil Empire that is Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom