Its been good Disney World

Matt_Black

*sees where thread is heading*

nope.gif

Mawg

As for someone who has had high hopes for Disney World and amazing memories, a Disney regular been a member of WDWmagic and other Disney forums for nearly 6 years, complaining and posting about past attractions and ones that have left as long ago as the 90's but still return every year for the nostalgia that has completely changed my life I'm sad to say that I am no longer returning to Disney World. I took my last sad bittersweet walk thru the parks for one last goodbye.
The reason for this is not only the jacked up prices of the parks and lowering the quality of them... Its the micro managing, treatment of workers and nothing against foreigners but the fact they hired foreigners to save money and let go the existing workers who have been here their whole lives. This is not Walt Disney's dream and I can't support or put my money into a place that I have no moral respect for. That's just a few things on my list. You can lock or delete this thread, It was great talking Disney Parks with all of you and I wish you all many great trips and memories to Disney World. Ill always be down for the classic attraction threads and watching martins vids. Unfortunately I'm going to stand up for what I believe in and I will not set foot in a Disney Park until things change.

Just go to Disneyland.

JohnD

As for someone who has had high hopes for Disney World and amazing memories, a Disney regular been a member of WDWmagic and other Disney forums for nearly 6 years, complaining and posting about past attractions and ones that have left as long ago as the 90's but still return every year for the nostalgia that has completely changed my life I'm sad to say that I am no longer returning to Disney World. I took my last sad bittersweet walk thru the parks for one last goodbye.
The reason for this is not only the jacked up prices of the parks and lowering the quality of them... Its the micro managing, treatment of workers and nothing against foreigners but the fact they hired foreigners to save money and let go the existing workers who have been here their whole lives. This is not Walt Disney's dream and I can't support or put my money into a place that I have no moral respect for. That's just a few things on my list. You can lock or delete this thread, It was great talking Disney Parks with all of you and I wish you all many great trips and memories to Disney World. Ill always be down for the classic attraction threads and watching martins vids. Unfortunately I'm going to stand up for what I believe in and I will not set foot in a Disney Park until things change.

"You must do what you feel is right, of course."
So, I'll just say, "See you real soon!"

jaklgreen

You do realize that a lot, if not most, companies treat their employees like crap. Just about every food service establishment as one example. My DH is a programmer and the very big well know company he works for has done the some thing about out sourcing to foreigners( like many companies have) plus they have taken away any 401K matching and no more working from home. So basically all benefits are gone. Unfortunately this is the world we live in now. Its not right but what are you going to do? Not use any technology or eat any food or use any bank in protest of the big corporations?

rucifee

You do realize that a lot, if not most, companies treat their employees like crap. Just about every food service establishment as one example. My DH is a programmer and the very big well know company he works for has done the some thing about out sourcing to foreigners( like many companies have) plus they have taken away any 401K matching and no more working from home. So basically all benefits are gone. Unfortunately this is the world we live in now. Its not right but what are you going to do? Not use any technology or eat any food or use any bank in protest of the big corporations?

Vote with your wallet, that's what you can do. If enough people do, they'll start to listen.

Tom P.

I honestly don't get it. I have nothing against the OP or anyone else who chooses to spend their vacation dollars somewhere other than Disney. But we just came back from a Walt Disney World vacation a few weeks ago, and I couldn't have been happier with it. I read the message boards, I listen to a Disney podcast, I know all about the things people complain about. And if I wanted to walk around the parks nitpicking, I'm sure I could find things to criticize. But that's not what I want to do, so I didn't. I still found WDW to be thoroughly enjoyable, and we have every intention of going back again and again. To each his own, I suppose.

No, lazy Romans were responsible, they got fat and happy. Foreigners did the jobs that they no longer wanted to do.
Well, that doesn't sound familiar at all, does it? Too bad we never learn from history.

righttrack

As an IT person myself I appreciate your stance. I will say something however, that WDW is the last company on earth to do this. Everyone their size and many sizes smaller has already done the outsourcing and to levels greater than WDW did. You would stop doing business with every other corporation by now if you honored this across the board. All the household names and lesser ones all have outsourced IT.

The Empress Lilly

Well said. I totally agree, except with one thing, that "this is the world we live in now". That is what they would want you to believe. But it is not the world you live in. It is the America you live in.

Sorry to get all serious here, and dramatic!, but then, we are allowed a few adult threads now and then. In a rather staggering scientific finding by the 2015 economics Nobel laureate that is quickly getting famous, it emerges that (white) middle class Americans have a fast rising mortality rate, and that the cause is not obesity rates, or any epidemic disease, but...the attack on their social and economic stability. And it is not a rise of merely academic interest. No, half a million deaths are attributed to it. There is nothing like it anywhere else in the developed world, where, as one would expect, mortality rates keep dropping at a steady pace.

Remember how the mortality rate of Russians skyrocketed when the Soviet Union collapsed? Same thing. America's middle class really is under siege, really is being destroyed, to the point where the world could ask if this is not a humanitarian disaster. It's killed as many people as the aids epidemic.

Americans are taught that economic stability is a purely personal matter, with personal causes. But it is not. Millions of American families are under attack, their jobs being taken from them, their husbands succumbing to alcohol abuse, the wives falling prey to depression. Half a million have died, leaving countless broken families. Many more suffer from health and mental health problems. Maybe Americans should take a stand and telll their corporations where to stuff it.

http://www.iflscience.com/health-an...ed-white-americans-due-epidemic-drugs-alcohol

ParentsOf4

And at one point in time, Rome was the largest & most powerful empire in the world...
And GM was the largest and most profitable company in the World.

And McDonald's was the fast food leader.

And Sears was the premier department store.

And ...

Anyone who thinks Disney can't overstep is forgetting the recent "too big to fail" example, as well as ignoring market trends in other industries today.

Industry leaders misstep all the time. Disney will misstep eventually. Taking the paying customer for granted is a sin committed by many companies in the past.

Every corporate failure starts with a single unhappy customer.

blueboxdoctor

You do you. But I haven't really noticed a decline in quality in the parks. There has been a lack of attention to Future World in EPCOT, but I don't really recall a time when that wasn't an issue, so while not acceptable it's also not something new.

If you don't like what they are doing then right on, do what you see fit. Though I guess with that point of view, you probably have also banned the watching of the NFL (unless you never watched it then never mind).

Tom P.

At best you'll get facebook likes and retweets. Most Americans can't be bothered with say, shopping somwhere else or participating in elections.
I'm not even sure it's that. I don't think it's that they can't be bothered. I think it's that they actually don't want to. I think most Americans today would rather have the lower prices of Walmart than better jobs for people in their community. There's lots of reasons for that, but I think that's where people's priorities actually are. And until that changes, nothing about the corporations will change either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom