Its been good Disney World

POLY LOVER

image.jpeg

Gone off the rails on a crazy train

Disneyhead'71

My Top Ten

1. Lack of new compelling offerings.
2. Stale entertainment.
3. What new-ish offerings they have are aimed at toddlers.
4. Branding everywhere!
5. Skyrocketing prices in everything from admission media and accommodations to food and merchandise.
6. Declining service and custodial standards.
7. Homogenizing merchandise.
8. Over Crowded
9. Too pre-planning intensive
10. Lack of table service capacity.

Last edited:

Animaniac93-98

My Top Ten

1. Lack of new compelling offerings.
2. Stale entertainment.
3. What new-ish offerings they have are aimed at toddlers.
4. Branding everywhere!
5. Skyrocketing prices in everything from admission media and accommodations to food and merchandise.
6. Declining service and custodial standards.
7. Homogenizing merchandise.
8. Over Crowded
9. Too pre-planning intensive
10. Lack of table service capacity.

But Star Wars and Avatar with fix everything!

...right?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
And this will change anything....why?

Don't be a drama queen.

If ENOUGH of us do this and encourage friends and neighbors to do the same it has the possibility of changing things, Continuing to go only reinforces TWDC's belief that they are doing the right thing for their business. The only way Disney will change is hitting them in the pocketbook.

I've not renewed our premier passes and will be renting my DVC points.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Fair enough, but for about 20 years, from 1991-2011 (or so) I couldn't get enough. I'd take 3 trips in one year and I always felt I got great value for the money I spent. I'd get home and start planning my next trip. No longer. Something has changed. Yes, it could just be me... but I'm not alone in how I feel, so...

I don't expect perfection, I expect Disney. My experience over 25 years has been that Disney treats its guests better than anyone. The parks are clean and safe, the attractions are in great working order, the hotel accommodations are outstanding, the food is of high quality, transportation is safe and efficient, and the service is at the highest level that Disney is known for. Put all together, this is the Disney Magic that people talk about. I'm not sure that people who didn't go to Disney in the 1990s and before fully appreciate what us "old timers" are saying. (I could go through and compare then vs now on EACH of these areas, but I'll spare you.)

On a Disney vacation, I could relax knowing that problems were unlikely and that if a problem occurs, Disney would handle it promptly. It's my vacation - I want to relax and enjoy myself! On recent trips, I've had so many My Magic + problems that I can't even count them all - and Disney seemed unable to make things right. On one trip I spent 90 minutes at the front desk of my hotel trying to get all my magic bands working, and when I got back to my room my band wouldn't open the door! Honestly, it makes me sad to see how far things have slipped. It really does.

Don't get me wrong, Disney is still a great place to go. In particular, there are specific cast members who still go the extra mile to provide the Disney service I've come to expect (many of them have been at Disney for years and still do their best). There are still flashes of the the old Disney quality. I appreciate some of the improvements like the new Fantasyland. There was some nice work done there. But not nearly enough has been done, and quality has slipped a little across the board. As others have said, I've started to feel "taken for granted" a bit, like Disney thinks I will just take what they give me no matter what.

I'm loyal but loyalty has its limits, especially if that loyalty isn't appreciated and rewarded. Again, I'm not vowing to end my Disney trips but they will be less frequent. And when I go, I will spend less time and money in the parks until things turn around and I start to see Disney quality and value for my money once again.

The 90 minutes with at the front desk or GR happening regularly is what soured me on Disney because every trip since 2012 has had one of those horror stories. Last december rented a GV for extended family, We had an ADR but I needed to reactivate my AP which I renewed in August online but since I did not visit park it was not active. Short story is I spent 2 hours activating our AP's and missed a birthday dinner at Tony's with rest of family because the systems at GR kept crashing. For this lovely experience we got 2 FP+'s woo hoo.

This is NOT the Disney I grew up with. This is service on par with your average DMV or Cable Company.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
A good friend of mine got a hold of my phone and was being funny. Well as I was ranting about the downfalls and broken things on my last trip he took the opportunity to make this thread while I was logged in with my laptop open. Well It worked because this was the longest thread I have ever had. The employment situation I can't be mad at because to me it seems like those employees were contracted out by another company. I do feel like Disney has made a for choice but there are to many good american workers there and I enjoy their work and I do not plan on leaving Disney because a few crumbs in the huge company have made some poor decisions. Boycotting Disney wouldn't be fair to the ones making the place as great as it could be. On the other hand this is the largest thread to be produced by my account and was totally thrown off when I saw all the likes and reply flooding my page.

copcarguyp71

A good friend of mine got a hold of my phone and was being funny. Well as I was ranting about the downfalls and broken things on my last trip he took the opportunity to make this thread while I was logged in with my laptop open. Well It worked because this was the longest thread I have ever had. The employment situation I can't be mad at because to me it seems like those employees were contracted out by another company. I do feel like Disney has made a for choice but there are to many good american workers there and I enjoy their work and I do not plan on leaving Disney because a few crumbs in the huge company have made some poor decisions. Boycotting Disney wouldn't be fair to the ones making the place as great as it could be. On the other hand this is the largest thread to be produced by my account and was totally thrown off when I saw all the likes and reply flooding my page.

Putting toothpaste back in the tube is a very difficult...no, impossible task!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
We have cut back on our trips to just once a year. Every park is under going a major refurb in one way or another and we were tired of looking at construction walls everywhere (the magic was being diminished).

We have cut our trips down to 5 or so a year a week or more each. APs? Check, DVC ? Dont need it since I'm retired military and Shades of Green is significanlty less expensive... pays for TS and APs easily.

The90skid

And remember this is being done by good old flag waving American companys usually due to greed. They make great profits but just want more. How much is enough?
Just some food for thought, if you own any shares of stock or shares in a mutual fund, you are partly responsible for this "corporate greed" because a corporation's goal is to make returns so that its shareholders (i.e. you) can have a "nest egg".

Disneyhead'71

Just some food for thought, if you own any shares of stock or shares in a mutual fund, you are partly responsible for this "corporate greed" because a corporation's goal is to make returns so that its shareholders (i.e. you) can have a "nest egg".
A corporation's goal should be to make the strongest and healthiest company they can. Your nest egg isn't Disney's responsibility. If you want to leach off a company's profit, go right ahead. But that is your choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom