Its been good Disney World

The90skid

A corporation's goal should be to make the strongest and healthiest company they can. Your nest egg isn't Disney's responsibility. If you want to leach off a company's profit, go right ahead. But that is your choice.
Exactly! However, owning shares of a corporation is not "being a leach", it is being an investor. You pay to get a share, so you deserve it if your share increases in value. My point was that those who complain about "corporate greed", yet happily own shares of corporations and reap said benefits of "corporate greed" are being hypocritical.

jloucks

The 90 minutes with at the front desk or GR happening regularly is what soured me on Disney because every trip since 2012 has had one of those horror stories. Last december rented a GV for extended family, We had an ADR but I needed to reactivate my AP which I renewed in August online but since I did not visit park it was not active. Short story is I spent 2 hours activating our AP's and missed a birthday dinner at Tony's with rest of family because the systems at GR kept crashing. For this lovely experience we got 2 FP+'s woo hoo.

This is NOT the Disney I grew up with. This is service on par with your average DMV or Cable Company.

Charter Cable customer service has been spectacular lately. Live local techs answer the phone to help with whatever. Same or next day service calls with 1 hour arrival windows. Cable Companies are actually a bit better than WDW IMHO.

SandraAnn

I think almost every single problem goes back to the core issue that the parks are too crowded for the price of the vacation. You spend so much time/energy/planning simply trying to dodge the crowds. All of these websites and businesses developed around the idea of dodging the crowds but now the tricks just aren't working anymore, especially with the arrival of FP+. Getting up at 6 am to go stand outside the gates for an hour before the park opens so you have an hour or so before the hordes pour in. Logging on at midnight to book a FP for a 3 minute ride. Six months out you're picking what you want to eat. Is that a vacation? The whole thing has just gotten insane.

rucifee

I think almost every single problem goes back to the core issue that the parks are too crowded for the price of the vacation. You spend so much time/energy/planning simply trying to dodge the crowds. All of these websites and businesses developed around the idea of dodging the crowds but now the tricks just aren't working anymore, especially with the arrival of FP+. Getting up at 6 am to go stand outside the gates for an hour before the park opens so you have an hour or so before the hordes pour in. Logging on at midnight to book a FP for a 3 minute ride. Six months out you're picking what you want to eat. Is that a vacation? The whole thing has just gotten insane.

Yet some people somehow still believe a Disney vacation is "magical". I just don't know how or why anyone would.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Just some food for thought, if you own any shares of stock or shares in a mutual fund, you are partly responsible for this "corporate greed" because a corporation's goal is to make returns so that its shareholders (i.e. you) can have a "nest egg".
But that's actually no longer true with most companies, in the past earnings were distributed to shareholders via dividend payments (yes some companies still pay dividends). But now it's all about manipulating the share price and the management gets most of the actual cash money.

In the past share price was not as important as making a sustainable profit run rate so the shareholders could be paid. Now it's in bizzaro world where share price is everything and holdings can drop to zero in the blink of an eye. Even if the company is profitable.

The other thing about running the market the old way is malfeasance and fraud was quickly caught because companies had to pay their shareholders every quarter. No phony profits from accounting trickery because the shareholders would say where is our cut.

Not that fraud did not happen before, but it was nowhere near as rampant and destructive at a macro level as it is today.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
If Disneys crowds are so outrageous its an issue for them they should make a smaller Disneyland up north somewhere. It would relieve the summer crowds plus it would be more prophet because it would get its own locals, regulars and people up north who can stand the drive or afford the flight would travel to it.

rucifee

The funny thing is that in the amount of time it has taken all of us to throw out ideas of how to fix the problem, TWDC could have analyzed, and corrected it. I think what's holding back the true course correction is that it will cost them money as it will require lowering their max capacity numbers by probably close to 50%.

LilWalt

Am I the only one that read the initial post? He said he wasn't boycotting Disney World. A friend typed this message on his account.

rucifee

Am I the only one that read the initial post? He said he wasn't boycotting Disney World. A friend typed this message on his account.

So his friend used his laptop to type all that on November 3rd and then borrowed it again on November 7th to reply to comments but once he sobered up on Sunday the 8th he realized "Bud" had been using his laptop the whole time and edited the first post...ok...sure...lmao

LilWalt

Ok, I didn't realize it was edited after the fact. I read the first post then started reading the comments and felt like I missed something or everybody else missed something.

rucifee

Ok, I didn't realize it was edited after the fact. I read the first post then started reading the comments and felt like I missed something or everybody else missed something.

Wasn't poking you there, was poking OP's first post edit. :)

Another funny:

A good friend of mine got a hold of my phone and was being funny. Well as I was ranting about the downfalls and broken things on my last trip he took the opportunity to make this thread while I was logged in with my laptop open.

His friend used his laphonetop. lmao

rucifee

So why are you here? Just to complain? Seems a horrible waste of time if you no longer have any enjoyment from the product.

I'm here for the same reason you're here, mutual interest. Being a complete and total fanboy or a pro-Disney zealot isn't a requirement to use this site.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom