IS THIS YOUR LAST TRIP?

HOW MANY ARE CONSIDERING YOUR NEXT TRIP TO BE YOUR LAST TRIP!?

• YES, This will be my last trip

• NO, I will continue to go and get sub-par quality

Results are only viewable after voting.

DisneyPrincess5

We just had a trip last month and it will be out last trip for a little while.

I will be starting graduate school in the Fall so money and time will be tight. I refuse to go to WDW during certain busy times of the year or in extreme weather (hurricane risks, too hot, too chilly) so that excludes pretty much all the breaks I will have.
With that said, I'm kind of glad that we will be taking a break. With all of the changes going on, it's hard to throw money at Disney and feel good about it. A break will do us some good. Absense makes the heart grow fonder, right?

Thessair

My last trip was nearly five years ago at this point. As someone who was going 2-3 times a year for more than a decade, I was starting to feel that the experience wasn't worth the expenditure.

Seabasealpha1

I guess for myself, the notion of the LAST trip has more to do with gaining either very old age, terminal illness, or a surprise visit from the "death fairy" (hopefully in a spectacular fashion ;) )

I'll continue to go...despite my griping...because I guess I'll always hold out hope that maybe something will wind up for the better...and there's also a sort of intangible vibe at the parks that I enjoy and find very comforting...

But yeah...last trip = fireball, cancer, or attaining ancient status...

JohnD

Just wanted to start a poll and find out who has declared that this next trip will be your last until things change at Disney World!

We all have complained that things are not up to par or take too long! The only way to get the message through to Disney is to start hitting them where it's gonna hurt...THEIR POCKETS!

My vote was the first one and was YES. I have a 2018 trip planned and this will be my last time going to ANY Disney Park! The reason: POOR Show Quality, HIGH Prices: not only for the parks, but for travel/gas and hotels.

It's a loaded question. But I am reducing the times I go. Only going once this year to maximize my time for all the new openings at once. Went twice last year (SWW obviously not knowing it was the last at the time and during Christmas for the Osborne Lights knowing it was the last one).

lebeau

We took our last trip for a while in 2014. I didn't realize it at the time. When we left, I expected to come back soon. But once I got home I found I had no desire to return. We're good. When the kids are older and Disney has made some changes, we'll probably be back. But that may be the last trip we take to Disney World. I don't think I have more than two trips left in me.

Stellajack

Premium Member
Yes, definitely my LAST trip May 11-18, THEN finis; wait... first I go back in Feb. '17 for the Princess run with a 2 day park hopper, THEN au revoir! Oops forgot about next April for The Dark Side with my DH w/4 day park hopper, THEN definitely b'bye!

wendysue

Got back home 2 days ago from latest trip, there was already a pin code in the mailbox waiting for us, which I promptly threw in the trash. Husband and I have decided that we would possibly do the room only in the future and visit Disney Springs, resorts, etc. but will not purchase park tickets. Just our decision... parks no longer worth the money to us. Overcrowded, rude people, rides usually down the day we go, or stop several times if they are running. Monorail totally smelled like a urinal, so much so that our young nephew calls it the pee train. :eek:
While we were at the Columbia Harbor House for lunch, we overheard a large family saying that they were glad that they only got a one day ticket, because they had no desire to come back. That was really sad to hear, but understood.

Yes, we did have a very nice vacation, but mostly because we blew off our FP's and went elsewhere. I had been having a really hard time with the decision to eliminate the parks having gone usually twice a year, but now that HS has been destroyed and MK sooo crowded that you want to MOOOO while being herded from FP to FP, they have made it easy. :)

Yelloweaver

I'd like to place my vote, but I don't see the option I'd select. I don't feel I've gotten sub-par service or quality on my vacations. We are DVC members so unless I want to rent out my points or lose them, we're going every year.

Last edited:

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I vote #3 - I will continue to go to Walt Disney World. I have been a little disappoint in the last few years but see great things happening now and in the next few years. I want to be part of this.

Who else votes this way?

Rubicon77

To the OP, I completely understand your frustration. Our last trip was in 2013 as well, between the state of the parks & the rude crowds we were disappointed. That is when I joined this forum to discuss our trip & see if others felt the same way. I was blasted by several members much as you have been, there were some however that agreed. So until a few months ago I had just written off WDW. But then I started having that yearning to go back to WDW, so I started following this forum again. Surprisingly enough I found that the tone here had turned decidedly more negative just as I felt over 2 yrs ago. What I realized is the WDW we loved is 700 miles away & 25 yrs ago. Over the past 15 yrs we kept going back trying to recreate the fun we had in the early to mid 90's. The cold hard reality is that WDW is gone, it is, what it is. Things cannot remain the same, some aspects of WDW are better some are worse. Funny thing is I feel like I'm in the acceptance phase of the grieving process, & as I read these forums I see others at different points in the process, anger, denial, bargaining etc.
To answer your question will we take another trip to WDW? If by trip you mean the full meal deal, stay on site for a week 5-6 days, I see perhaps one more trip in about a decade. When all the new projects are completed I can see going back. Between now and then if we are in Orlando for a meeting or the Eukanuba classic we may go to WDW for a day or two in conjunction with going to Universal or SW. If someone still enjoys going to WDW that's great, I envy you, go. For me, in the future I'll go when and how it suits me, at my convenience. We will always have our memories of better trips, & I will hope for a return to some semblance of the older, better days.

Last edited:

blueboxdoctor

I chose not to vote because I don't think it is sub par quality. I've been there quite a few times and while things have changed, I don't feel like we're getting less. Yes, the New Fantasyland expansion was a little underwhelming at first, but now I can't imagine that area being any different. My only issue is with Future World in EPCOT, but when I'm there I can look past that.

This past December I discovered the indoor counter service area for the Mexico section of EPCOT and thought it was great. There are a bunch of little things like that that keep me coming back. Plus, Star Wars and a bigger Toy Story area will be pretty cool (though, I am disappointed the back lot tour is completely gone, it had a lot of potential, just never really developed into what it could have been, but the movie set/show was fun to be a part of).

Jeff456

Yes it has certainly declined but I'd like to think that the current situation might be a low point, hopefully the closures are done and we will just gradually see all the new stuff begin to come online. I really hope Shanghai is a financial success that way it won't spook them into not wanting to invest money into WDW. I am not sure when my next trip will be not because I don't want to but because of different personal circumstances, I am sure I will be back within the next couple of years, by then it will likely be the longest I have ever gone without a trip and I will miss it massively!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom