IS THIS YOUR LAST TRIP?

HOW MANY ARE CONSIDERING YOUR NEXT TRIP TO BE YOUR LAST TRIP!?

• YES, This will be my last trip

• NO, I will continue to go and get sub-par quality

Results are only viewable after voting.

Disneymom64

I am somewhat new to these forums and now think I am somewhat not the normal fan. I am an AP holder. I go to WDW at least 8 times a year, stay on property at least two or three times a year and still feel I get value for my money. I agree some things need to be corrected and I see that happening. If you don't agree with what Disney is doing stay home. The park will be less crowded for me and my family.

DVC4bestvacations

Last trip forever not! Last trip for quite a while yes.
Here's why:
1- Disney hasn't brought any new attractions to the table in a number of years. The Fantasyland expansion is disappointing.
2- There is no longer a "quiet" time of year to visit.
3- As a DVC member I feel like a captive audience. Disney doesn't cater to us because they assume we will be back.
4- The Fastpass+ system although much better than the old method way too many fastpasses are issued on any given day
5- Years ago we would visit for 8-10 days now 3 days and we're done.
6- Disney's attention to detail has fallen off. Some areas of the theme parks are not well maintained.
7- I expect to pay a premium to vacation at WDW but I want a premium experience for my money, Lately they have fallen short.

Matt_Black

I am somewhat new to these forums and now think I am somewhat not the normal fan. I am an AP holder. I go to WDW at least 8 times a year, stay on property at least two or three times a year and still feel I get value for my money. I agree some things need to be corrected and I see that happening. If you don't agree with what Disney is doing stay home. The park will be less crowded for me and my family.

I know! We currently have a level of growth ongoing that hasn't been seen in the parks in a decade at least. Disney Springs, AvatarLand, ToyStory Land, Rivers of Light, Star Wars Land, two new restaurants in the parks, etc. And people STILL complain!

Goofyernmost

I chose not to vote because I don't think it is sub par quality. I've been there quite a few times and while things have changed, I don't feel like we're getting less. Yes, the New Fantasyland expansion was a little underwhelming at first, but now I can't imagine that area being any different. My only issue is with Future World in EPCOT, but when I'm there I can look past that.

This past December I discovered the indoor counter service area for the Mexico section of EPCOT and thought it was great. There are a bunch of little things like that that keep me coming back. Plus, Star Wars and a bigger Toy Story area will be pretty cool (though, I am disappointed the back lot tour is completely gone, it had a lot of potential, just never really developed into what it could have been, but the movie set/show was fun to be a part of).
I agree with most of what you are saying, but, it begs to know when you were there because the original backlot tour was pretty big when the park opened. If you first went there after the place stopped being a studio then you missed the time when it was really developed and complete. Not like Universal Hollywood, but, with it's brief history, it was pretty good. Once the movie/TV making function ended there really was nothing left to see.

blueboxdoctor

I agree with most of what you are saying, but, it begs to know when you were there because the original backlot tour was pretty big when the park opened. If you first went there after the place stopped being a studio then you missed the time when it was really developed and complete. Not like Universal Hollywood, but, with it's brief history, it was pretty good. Once the movie/TV making function ended there really was nothing left to see.

I was there when there when, if I'm not mistaken, there were working studios. The problem is, at least with the back lot tour, things started to go away, and it hit a point when nothing at all changed (this was a few years before it went away, if I saw that ball cage from Pirates of the ship from Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy one more time I would have just fallen asleep (though, the canyon set demo was still neat).

It is a shame the stunt show is going away, but it would have benefited from some variety, like multiple show types or something.

I also wish they still had the old ride in the aquarium in EPCOT (can never remember the name of it), not a big fan of the Nemo changes.

KikoKea

Our biggest concern is the increased crowds, but we always go in the off season so it isn't anything like holiday or summer crowd issues. We realize the parks need updating and new attractions, and are happy that this is being addressed, albeit slowly- too slowly. But, WDW is still our favorite place to go for a vacation and we always enjoy our visits. So, no...we will not stop going to the World.

Florida_is_hot

I hate the security, it does not make me feel safe it makes me feel not trusted. (Hardly a guest)
I hate the prices and crowds, I may go back some time but not for many year, there are too many other things to do.

FutureCEO

Even when the parks eventually start looking like this.....
Life-After-Disney-4.jpg

life_after_disney__epcot_veiw_by_eledoremassis02-d3j2wif.jpg

life-after-disney-12.jpg

I WILL Still Go!:D

Haunted Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom