36 characters
6 table service meals
5 nighttime shows, fireworks and parades
4 and a half days
3 girls
And 2 resorts
All add up to….

One magical Disney getaway!

Hey everyone! I may be home physically, but mentally I’m still in Disney World. We had a GREAT long weekend (or short week, as some people have called it) For those who have read my pre-trip report, you already know the scoop. For those who haven’t, here’s a little run down:

Who:
-Me: Darolyn (or most people call me D) age 28. Disney enthusiast to the max.

DSC07392 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

-Sister: Ashley, age 26. Loves Disney as well but not quite to the same obsessive level as I.

DSC06321 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

-Mama: Terryn, age 29... Again! I thank her for bringing me to WDW at the tender age of 11 months and getting me hooked. I also thank her for buying our timeshare in Kissimmee so we can enjoy a vacation with Mickey and friends every year J

DSC06942 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

We’re all Disney fanatics!! J

Here’s me and my sister (and friend) in 2006

8131_189995891071_674341071_4381286_4635389_n by Derelicte19, on Flickr

And here we are in 2007

n674341071_2766527_4062959 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

And at Busch Gardens in 2009 (Yes, sometimes we cheat on Disney… sorry!)

n674341071_2824009_4791285 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

Me and Mama on our 2010 trip

155212_10150099410841072_674341071_7868956_7013788_n by Derelicte19, on Flickr

And May of 2011

DSC07059 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

We visited Disney World together this past May and had a great time. We had originally scheduled our next WDW vacation to be fall of next year, for a week, in our timeshare at Vistana. Well, plans changed. None of us wanted to wait a year and a half so a couple schedule changes, a few number crunches and some reservations had us flying into Orlando on Thursday night November 10 and returning home Tuesday night November 15. Yup, a full year ahead of time. Since we wouldn’t be using the timeshare, we decided to stay on Disney property. Much easier doing that than renting a car and staying off-site (though in the long run, that might have ben cheaper!) We’d stayed at the All Stars a couple times but this time we decided we wanted to go big… deluxe resort big. So we booked a courtyard view room at the Wilderness Lodge for 4 nights and 1 night at the All Star Movies (since our flight wasn’t scheduled to arrive into Orlando til midnight, we couldn’t fathom the idea of spending the $300+ nightly rate when we were arriving so late.)

This trip was a trip of many firsts for us: Our first deluxe resort. Our first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. We added 3 new restaurants to our itinerary and also it would be my sisters first time visiting WDW during the holiday season (my mother and I both visited Thanksgiving week back in 2001 and again last November) Also, our first time experiencing the Magical Express and our first time NOT having a rental car and relying completely on Disney transportation.

Now, onto the good stuff…. Enjoy!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
WL, FW and GF? No, that doesn't make sense. It doesn't sound very efficient.

My hubby loves GMR, too. That's a must do for us, too.

And good to know - iced mocha! Thanks again. :slurp:

Cute pic with Minnie!

It wasn't very efficiant at all!!

Yes, any of the coffee carts sell the iced Mocha as well as Starring Rolls and we also got one at Epcot at Sunshine Seasons :)

Great pic of the WL, we were across the pool on other side overlooking the bus stop.

WL is GORGEOUS! I love that it's so close to everything yet seems so secluded at the same time :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
We headed down Sunset making a stop at Villains In Vogue and The Art of Disney on the way.

Here's 2 pics for you Holly! A mirror shot!
DSC07615-1.jpg

And I also saw this painting (not sure which store.. Probably the Art of Disney but I really don't think it was... Hmmm) and it made me think of the painting you got with Donald and Daisy!!
DSC07611-1.jpg

DSC07614-1.jpg

Ashley was looking for a Tigger print but they didn't have any that she liked so we went to RNRC to use our FP. It was turning out to be a gorgeous day and a LOT warmer than the day before (sunny, 80's and NO WIND!!!)

DSC07618-1.jpg

DSC07619-1.jpg

Waiting.....
DSC07622-1.jpg

DSC07624-1.jpg

DSC07625-1.jpg

The Golden Ticket... Or, the purple ticket, rather..
DSC07623-1.jpg

Three.... Two..... One...... Woooooooo!!!
DSC07634-1.jpg

Another excellent ride. We hopped over to ToT and then obtained FP for later. Mom never goes on these thrill rides but she always gets a FP that way if we end up getting 2 sets of FP for one ride each, Ashley and I can each use one of her FP and ride 3 times instead of twice (Make sense, right?)

bow0303

Had the Lapu Lapu in Aug and while it was good, I cant say that it tasted like juice. LOL I must be a lightweight. LOL. Ohana was great, a must do when we go back. We lucked up as we were brought dessert right about the time Wishes was starting. The lights in the restaraunt was lowered and the music turned up and it was great. One of the highlights of the trip. I have never been a fan of bread pudding, but it was delicious. Cant wait to go back and have some more. :)

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
As we headed up Sunset, I needed to stop and get a water. While we were waiting, we saw this woman in front of us. I took this for you John!!! Since you're weird and like taking pics of people and other strange things...
DSC07635-1.jpg

I'm wondering if she was Peter Pan's cousin or something... ? And how can you even think those shoes would be comfortable walking around all day in?!? Oi!!

DSC07636-1.jpg

We headed over to Pixar Place to use our FP for TSM. Even with a FP the wait was like 10 minutes or so. I could never imagine waiting an hour plus for that ride! But then again, when you have kids and DHS has such limited things for kids, you might not have an option there!

DSC07638-Copy-1.jpg

DSC07641-1.jpg

I dominated, as usual, over Ashley and Mom. Mom lost so therefor it was her turn to buy that days treats (I dont think she ever actually did!) We headed back down Sunset to use our FP for the Tower of Terror. When we got up to the lobby there were zero people in the stand-by line or the FP line so we held onto the FP and came back again after and used it. Love walk ons!!

DSC07642-1.jpg

DSC07643-1.jpg

We still had a little time to kill before our ADR so we decided to go check out the new Star Tours. Neither my sister or myself were a fan of the old Star Tours much but we figured we would at least give the new one a try. When we passed by the big hat, the HSM show was out (again)

Ohhh Betty White, we love you..
DSC07645-1.jpg

And we couldn't forget the man who started it all!!
DSC07646-1.jpg

When we got over to ST, the Jedi Training Academy was in full swing. The Stormtroopers were out and ever since Ashley had a run in with one of them while we waited in line for the old ST, she hates them. One crept right up behind her and scared the daylights out of her them kept poiniting to his eyes and to her saying "Im watching you". We decided to skip over ST because she wasn't feeling too hot so we went over to another favorite of ours... Muppet Vision 3D of course!

The required 3D glasses shot
DSC07647-1.jpg

The show was great... except for the people who stopped less than halfway down the row as the CM was saying "MOVE ALL THE WAY DOWN!!" Oh and the family behind that not only talked the whole first half of the shpw, but talked in VERY loud voices... "DO YOU HAVE THE OTHER BAG?!" .. "NO, MUST HAVE LEFT IT AT THE TABLE!!" .. "WANT ME TO GO BACK AND GET IT?" .. "NO WE CAN WAIT TIL AFTER!!" ... You get the idea. I shushed them like 3 times. Finally they put a lid on it.... Ugh.... That is my biggest pet peeve at Disney. That and people who take flash photos, but that's a given! lol

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Had the Lapu Lapu in Aug and while it was good, I cant say that it tasted like juice. LOL I must be a lightweight. LOL. Ohana was great, a must do when we go back. We lucked up as we were brought dessert right about the time Wishes was starting. The lights in the restaraunt was lowered and the music turned up and it was great. One of the highlights of the trip. I have never been a fan of bread pudding, but it was delicious. Cant wait to go back and have some more. :)

I thought the Lapu Lapu tasted just like fruit juice lol until you got to the end... then it was like straight alcohol. haha. We were there early so we didn't get to see Wishes but I've heard it's great watching it from 'Ohana.

I'd never had bread pudding before in my life until then. It was good, but nothing that I crave or anything... No, that would be the cupcakes at Starring Rolls. lol I coul go for one right now... Mmmmm..... :slurp:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
As we headed up Sunset, I needed to stop and get a water. While we were waiting, we saw this woman in front of us. I took this for you John!!! Since you're weird and like taking pics of people and other strange things...
DSC07635-1.jpg

Aint that Tom in his Elf costume!

harveyt0206

Great trip report. Your view at the Wilderness was lovely. It is my favorite resort. We loved Via Napoli too and you are so right about the cute Waiters. My mouth was on the floor during our entire meal. My husband thought it was hysterical. He understands that I simply have a weakness for tall, dark and handsome. :).

bow0303

I thought the Lapu Lapu tasted just like fruit juice lol until you got to the end... then it was like straight alcohol. haha. We were there early so we didn't get to see Wishes but I've heard it's great watching it from 'Ohana.

I'd never had bread pudding before in my life until then. It was good, but nothing that I crave or anything... No, that would be the cupcakes at Starring Rolls. lol I coul go for one right now... Mmmmm..... :slurp:

Yeah it got stronger the closer you got to the end. I haven't had any of the cupcakes at starring roles, but the brownie sandwich at Earl of Sandwich was reallly good.

Disneyfalcon

What?!? Your people mover crashed?!!! That is crazy!! Crazy I tell you!! I'm surprised they didn't make you fill out an accident report or something! :eek:

Aurora79

Hollywood Studios looks like fun :) I haven't spent much time there as an adult but am looking forward to it after reading your last leg.

Blackthidot's art work is too hilarious. :ROFLOL:

Look forward to reading more.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Hollywood Studios looks like fun :) I haven't spent much time there as an adult but am looking forward to it after reading your last leg.

Blackthidot's art work is too hilarious. :ROFLOL:

Look forward to reading more.

Hey all I did was enhance the color and sharpen the photo. I did NOTHING else to that picture! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom