36 characters
6 table service meals
5 nighttime shows, fireworks and parades
4 and a half days
3 girls
And 2 resorts
All add up to….

One magical Disney getaway!

Hey everyone! I may be home physically, but mentally I’m still in Disney World. We had a GREAT long weekend (or short week, as some people have called it) For those who have read my pre-trip report, you already know the scoop. For those who haven’t, here’s a little run down:

Who:
-Me: Darolyn (or most people call me D) age 28. Disney enthusiast to the max.

DSC07392 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

-Sister: Ashley, age 26. Loves Disney as well but not quite to the same obsessive level as I.

DSC06321 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

-Mama: Terryn, age 29... Again! I thank her for bringing me to WDW at the tender age of 11 months and getting me hooked. I also thank her for buying our timeshare in Kissimmee so we can enjoy a vacation with Mickey and friends every year J

DSC06942 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

We’re all Disney fanatics!! J

Here’s me and my sister (and friend) in 2006

8131_189995891071_674341071_4381286_4635389_n by Derelicte19, on Flickr

And here we are in 2007

n674341071_2766527_4062959 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

And at Busch Gardens in 2009 (Yes, sometimes we cheat on Disney… sorry!)

n674341071_2824009_4791285 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

Me and Mama on our 2010 trip

155212_10150099410841072_674341071_7868956_7013788_n by Derelicte19, on Flickr

And May of 2011

DSC07059 by Derelicte19, on Flickr

We visited Disney World together this past May and had a great time. We had originally scheduled our next WDW vacation to be fall of next year, for a week, in our timeshare at Vistana. Well, plans changed. None of us wanted to wait a year and a half so a couple schedule changes, a few number crunches and some reservations had us flying into Orlando on Thursday night November 10 and returning home Tuesday night November 15. Yup, a full year ahead of time. Since we wouldn’t be using the timeshare, we decided to stay on Disney property. Much easier doing that than renting a car and staying off-site (though in the long run, that might have ben cheaper!) We’d stayed at the All Stars a couple times but this time we decided we wanted to go big… deluxe resort big. So we booked a courtyard view room at the Wilderness Lodge for 4 nights and 1 night at the All Star Movies (since our flight wasn’t scheduled to arrive into Orlando til midnight, we couldn’t fathom the idea of spending the $300+ nightly rate when we were arriving so late.)

This trip was a trip of many firsts for us: Our first deluxe resort. Our first Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. We added 3 new restaurants to our itinerary and also it would be my sisters first time visiting WDW during the holiday season (my mother and I both visited Thanksgiving week back in 2001 and again last November) Also, our first time experiencing the Magical Express and our first time NOT having a rental car and relying completely on Disney transportation.

Now, onto the good stuff…. Enjoy!!

HouCuseChickie

Great TR!!! I'm finally caught up! Your pics of WL really had me thinking about our 2010 trip- especially your shot of the tree. It's really got me thinking about an upgrade for our Nov trip. Really loved seeing all of the holiday decor in your pics. :xmas: Your situation w/those girls during Illuminations and the kids on the shoulders is the kind of stuff that REALLY ticks me off. I mean seriously! :mad: Oh well- all in all it looks like you had a really great trip and you'll be heading back soon! Thanks for posting!!! :wave:

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Great TR!!! I'm finally caught up! Your pics of WL really had me thinking about our 2010 trip- especially your shot of the tree. It's really got me thinking about an upgrade for our Nov trip. Really loved seeing all of the holiday decor in your pics. :xmas: Your situation w/those girls during Illuminations and the kids on the shoulders is the kind of stuff that REALLY ticks me off. I mean seriously! :mad: Oh well- all in all it looks like you had a really great trip and you'll be heading back soon! Thanks for posting!!! :wave:

Thanks for reading! :wave: The WL is perfect for us because it's all in one building. As much as I love the theming of CBR or POR, I'd hate to have to walk at the end of the night if we didn't have a close room! As grand in scale as the WL is, it still feels very intimate. I like that. :)

PartOfYourWorld

It's over! :cry: But another one is right around the corner!!! Yay!!! :sohappy:

Have to agree with DME...wouldn't do it any other way. They are soo convenient!

ToT 10 miler registration tomorrow!!!! :) Can't wait!!!!!!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
It's over! :cry: But another one is right around the corner!!! Yay!!! :sohappy:

Have to agree with DME...wouldn't do it any other way. They are soo convenient!

ToT 10 miler registration tomorrow!!!! :) Can't wait!!!!!!

I know... it's very bittersweet. But by writing this TR, it's kind of like my vacation lasted 3 months.. in a weird way... haha. Not really. It's not the same as being there.

ToT = ahhhhh!! So excited!! I have another gym session today. I'm slowly getting better.. Still not past the 2nd week on the c25k though because I had to skip a bunch of days at the gym. I'll get there though. And then we can have a WDWMagic girls photo after we all finish the race!! :D

HouCuseChickie

Thanks for reading! :wave: The WL is perfect for us because it's all in one building. As much as I love the theming of CBR or POR, I'd hate to have to walk at the end of the night if we didn't have a close room! As grand in scale as the WL is, it still feels very intimate. I like that. :)

Glad you said that b/c I'm starting to wonder if we should upgrade from POR even if I don't get some kind of discount. We've already got room size concerns, but the walk is starting to worry me as well. Starting to feel soooo high maintenance! :lol: It definitely was very easy to get around when we were at WL. Glad you guys enjoyed WL!

enchanted_belle

ToT = ahhhhh!! So excited!! I have another gym session today. I'm slowly getting better.. Still not past the 2nd week on the c25k though because I had to skip a bunch of days at the gym. I'll get there though. And then we can have a WDWMagic girls photo after we all finish the race!! :D

We better! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom