Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

Communicore

Maybe the spot were BAH stood is now gonna be replaced by BAC - the cabana. Or better yet, the Chinese Theater will be given the Horizons treatment and they build a cabana in its place. Then the entire Fort Wilderness will be cabanas, too.

Communicore

or find our favorite seats (back rows, to the right) in CoP or HoP if we need a break.
That's what's next on the menu, personalized seating licenses for CoP or HoP where you sorta own the seat and you can return to it as often as you want. It is a guaranteed seat! All for $650.

Bocabear

Bocabear, that's what I was thinking. I can see a pay-by-the-day lounge doing very well. People fork over $99 for dessert and a spot to watch the fireworks, so a place for the day to chillax seems a better value.

DH and I wouldn't use it- we'd take a long QS meal, hop the TTA or train, or find our favorite seats (back rows, to the right) in CoP or HoP if we need a break, but for those who don't mind spending extra, a lounge might be well worth it.
Ithink though, knowing a dessert party is $99, the charge for day use would be higher.. I would pay a little more if it offered snacks and amenities and a concierge staff. That would be lovely.

BernardandBianca

Im with the CFR, we control EVERYTHING!!! hahaha

Resistance is futile: you will be assimilated.

I'm trying to rationalize this. ... Do the amenities of having front row seats for the parade and fireworks, along with maybe a place to rest tired children worth it? I can see it justified, I mean how much are people spending for a family for the fireworks dessert party?

Since you will not be watching the parade and fireworks from your cabana (they're too far away), you will need to be shoved into the same area as the other folks attending different dessert parties, unless WDW is going to set aside even more viewing areas for these folks.

JoeCamel

Ithink though, knowing a dessert party is $99, the charge for day use would be higher.. I would pay a little more if it offered snacks and amenities and a concierge staff. That would be lovely.

They did build one in Epcot, just costs a little more to get in. For $40,000 you can use the DVC lounge.

asianway

I want a name. I want to know where this ... this ... cesspool of excrement of an idea came from, so I can shame them here and humiliate them in the real world.

Anyone have that name, favors from me can be quite valuable ... just need some proof and Jingle Bell, I'll Jingle BAM them like they've never gotten it before. I like it rough!
Isn't the Tomorrowland shopkeeper Debbie hart? Yer old buddy Joan Martins old boss at Guest non-experience?

Blairnicol

This is super yuck to me. I wouldn't be adverse to a lounge that a poster listed above if it was well done, but these tents are lazy and a horrible example of show. I fully plan on complaining about them when I am there next because they are an eyesore.

The Empress Lilly

There remains the mystery though of the MK for years having had a tent, closed off to the general public, near pretty much the exact same spot of the current cabana tents....

73%2BGrand%2BPrix.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Actually instead of Cabanas, doing a large beautifully appointed Concierge lounge that had snacks and drinks and a place to sit and get out of the heat , for a fee is actually an interesting idea...better than cabanas and easier to staff... and could be a $100/per person add on for the day... Whic...you know, I might very well do if it is done well...

If only...

teddy-roosevelt-lounge-640x438.jpg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Bocabear, that's what I was thinking. I can see a pay-by-the-day lounge doing very well. People fork over $99 for dessert and a spot to watch the fireworks, so a place for the day to chillax seems a better value.

DH and I wouldn't use it- we'd take a long QS meal, hop the TTA or train, or find our favorite seats (back rows, to the right) in CoP or HoP if we need a break, but for those who don't mind spending extra, a lounge might be well worth it.

This would appeal to those of us who frequent Airport lounges like the Admirals Club... Just saying

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This will work and make money for them. It absolutely will. No one on this forum is the target audience. No one with time to post on an Internet forum considers their time so valuable that this price is trivial and meaningless. You may very well have millions in the bank and be rich but you still aren't who this is targeting. This tent version looks awful but the permanent structures with A/C and privacy will be different. $650 is a moderately expensive dinner to .01% of our population and that is the audience. They already don't want to be at WDW but their kids are badgering them to death so they come. They need to be on their phones and laptops all day and this allows them to do so. The can establish home base in these but still dip out for a few minutes every few hours to appease the family. These people makes tons of money, very quickly. These will eventually work in the same way the comped suites do in Vegas for the whales. We all get marketing materials now to come back. Their marketing material will include complimentary use of the in-park cabanas. The ability for Disney to change its offerings to a 'per spend' instead of 'per guest' will not stop. I yearn for the Disney experience of my childhood but the reality is here to stay.

Precisely HOW do you know that, I think you might be a bit surprised by the income levels of the more vocal and opinionated of some of the 'regulars' here.

rreading

I think that we can all agree that they look tacky, and they seem to be somewhat little in-your-face.

But I also see the theoretical benefit for those who can pay the price. It's interesting, and I can see my wife wanting to have one were we not DVC members who stay on property. Were she to be at the Four Seasons, she might like this to be able to relax and put her feet up during the day. If there's not a market, I'll be glad for them to be gone. I'm also glad that they're not going all-in on serious construction if there's not a market.

PhotoDave219

Cabanas?

Good concept - there's a market for them - and horrible execution.

I've seen them poolside in Vegas and Atlantis (Nassau). For these prices, I'm expecting something fancy. Nice furniture on the inside. Quiet. Private. With Bottle Service and food delivery. Hell, maybe even the possibility of a private massage.

Think Luxury. Then look at the tents. They're on to something here.... just sadly they have no idea how to execute it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom