Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

21stamps

If I was gonna spent this kind of extra money...or had it to spend...I would just go for a VIP tour guide....
I had a VIP tour scheduled for Black Friday..then I came to my senses and cancelled.lol. It's well over $3k for 7 hours.
$650 for offsite guests, people with small children but also older kids, and large groups doesn't seem outrageous. It did at first, but if you figure out the cost of a dessert party for a group of 5-8 then the cost for a cabana isn't too far off..especially when you add in beverages, snacks, and Mickey Ears, the lockers and designated meeting spot are good too for a group ranging in ages or interests.

Hopefully they will build permanent themed structures or at least add AC. That's the part that doesn't make sense to me. Not that I would use them either way...this isn't a "good buy" for my family of 2.

Communicore

There remains the mystery though of the MK for years having had a tent, closed off to the general public, near pretty much the exact same spot of the current cabana tents....

73%2BGrand%2BPrix.jpg
A nod to history! Gotta love how they planned this!

Brad Bishop

There is a way that this could work, in my mind:

Create a themed area like over by Pirates, tucked away to the side, and call it something like "Pirate's Cove". Make it so I'm paying $100/2hrs for a break and let me rest or drink beer/wine/rum in an AC'd cave. I'd pay extra for the drinks/snacks in that case. The point being: they'd be trying.

What they're currently doing is: We have a bunch of empty space in Tomorrowland... a land in which we don't really keep up to date or even have Tomorrowland-themed attractions.. How can we monetize that asphalt??? Cheap tents @ $650/day?

It's the same crap that they do at Epcot with: We could add something new (an attraction) or we could just have another festival!!! Let's do the festival and let Epcot languish because people will come anyway.

lentesta

Premium Member
I'm told that the cabanas sold out this past Wednesday, Thanksgiving Thursday, and today (Friday). So we should get used to seeing them.

squidward

I don't think they're meant to be hung out in all day.. more like a designated rest/meeting/storage spot with parade and wishes advantages. Especially if there are young children in the party.

That's a lot of money to spend for a designated meeting spot.

Why not just save a couple hundred bucks, stay at the Contemporary for the night and walk back to your room if leaving the park is that big of a hassle?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom