Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Did Walt smack the guy who suggested having a private club at Disneyland only available to the wealthy?

No, nor did he hate on people by having the only apartment in the park. Corporate lounges are a different beast than nickle and diming people and encouraging people to just buy their way through it all. Club33 you night have noticed stayed hidden and very private for decades... not expanded to club33 seating all around the park.

Luxe

No, nor did he hate on people by having the only apartment in the park. Corporate lounges are a different beast than nickle and diming people and encouraging people to just buy their way through it all. Club33 you night have noticed stayed hidden and very private for decades... not expanded to club33 seating all around the park.
At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Disney announced a Club33 Seating Service for Disneyland. For $300 a day you get to sit at special reserved seating in all of the Disneyland TS restaurants and a commemorative "Club33" sticker! :hilarious:

DisneyGentlemanV2.0

Just heard they will be putting a large number of these tents near The Land in EPCOT, and food will be prepared in each one on demand.

It will be called....

...The Kitchen Cabana Array

SamN'Dean

Knowing you can get lunch and dinner brought to you in quiet environment without having to stand in the lines at Cosmic Ray's and then then fight to find a table for 5 to eight people appears to be worth the price.

See that is the part I will NEVER understand. Hypothetically, let's say I have S.McDuck money, and I can afford $650 for a cabana. Okay, so then . . .
If I have that kind of money, WHY in the name of all that's good, would I EVER eat anything from Cosmic Ray's??!? That place is several steps down from McD's, plus someone is walking it over to you, so it's sure to be nice and COLD when it gets to you.
I can't even!

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Hmm a concerige room would be more cost effective at one of the monorail resorts.

But it just wouldn't be the same as going inside a Walmart tent on the hot pavement of tomorrowland being served by Mr Belvedere while the other peasants have to fetch their own magical bottle of water

Plus you get Mickey ears. I mean cmon...that's worth $500 of the cost there right?

Bocabear

Actually instead of Cabanas, doing a large beautifully appointed Concierge lounge that had snacks and drinks and a place to sit and get out of the heat , for a fee is actually an interesting idea...better than cabanas and easier to staff... and could be a $100/per person add on for the day... Whic...you know, I might very well do if it is done well...

rael ramone

See that is the part I will NEVER understand. Hypothetically, let's say I have S.McDuck money, and I can afford $650 for a cabana. Okay, so then . . .
If I have that kind of money, WHY in the name of all that's good, would I EVER eat anything from Cosmic Ray's??!? That place is several steps down from McD's, plus someone is walking it over to you, so it's sure to be nice and COLD when it gets to you.
I can't even!

What makes the Cosmic Ray Burger edible is the fixin bar.

Would the CM bring the burger over properly overloaded with grilled onions, mushrooms, jalapenos, and several packets of BBQ sauce?

disneyflush

This will work and make money for them. It absolutely will. No one on this forum is the target audience. No one with time to post on an Internet forum considers their time so valuable that this price is trivial and meaningless. You may very well have millions in the bank and be rich but you still aren't who this is targeting. This tent version looks awful but the permanent structures with A/C and privacy will be different. $650 is a moderately expensive dinner to .01% of our population and that is the audience. They already don't want to be at WDW but their kids are badgering them to death so they come. They need to be on their phones and laptops all day and this allows them to do so. The can establish home base in these but still dip out for a few minutes every few hours to appease the family. These people makes tons of money, very quickly. These will eventually work in the same way the comped suites do in Vegas for the whales. We all get marketing materials now to come back. Their marketing material will include complimentary use of the in-park cabanas. The ability for Disney to change its offerings to a 'per spend' instead of 'per guest' will not stop. I yearn for the Disney experience of my childhood but the reality is here to stay.

GrumpyFan

Actually instead of Cabanas, doing a large beautifully appointed Concierge lounge that had snacks and drinks and a place to sit and get out of the heat , for a fee is actually an interesting idea...better than cabanas and easier to staff... and could be a $100/per person add on for the day... Whic...you know, I might very well do if it is done well...

Brilliant, this is! Don't forget phone charging ports as well.
I could see something like this being a real plus!

jt04

If the cabanas prove popular I could also see them selling corporate sponsorships for employees of larger companies. There is a lot of unused real estate on top of the communicore buildings. Just saying.

Communicorp?

rob0519

This is a fallacy that the only metric of success is 'as much money ... as possible' and part of the problem of why the company (and country) is diving for the toilet when it comes to many topics. Profit is not the only metric that drives company value, sustainability, and purpose.

But people only look at the quarter these days... not how they got there.
I could have phrased this better. Since the 80s, when the Wall St. analysts really started with quarterly earning projections, profit has become the most important metric. I agree, the highest profit at any cost mentality is sending many aspects of the business world and the country into the toilet.

KikoKea

Bocabear, that's what I was thinking. I can see a pay-by-the-day lounge doing very well. People fork over $99 for dessert and a spot to watch the fireworks, so a place for the day to chillax seems a better value.

DH and I wouldn't use it- we'd take a long QS meal, hop the TTA or train, or find our favorite seats (back rows, to the right) in CoP or HoP if we need a break, but for those who don't mind spending extra, a lounge might be well worth it.

jt04

I could have phrased this better. Since the 80s, when the Wall St. analysts really started with quarterly earning projections, profit has become the most important metric. I agree, the highest profit at any cost mentality is sending many aspects of the business world and the country into the toilet.

Not companies that are agile. Profit will increasingly be met by meeting consumer demands. Disney is a company that has recognized this as evidenced by Pandora, Star Wars Land and other planned additions. Honk Kong DL is just the latest example.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom