Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

PhotoDave219

Actually instead of Cabanas, doing a large beautifully appointed Concierge lounge that had snacks and drinks and a place to sit and get out of the heat , for a fee is actually an interesting idea...better than cabanas and easier to staff... and could be a $100/per person add on for the day... Whic...you know, I might very well do if it is done well...

Thats also a fantastic idea. They could do both.

But once again, it comes down to execution.

TP2000

Hmnnnn...I'm a little divided here. How to Disney World fans feel about the ultra exclusive "Club 33" at Disneyland?

I don't mind the idea of exclusivity within the park. That's already been happening and I think that's fine.

But the tents don't fit the theming of Tomorrowland with isn't acceptable. And I don't like the placement of them in a common area. If they were set aside, secluded I think I'd be more okay with that.

I don't think anyone, even WDW fans who could care less about Disneyland, care about the exclusivity of Club 33. Because Club 33 is unseen in the upstairs confines of New Orleans Square and it is ultra-themed and period-appropriate and looks like this...
maxresdefault.jpg

Whereas the $700 per day Kardashian Cabana Compound is cheap and tacky and unthemed and plopped in the wide open next to Space Mountain and looks like this...
IMG_1042.jpg

Siren

I'm getting one in each park. This is no different than DVC except it's in the parks.

I would totally love to have a Cabana especially on New Years Eve, The Fourth of July and around Christmas.

Not to mention, the private viewing areas for the fireworks and parades. Totally worth it.

The cabanas are so ugly looking though. It looks worst than a tent city. This has to be test version or something.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'm getting one in each park.
Why visit WDW if you intend to sit in a cabana in each park?
I would totally love to have a Cabana especially on New Years Eve, The Fourth of July and around Christmas. Not to mention, the private viewing areas for the fireworks and parades. Totally worth it.
You can not just sit in the cabana all day and Im sure the other people who paid for the same tent you did will want to view the fireworks or parades. You will be just as (if not more) crowded than standing anywhere else. There are restaurants that ofer private viewing of the fireworks and you can actually have real food and there is a bar, and it is far far less than $700

Its worth it to you to pay $700 to share a tent with several other families for the day? It would be cheaper to just get a room at Contemporary for the day, or AKL if at AK, or BC if its an Epcot day.

drizgirl

I don't think anyone, even WDW fans who could care less about Disneyland, care about the exclusivity of Club 33. Because Club 33 is unseen in the upstairs confines of New Orleans Square and it is ultra-themed and period-appropriate and looks like this...
maxresdefault.jpg

Whereas the $700 per day Kardashian Cabana Compound is cheap and tacky and unthemed and plopped in the wide open next to Space Mountain and looks like this...
IMG_1042.jpg

Precisely.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Why visit WDW if you intend to sit in a cabana in each park?
You can not just sit in the cabana all day and Im sure the other people who paid for the same tent you did will want to view the fireworks or parades. You will be just as (if not more) crowded than standing anywhere else. There are restaurants that ofer private viewing of the fireworks and you can actually have real food and there is a bar, and it is far far less than $700

Its worth it to you to pay $700 to share a tent with several other families for the day? It would be cheaper to just get a room at Contemporary for the day, or AKL if at AK, or BC if its an Epcot day.

You can stay in the cabana as much as you want, the tent is yours all day, if you are sharing it with another family, it is by your choice.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You can stay in the cabana as much as you want, the tent is yours all day, if you are sharing it with another family, it is by your choice.
Apologies, I didnt mean to imply you couldnt. Your post said what I was trying to get across. But that brings up a good point. How would it work out if a family decided to actually stay in the tent for a majority of the day and each time another family tried to stop in and relax they were not able to enjoy it as much or there was a lack of seating or room to relax? The tents do not look large enough to accommodate several families (comfortably) at once.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Apologies, I didnt mean to imply you couldnt. Your post said what I was trying to get across. But that brings up a good point. How would it work out if a family decided to actually stay in the tent for a majority of the day and each time another family tried to stop in and relax they were not able to enjoy it as much or there was a lack of seating or room to relax? The tents do not look large enough to accommodate several families (comfortably) at once.

That's between you and your friends if you decide to use the full 8 person capacity.

lostpro9het

That's between you and your friends if you decide to use the full 8 person capacity.

I think you two are not on the same page. There seems to be some confusion as to if the cabana is actually yours all day or if you have to share it with other familes not in your party that has also paid for the shanty, what @wdisney9000 is implying. When the story broke there were reports that the leanto was exclusively yours for the day then other reports said that the hut was shard between different paying guests and not exclusively yours.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I think you two are not on the same page. There seems to be some confusion as to if the cabana is actually yours all day or if you have to share it with other familes not in your party that has also paid for the shanty, what @wdisney9000 is implying. When the story broke there were reports that the leanto was exclusively yours for the day then other reports said that the hut was shard between different paying guests and not exclusively yours.

Yes, and since it has been confirmed that the Walmart yurt it yours all day and is not shared.

biggy H

If you have paid for it its yours, you only share it only with those that are in your party.. You pay $650 (regardless of how many in your party up to the maximum of 8) and have only 2 of you then no one else gets to use it... Well that's my take on how it works.. You don't have 8 people not knowing each other all paying $650 each using it..

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Yes, and since it has been confirmed that the Walmart yurt it yours all day and is not shared.
Well that brings me back to a question I asked the other day. If there are 6 tents being rented out everyday at $700 per tent, the in the max profit would $4200 per day. Can TDO really not a find Another way to make an additional $4K at Magic Kingdom in a day? They could set up a small lemonade stand and sell ice cold lemonades for $2 and Probly make the same amount.

JoeCamel

Well that brings me back to a question I asked the other day. If there are 6 tents being rented out everyday at $700 per tent, the in the max profit would $4200 per day. Can TDO really not a find Another way to make an additional $4K at Magic Kingdom in a day? They could set up a small lemonade stand and sell ice cold lemonades for $2 and Probly make the same amount.

Lemonade in the MK is $3.59

Disneyhead'71

This is a test for a much larger project. Think somewhere up to 100 in MK and 105 DHS.

Bandini

I'm getting one in each park. This is no different than DVC except it's in the parks.

I would totally love to have a Cabana especially on New Years Eve, The Fourth of July and around Christmas.

Not to mention, the private viewing areas for the fireworks and parades. Totally worth it.

The cabanas are so ugly looking though. It looks worst than a tent city. This has to be test version or something.
Oh Boy! A nice airless tent on the 4th of July sounds like a lot of fun! Maybe I should reserve mine now!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom