Is the PoTC parrot gone for good ???

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Removing the parrot is like removing Figment (alright, not QUITE as big of a deal...but still) DRAT!!:fork:

T-1MILLION

Was just thinking and this came to mind.

"It seems we have lost a parrot, and gained a Sparrow"

Suprised I have not seen that here yet. :D

-Preston

Erika

T-1MILLION said:
Was just thinking and this came to mind.

"It seems we have lost a parrot, and gained a Sparrow"

Suprised I have not seen that here yet. :D

-Preston

D'OH!
eusa_doh.gif

celestia

Mecha Figment said:
there is a parrot sittin with the pirate who hangs his leg of the bridge . as you go under him. I never remebered it being there before.

The interesting thing about the parrot is he was just replaced right before the rehab. But alas, his perch has definately been removed as of last week.

The parrots inside have always been there. There was one on the bridge in the burning city singing portions of the parrot version of yo ho, similar to California's PoTC Barker Bird inside their queue. The version of him that was in the treasure scene at the end was removed prior to the first part of the rehab and did not return when it reopened for easter.

The parrot in the concept art is completely different. It resembles cotton's blue and gold macaw from the movie, not our beloved green parrot.

Piebald

One of my very good sources in imagineering has told me that the parrot from the entrance of POTC will in fact be replaced with Petey the parakeet who appeared in the film Dumb and Dumber.

Erika

Piebald said:
One of my very good sources in imagineering has told me that the parrot from the entrance of POTC will in fact be replaced with Petey the parakeet who appeared in the film Dumb and Dumber.

Pretty bird! Pretty bird!

THECARISMINE

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I love that Bird if he doesn't come back I say everyone of us on this site go and and tell Disney IN PERSON that We want him back and with his real voice and with no changes to him I really haven't been to happy since I saw some of the new changes going on in there. :cry: They're gonna hert him too. stop killin classics disney your getting the mouse mad and he outranks every one of you
:fork: :cry: :cry: :cry: :fork:
Well in ancase see yea soon WdW:wave:

disneydata

c133125 said:
Nope, the parrot has been mounted to a plaque and put into a high ranking managers office.
No, he hasn't. There were 3 original parrots in PotC and they are all still in the building.

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
I do have to wonder why the parrot wouldnt be making a return. Items like the parrot fall into the plussing category in my opinion. Why take it down?

bassman

Fievel said:
Someone mentioned he'll be inside the ride...i wonder if that's the parrot sitting next to Capt. Jack in the last scene in the concept artwork for WDW.

hey ,that would be cool, i loved that parrot and i love jack being put in the ride,put both together and i think that my head might explode with happiness.

oh and seems as though so many people have been posting lines from the monty python dead parrot sketch,heres my favorite parts

-"i have got a complaint to make about this parrot i bought"
" oh yes the norwegen blue,what wrong with it"
"il tell you whats wrong with it my boy,its..dead"

-"it is an ex-parrot,it has seised to be,if you hadn't nailed it to the perch it would be pushing up daisys,it is a dead parrot"
"no he's stunned"
"stunned?!"
"yeah you must of stunned him when you hit his head,norwegen blues are very easily stunned y'know"

:lol::lol:

sorry couldn't help myself.:D

erasure fan1

If pegleg pete doesn’t come back my daughter will be SO upset. Me too for that matter, I love that part of the entrance. If they kept the balloons in the land I think they need to keep our good friend pegleg Pete. Every year that we have taken my daughter to Disney she was 1, 2 and 3. She always has to see the parrot and take her picture with it. Now this year if he is no longer at the ride I know she will be upset.:zipit:

bassman

hang on, isnt mr cottons parrot from the POTC movie based on the parrot outside the attraction.he says alot of the same stuff as the one outside POTC
E.G.
"wind in your sails"
"dead men tell no tales"

if he is,maybe he will be inside the attraction itself as it sort of ties in with the movie and the ride.
just guessin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom