Is the PoTC parrot gone for good ???

yensidtlaw1969

Since I was little my family always had to stop and take a picture with him before Riding POTC. It was a sort of ritual thing. Me and my siblings thought he was the coolest thing. We would have stood there and watched him for hours if we could have, but our parents were better time managers than that:D . I'll miss our annual Picture, but I trust Imagineering and that if he's ;leaving it's for a good reason and, knowing that, I can let him go :) .

Yensid "Besides, we'll still get our picture . . ." tlaw1969

yensidtlaw1969

STR8FAN2005 said:
Just take the picture and photoshop him in when you get home.

:lookaroun
Eh, I'm not that good at Photoshop.

However, if anyone has any pictures of the Parrot, especially closeups, I would more than appreciate it if you could send them to me :D . Would a PM work?

Thanks!

Yensid " Yo Ho Yo Ho a Parrot's Life for Me!" tlaw1969

Captain Chaos

CaliSurfer182 said:
Details make or break an attraction. Without appropriate, authentic looking, immersive details you might as well be at the local carnival.

Yea cause authentic parrots wear pirate's hats and patches over their eyes... LOL....

If it goes, it goes... Bye bye...

KrazyKemp

While I admit that losing the parrot may be a blow to many Disney guests, I firmly believe that the changes inside the ride will overshadow the loss of our fine feathered friend.

We may have lost the parrot, but we gained a Sparrow!

PintoColvig

yensidtlaw1969 said:
I'll miss our annual Picture, but I trust Imagineering and that if he's ;leaving it's for a good reason and, knowing that, I can let him go :) .
Can you always trust Imagineering? Of course, they had a good reason to change JII, didn't they? :lookaroun

PintoColvig

KrazyKemp said:
While I admit that losing the parrot may be a blow to many Disney guests, I firmly believe that the changes inside the ride will overshadow the loss of our fine feathered friend.

We may have lost the parrot, but we gained a Sparrow!
Why not have both the parrot and the Sparrow? :lookaroun

But, if there is a good reason for his departure... Well, we'll see.

CoffeeJedi

It was probably changed to go along with the darker feel of the movies. They're trying to build anticipation and dread with the dark fort, the skeletons, the caves, and of course now, Davey Jones. With the original ride, it was a bit more light hearted, so a talking singing parrot fit well, (and provided a smooth transition from the Tiki Room)

PintoColvig

CoffeeJedi said:
It was probably changed to go along with the darker feel of the movies. They're trying to build anticipation and dread with the dark fort, the skeletons, the caves, and of course now, Davey Jones. With the original ride, it was a bit more light hearted, so a talking singing parrot fit well, (and provided a smooth transition from the Tiki Room)
So does a darker feel mean the demise of the more light hearted "Yo Ho Ho" song?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom