Is the PoTC parrot gone for good ???

T-1MILLION

Not at all. Not at all.
Although math has never been my strong point I know that...
It only takes one or two characters to be taken out to ruin some of the fun and charm for many people

wannab@dis

T-1MILLION said:
Not at all. Not at all.
Although math has never been my strong point I know that...
It only takes one or two characters to be taken out to ruin some of the fun and charm for many people
Many people? Interesting... I would think it would be more like a very small minority that is unable to accept change and see the big picture. :wave:

T-1MILLION

wannab@dis said:
Many people? Interesting... I would think it would be more like a very small minority that is unable to accept change and see the big picture. :wave:

Toad comes to mind. while that was a different situation it still destroyed a classic for many people. I will hold my final judgement until I actually ride it. I just think that if the parrot does not come back and nothing really huge goes in its place...then how is that plussing?

Nothing against change if it is for progress. I go with change even if I do not like it.

I just hope if the parrot does not come back. There is something better in its place besides a huge sign.

CaptainMichael

wannab@dis said:
It's the same people that call for Eisner's head, cry about cost cutting, and complain about not enough investment in the parks. Yet, when Disney decides to rehab and update an attraction, build innovative attractions, replace dead attractions, etc..They then complain about Pixar and proper theming...they can't be made happy.:hammer:

(Note: I'm referring to Nemo, Monster's Inc., and PotC in my post)

CaptainMichael

T-1MILLION said:
I just think that if the parrot does not come back and nothing really huge goes in its place...then how is that plussing?
I'm sure there is a reason for his departure. They wouldn't just scrap an AA for the heck of it.

AdLibSean

wannab@dis said:
Totally agree!

They're plussing a classic attraction and people complain about this. :hammer:

Its not that people are complaining about the additions, its little pieces of the park that they grew up with are being taken away faster and faster.... you have to admit in the grand scheme of things, the details are what make disney special. Just a thought. If he is indeed gone, I'll miss him. And its not a stupid thing to get all excited about...its part of WDW that's going away and is never coming back.

wdwishes2005

AdLibSean said:
Its not that people are complaining about the additions, its little pieces of the park that they grew up with are being taken away faster and faster.... you have to admit in the grand scheme of things, the details are what make disney special. Just a thought. If he is indeed gone, I'll miss him. And its not a stupid thing to get all excited about...its part of WDW that's going away and is never coming back.
:sohappy: My thoughts exactly.

wannab@dis

AdLibSean said:
Details should never overshadow the attraction. Some claim that the loss of this little detail (which many don't even realize is there) spells the end of the attraction as they know it. However, I (and probably many others) see the additions to the attraction far outweighing one small detail.

wdwishes2005

wannab@dis said:
Details should never overshadow the attraction. Some claim that the loss of this little detail (which many don't even realize is there) spells the end of the attraction as they know it. However, I (and probably many others) see the additions to the attraction far outweighing one small detail.
But at Disney, the attention to detail makes the ride. Just like the letters at ToT missing is bothering, the parrot is even more so. It'd be like taking the frog out of the SM line. It's a memory that the ride won't be the same without.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom