Is the Haunted Mansion actually haunted?

lilclerk

Waitwaitwait, is it true that a lot of people have died on the TTA, as someone said back in '02? If it's true, I had no clue. (lol rhymes)

sbkline

That has got to be the biggest thread bump/jump in WDWMagic History, Feb 19, 2002 al the way to June 28, 2007.:eek:

How is it that a thread from 2002 can last this long, anyways? Earlier this evening, I went all the way to the last page of the "news and rumors" forum and everything on the last page is from this month. And my trip report from April has already met its fate in the ol' thread grinder.

primetime52

Are there any haunted stories or theories about ToT? That's the only other WDW ride (aside from HM) that I can think of with a ghost theme.

Tom Morrow

I am scared of AA's... And of ghosts... :lol: So if the HM went 101 with me inside, I'd just close my eyes, and refuse to get up, so someone would have to carry me out of the ride! (yeah, I am that silly...):lol:

They would have all the lights turned on and the audio off... it wouldn't be that creepy... just weird.
Waitwaitwait, is it true that a lot of people have died on the TTA, as someone said back in '02? If it's true, I had no clue. (lol rhymes)
Over the years (whoah, I posted in this thread 5 years ago!!), I've learned to take anything you hear about deaths at theme parks with a grain of salt, unless there is actual proof that it happened.

9 times out of 10, its an urban legend, something that happened at a different park, or most commonly, someone making something up to sound cool or scare others.

Tom Morrow

Are there any haunted stories or theories about ToT? That's the only other WDW ride (aside from HM) that I can think of with a ghost theme.

A few ghost websites list it as being haunted... something about a figure seen after hours walking the "wrong way":
http://theshadowlands.net/places/florida.htm

Another says something about seeing things (spiderwebs) blowing in the lobby (uh, yeah, its called air conditioning and the fact that the doors are propped open!).

But, from working there, I can tell you that none of us have ever heard either of these or anything else. In fact, the building is so non-creepy to me that I would have no trouble spending the night in it!

disneydata

A few ghost websites list it as being haunted... something about a figure seen after hours walking the "wrong way":
http://theshadowlands.net/places/florida.htm

Another says something about seeing things (spiderwebs) blowing in the lobby (uh, yeah, its called air conditioning and the fact that the doors are propped open!).

But, from working there, I can tell you that none of us have ever heard either of these or anything else. In fact, the building is so non-creepy to me that I would have no trouble spending the night in it!
I would LOVE to spend the night there! Oh, the stories!

sbkline

You mean this one?
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=176967

(You have no idea how close I came to losing an arm trying to dig that out for you.) :mad: :lookaroun

Whoa, how did you get that? I just checked the trip report forum a few days ago, and there was only two pages of threads, and mine had apparently sunk into oblivion, because it wasn't there.

Thanks for finding it though...if it lasts until tonight, I'll be sure to copy and paste it onto my "myspace" blog or something, so I'll have it indefinitely. :wave:

aladdinjrstar

Account Suspended
Now this is funny: Its on a haunted places thing: Orlando - Disney World - There is known to be a tan figure walking down the streets in front of the castle.

hahaha! Now thats funny!!!!

Wilt Dasney

Whoa, how did you get that? I just checked the trip report forum a few days ago, and there was only two pages of threads, and mine had apparently sunk into oblivion, because it wasn't there.

Thanks for finding it though...if it lasts until tonight, I'll be sure to copy and paste it onto my "myspace" blog or something, so I'll have it indefinitely. :wave:

No prob.

There really is no thread grinder, basically. The only way something truly disappears around here is if a mod deletes it. Some things of a more vintage nature require a little search work, though. I just clicked on your username, did a search for all your posts, and there she was. :lol: :wave:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No prob.

There really is no thread grinder, basically. The only way something truly disappears around here is if a mod deletes it. Some things of a more vintage nature require a little search work, though. I just clicked on your username, did a search for all your posts, and there she was. :lol: :wave:

Or, click on user name > view public profile > then on "find all posts started by user"

sbkline said:

You can view more of them by going to the bottom of the page under Display Options. The default is show threads from last month, change it to last year or the beginning!

disneytati

They would have all the lights turned on and the audio off... it wouldn't be that creepy... just weird.

Yeah, maybe... but to me, that would depend on which part of the ride I was. If we were at the library, or the ball room, or the sceance room, it would be ok. But if we were at the graveyard, in front of the bride, or at that hallway full of doors, I'd freak out even with the lights on and no sound effects. :lol:

MaXXimus

Anyone see the movie 1408 and catch the mention of HM? It was within like the first 10 minutes and a guy askes Mike Enslin (played by John Cusack who goes around debunking so-called haunted places) if he wanted to see a real live ghost... where's his best bet? Cusack answers "100% gauranteed? Haunted Mansion... Orlando." :sohappy:

iheartdisney91

Actually, it was a small girl who left her doom buggy because she was scared and wanted to go into her mom's car behind her, but tripped, and got.. stuck.. under the track.

There are some HM CMs who claim to have seen real ghosts. I know it all sounds silly because it *is* the haunted mansion, but my mom, sister, and I have some sort of inherited phsycic sense(nothing major, just little signals) and certain parts of it feel a little unsettling, and not because of the animatronics.

For some reason, amusement/theme parks are breeding grounds for ghost stories and ghost sitings. For example, at Cedar Point, they say the merry go round in the front of the park will start by itself in the middle of the night, and at the far back section of the park, latenight workers have seen figures walking. OoooOoo freaky stuff!

um....??? no. i dont think thats the story, yes it maybe right but the most popular one i heard was the teenager wanting to touch leota and fell 25-16 feet. if i were a little kid i wouldnt wanna move or step foot out of my doombuggy thats more scary...

however my personal story..... we were in our doombuggy and we swear near the endless hallway we saw a maid type person. it could have been a cast member but idk it was spooky

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom