Is the Haunted Mansion actually haunted?

CrashNet

And that guy who got out during the seancé scene, he didn't actualy die. He was just severly injured. There are nets lining the drop off and he landed in one.
So there is a big opening between the cars and the crystal ball? I always wondered if that was a solid floor.

Chezman1399

The two ghost stories I've read and heard the most about Disney are. A man drowned in BayLake and now haunts the Magic Kingdom. Then there is the story of I believe his name was George. Story goes he was on the construction crew that built Pirates of the Caribbean. George died on site during construction. Now it is believed that Pirates CM's must say good morning George when the arrive and goodnight when they leave or George will cause the ride to go 101 (break down).

Also, if you ask how George is doing you may get a boat all to yourself. At least that happened when somone I knew asked that question.

I-4Warrior

One of the funniest things I ever read was on a Haunted Florida website that claims there is a ghost of a tanned man wandering around Main St. USA who appears to be looking for something. Duh. It's called a tourist looking for his kid and there's thousands of them on a given day! :ROFLOL:

mhead

I can only think of one person who has died near TSI. There was a group of college kids there and they had had a few too many drinks so they stayed behind on the island after dark. Well, after the effects the alchohol wore off, they decided it was getting boring on the island, so they decided to swim back to the mainland. One of the guys kid brothers didn't know how to swim and he drowned. As for the TTA, that is the leading cause of deaths in the park. Because there are no restraints and all of those dark tunnels, and if someone climbs out, they will get hit by a car. MANY people have died on the TTA. Luckily Disney has now installed pressure sensitive mats along the track. And that guy who got out during the seancé scene, he didn't actualy die. He was just severly injured. There are nets lining the drop off and he landed in one.

This happened at DL and had nothing to do with alcohol.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/deaths.htm

Space Mountain

Then there is the story of I believe his name was George. Story goes he was on the construction crew that built Pirates of the Caribbean. George died on site during construction. Now it is believed that Pirates CM's must say good morning George when the arrive and goodnight when they leave or George will cause the ride to go 101 (break down).

Funny thing is, its true........ :lookaroun

mdisney

Then there is the story of I believe his name was George. Story goes he was on the construction crew that built Pirates of the Caribbean. George died on site during construction. Now it is believed that Pirates CM's must say good morning George when the arrive and goodnight when they leave or George will cause the ride to go 101 (break down).

I just wonder what would happen if some said George is not real

Vernonpush

I just wonder what would happen if some said George is not real
I was one of the last guests to board the PoTC during an evening EMH. There was no one if front of me or behind me in the queue. I got to the loading platform, and asked the CM about George. She stated that George is there, I sat down in the boat, the boat moved forward, I shouted "Well, I don't believe in George! He's not real"...

Same old ride, nothing happened, but it was fun ( and kind of spooky) being the only person on the ride.

ThinkTink721

The Haunted Mansion is NOT haunted. Nothing registers there, however certain parts of Tom Sawyer island, Tomorrowland Transit and Pirates do register something on my senses.

Don't laugh, when my folks and I were looking for a house, my Mom and I were able to tell which houses had... uh interesting pasts before the realtor divulged the info.

I'd be willing to walk around the HM in the dark. I cannot say the same for Tom Sawyer island. Can anyone find out if any accidents happened there?

It would be interesting if my foolproof senses worked despite the overpowering sense of Disney...
I have those same "senses" when I walk into a house or certain place...even if I have no info. on the area.
:lookaroun

ThinkTink721

Tom Morrow, you proclaim to have that ability to "feel" things. For me I like to call it the shakey stillness. It's like that feeling of a perfectly still room- a pressure of sorts. It feels as if someone is rocking you slightly by the shoulders in a faint, barely perceptible way. It's almost always joined with a slight hollow noise in my ears, almost as if they're ringing, but they're not.

How is your sense of the unknown portrayed to you?

This is passed down from my mom's side of the family. According to my mom, it's very rare for males like me to get the power. Women are more finely tuned to such things supposedly.

I can enter graveyards and what0-not without getting strange. However certain churches can really get me to freak out. It was so bad at my wife's church that we had to get married at a nice hotel instead!

Anyone else have this happen in the Parks or elsewhere?
For me, I get a very heavy, uneasy feeling...then, I know that something is up! I have never actually seen anything (don't want to), but I have definitely sensed things. It's hard to explain if you have never experienced it.:eek:

ThinkTink721

What I know is that HM's CMs are very wise and unique, and they started spreading millions of rumors to millions of people and the stories keep coming and going like urban legends. Haunted Mansion is not a creepy ride for most people, but a funny way to meet the topic, but if someone is told that there are real ghosts stories because "X" reason, they will certainly be more afraid.
-->LUAU
Yeah, I don't think it's really meant to be "scary" in that sense of the word.
Like you said, it's supposed to be more on the funny side.
My 4 year old rode it last summer & was not scared at all.
:wave:

Tomcat47

Too bad Disney doesn't own the Scifi network. They could get Jason and Grant from TAPS to do an investigation of Disney for GhostHunters.

disneydata

Trust me, you can't know if these rides are haunted until you've spent a good amount of time in them.

Haunted Mansion is really haunted. We've had strange things happen too many times to be a coincidence and the stories from the cast go on and on. I hope the ghosts like this latest refurbishment (see below).

Pirates of the Caribbean is haunted as well, actually by two ghosts. Yes, the cast says good morning and good night to George (and Linda, who is NOT the other ghost). No, you can't make the ride break down by saying George is not real. If George doesn't know you, he won't play with you. I have many stories as do others of the fun times George has. Our favorite is that he hated the last refurbishment and caused major problems for the project team. Lots more stories there.

AEfx

Also, if you ask how George is doing you may get a boat all to yourself. At least that happened when somone I knew asked that question.

LOL. That would be hilarious.

I have ridden PotC all alone in a boat before...during a MNSSHP, no one in at least the three boats ahead or behind me (I saw no other living being during the whole ride).

The only part I didn't like was the pitch black drop...I closed my eyes and did everything I could to think happy thoughts LOL.

It remains one of my most treasured theme park memories, but I don't think I'd do it again. The thought of the whole affair creeps me out even now as I talk about it LOL.

AEfx

CrashNet

Seeing this thread resurected is kind of spooky....
Oh WOW. I didn't even notice how old this thread was! 2002! :eek:

I'm curious why they ever even had what sounds like a deep hole around the crystal ball. I'm sure it would ruin it, but I wonder what the whole ride looks like with the work lights on...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom