Is the Haunted Mansion actually haunted?

Beauty_Belle

I have many stories as do others of the fun times George has. Our favorite is that he hated the last refurbishment and caused major problems for the project team. Lots more stories there.

Do tell the stories!!!! I love a good ghost story! I also know to not make ghosts mad. If someone has passed away in HM, does it mean the ride has met its quota in ghosts?

On a side note, I have a few clients who have lost loved ones and the sprinkle a little of that person on their favorite ride or area. It's really touching the stories they tell me.

kybred72

On a side note, I have a few clients who have lost loved ones and the sprinkle a little of that person on their favorite ride or area. It's really touching the stories they tell me.

I've always joked around w/ my hubby and said, when I die, cremate me and dump my ashes somewhere in the MK! :lol:

Eyorefan

For years my mom has told me a story about a fire in the HM in DL that killed a lot people. Is that true or just an urban ledgend?

Lee

Adventurer
For years my mom has told me a story about a fire in the HM in DL that killed a lot people. Is that true or just an urban ledgend?
Totally false.
Never heard that one. Complete urban legend, and one that must be fairly rare.:shrug:

EpcotServo

From one who believes in ghosties, you do have to remember that old showbuildings are just naturally creepy places. I'd tally most ghost sightings up to that, naturally creepy show effects, and old elctronics. High EMFs might be the reason why it's so creepy. This would also explain those feelings from other places like the TTA. Magic Kingdom is most likey full of very high EMF readings. (It would explain why you don't hear of ghosts in the newer parks as well.)

disneydata

Do tell^!

Here's a good one ...

I was in the control tower at Pirates during a particularly long downtime. Management was getting antsy and wanted the ride back up, so two of them went to the bottom of the downramp to help in powering up the ride (part of the process requires a CM to go there). One of these managers knows George (the resident spirit) doesn't like her since almost every time she covers Pirates, something happens.

So they are alone at the bottom of the downramp waiting for us to tell them what to do when they decided to call us. The told us they were hearing someone yelling and screaming over the PA system and wanted us to stop. None of us were near the PA controls and the control tower is the only way to spiel to the location they were in.

There you go.

happymom52003

Here's a good one ...

I was in the control tower at Pirates during a particularly long downtime. Management was getting antsy and wanted the ride back up, so two of them went to the bottom of the downramp to help in powering up the ride (part of the process requires a CM to go there). One of these managers knows George (the resident spirit) doesn't like her since almost every time she covers Pirates, something happens.

So they are alone at the bottom of the downramp waiting for us to tell them what to do when they decided to call us. The told us they were hearing someone yelling and screaming over the PA system and wanted us to stop. None of us were near the PA controls and the control tower is the only way to spiel to the location they were in.

There you go.

More! More! I love this thread....:lookaroun

Baums101

So when it was late at night on pirates and there was only a group behind us I asked a cm if she knew how George was doing( just for fun). I didn't expect her to say anything and she didnt. So our boat came and I went on and the cm had told the family behind us, who could get on, to wait. So it was just me on the boat and no one else. I wondered why she did that. Half way through I felt really cold and remember how cold it was that I could see my breath. After the ride I knew I had rode with george.

happymom52003

So when it was late at night on pirates and there was only a group behind us I asked a cm if she knew how George was doing( just for fun). I didn't expect her to say anything and she didnt. So our boat came and I went on and the cm had told the family behind us, who could get on, to wait. So it was just me on the boat and no one else. I wondered why she did that. Half way through I felt really cold and remember how cold it was that I could see my breath. After the ride I knew I had rode with george.

Are you serious? I am getting chills! Keep the ghost stories coming!!

the-reason14

LOL. That would be hilarious.

I have ridden PotC all alone in a boat before...during a MNSSHP, no one in at least the three boats ahead or behind me (I saw no other living being during the whole ride).

The only part I didn't like was the pitch black drop...I closed my eyes and did everything I could to think happy thoughts LOL.

It remains one of my most treasured theme park memories, but I don't think I'd do it again. The thought of the whole affair creeps me out even now as I talk about it LOL.

AEfx

OMG, brave soul you are. I know I couldnt do that. Me my two little cousins and brother rode POTC one night back in July of 05, and we were the only ones that we could see except I think this other group that was either in front of us or behind us. Well my youngest little cousin had screamed at one part and said she thought she had seen a man running around somewhere. And I just kinda shook it off like whatever, and then my other cousin about 50 seconds later said the same thing, then I started to get a little scared. So me and my brother and my cousins all squeezed real close together and held each other. Although I aint see nothin, it was some spooky stuff. I still think it was their minds playing tricks on them, but I immediately thought about George.

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I can only think of one person who has died near TSI. There was a group of college kids there and they had had a few too many drinks so they stayed behind on the island after dark. Well, after the effects the alchohol wore off, they decided it was getting boring on the island, so they decided to swim back to the mainland. One of the guys kid brothers didn't know how to swim and he drowned.

I love this one since the Rivers of America are like two feet deep in MK. :ROFLOL:

palmage

I was talking with Momma Cass and Elvis the other day, and they said no way is the HM haunted...............

"IASW is the work of the devil" they said.

disneytati

OMG, brave soul you are. I know I couldnt do that. Me my two little cousins and brother rode POTC one night back in July of 05, and we were the only ones that we could see except I think this other group that was either in front of us or behind us.

I would never have the guts to do that!!! If I ride PotC, and it's empty, I wait until a group comes in, and follow them in line! One of my worst fears at WDW is that the ride may go 101, and we have to walk out of the attraction. I would freak out!!!! Imagine if the HM goes 101!!

JML42691

I heard a story about a grandmother who went on her first disney trip with her family. Then her grandchildren asked if their parents and their grandmother would take them to pirates of the carribean. They waited in line and finally got on the ride. The kids were all happy and laughing on the ride (so were the parents) but the grandmother started acting uneasy. She became kind of scared and during the middle of the ride she had a heart attack and when they got off the ride, she was dead. Talk about sad!
That has got to be the biggest thread bump/jump in WDWMagic History, Feb 19, 2002 al the way to June 28, 2007.:eek:

YankeeMouse

Several years ago, maybe 7 to 10 years ? ago, we were walking past Small World and were told by witnesses that a little girl was crushed under the boats at the point where all the Goodbye signs are in different languages. The boats stop there before moving forward up the incline, and she thought the ride was finished and started to get out of the boat. She did not speak English. Later in our stay, we heard she was in critical condition, but I never heard if she had died. There was a man with a video arguing with Disney security, who it seemed wanted the video from him, and he would not give it up. I always wondered what the outcome was, and almost always think of this whenever I walk by that spot between Small World and Peter Pan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom