Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Goofyernmost

Maybe you're not understanding me. It has not changed.... for me (and many others). Just because it has switched over on your phone (as well as others) it does not mean that it is the new icon for the park. Many others still report seeing the Earful Tower on their app.
It does give that appearance being linked with the rest of the apps., however, it means nothing. They just picked the attraction that would currently be the most recognizable for DHS. Many people didn't even know the Water Tower existed... it's to avoid more confusion. It's not making a statement. There was a time when all of us would have known it was DHS with just the Earful Tower until that evil blue hat came along and ruined it.

yedliW

Its going to be interesting to see how they re-shuffle the MM Photogs down Hollywood Blvd now that the hat is gone. As poorly placed as the hat was, it made for a pretty good backdrop for photo-ops.. and as cool as the new view will be, it won't translate as well on film (or on SD card.. ;) )..

Figments Friend

Wonderful to see this day come...and see the first images of the Hat-less Hollywood Blvd.
A step in the right direction.
A small step...as there is still a LOT of work that needs to be done at this Park, but a step indeed that is appreciated and a long overdue one.

Let the restoration and refreshening of the Chinese Theatre ( both inside and out ) commence in earnest!
She is BACK from behind the Hat-shaped eyesore and needs to be ready to take it*s proper place of unrivaled architectural glory once again.

Bring it on.

I have waited a long time for this day.
Today...the wait is over.

Now, a new era begins.
One that will hopefully rise from the ashes of misdirection over the years and instead be steered onto a course of self-identity once more.
The Park needs it*s own identity again...not just a generic catch-all IP Park where things are just tossed together.

Bring it on.

Figments Friend

( Regarding the spotlights associated with the Chinese Theater )

I guess it depends on how sheltered they have been. At the very least, the wiring would have to be checked very carefully. There is a lot of electricity goes shooting through those lines. The whole place could go up in flames if the rats or other vermin have been gnawing at the cables.

Nah....
That loveable Mouse who lives locally knows he should not be using cables for late night snacks.

;)

YodaMan

Photo I took tonight. So beautiful that it hurts.
11021236_10204806754143185_3156899072316529466_n.jpg

Rescue Ranger

WOW!!!
I feel like I am going back in time to something wonderful :joyfull:

Look how beautiful it looks. It's about damn time! I really really hope, no matter what they do to the future of this park, they at least keep this strip leading to the Theater the same Hollywood theme and keep the Citizens of Hollywood. It would be horrible if after all this time we finally ditched the hat and they bulldoze the area :eek:

Figments Friend

You gotta love the fact that Leave a Legacy is listed under "attractions" on the website.

( laughs )

Pfft...

The restrooms at the Imagination Pavilion are more an *Attraction* then those *Leave A Legacy* monoliths.
At least in there, you get to hear the fantastic original music loop of the Pavilion from back in the day.
Surreal, and nostalgic.

Come to think of it, hearing that music in the restrooms is even more an *Attraction* then the current *Imagination Attraction* located in the actual Pavilion!

Actually...now that i think more about it, the *Leave A Legacy* monoliths are actually more entertaining then riding the current * Imagination Attraction*.

Yeah.
Polished stone monoliths are more entertaining.

There is something seriously wrong with that.

Last edited:

omurice

2015 The Year in Review (in my nightmare)
"And then just days later they started building a massive stage with a wide backdrop and video screens 300 feet wide and 100 feet tall that almost completely and inexplicably obstructed the newly restored view of the Chinese theater. Flanked by 120' statues - Chewbacca shaking a fist on the left and Olaf hugging himself on the right." :banghead:

BrerJon

WOW!!!
I feel like I am going back in time to something wonderful :joyfull:

Look how beautiful it looks. It's about **** time! I really really hope, no matter what they do to the future of this park, they at least keep this strip leading to the Theater the same Hollywood theme and keep the Citizens of Hollywood. It would be horrible if after all this time we finally ditched the hat and they bulldoze the area :eek:

What a great photo. I keep expecting to see Michael Eisner pop up and tell us about all the great movies currently being filmed in the park.

BrerJon

( laughs )

Polished stone monoliths are more entertaining.

There is something seriously wrong with that.

I was looking at WDWMagic's old construction photos of the monoliths today and was pleased to see that they're just a few bits of metal with fake stone stuck on top, not the heavy tombs they appear to be, so they should be very light and easy to move when they finally decide to ditch them (hint hint TDO).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom