Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

BrerJon

If I'm not mistaken, the theatre isn't built with forced perspective. It's the same dimensions as the original. No?

Oh I think you're right. In that case it must be on the buidings along Hollywood Boulevard. I know they did some tricks anyway to make the theatre seem further away than it is so the land feels more spacious, but then imposing and impressive when you get up close to it.

Ok clearly I missed something, what is this about ducktales?
New series coming to Disney XD in 2017, announced today.

lazyboy97o

Oh I think you're right. In that case it must be on the buidings along Hollywood Boulevard. I know they did some tricks anyway to make the theatre seem further away than it is so the land feels more spacious, but then imposing and impressive when you get up close to it.
It's said a lot, but Disney has never really employed horizontal forced perspectives.

articos

Photo I took tonight. So beautiful that it hurts.
11021236_10204806754143185_3156899072316529466_n.jpg

I'll preface by saying I don't know the fate of the spotlights yet, but there is some lighting work to be done on the front of the building, as you can see here. And this, ladies and gentlemen, is how this park is supposed to look. Finally.

G00fyDad

It does give that appearance being linked with the rest of the apps., however, it means nothing. They just picked the attraction that would currently be the most recognizable for DHS. Many people didn't even know the Water Tower existed... it's to avoid more confusion. It's not making a statement. There was a time when all of us would have known it was DHS with just the Earful Tower until that evil blue hat came along and ruined it.

I agree. My comment was more to the other poster that "confirmed" that the new icon had to be the ToT because it was on his phone app.

SRQtech

OTPN just posted an update with some interesting angles. Apparently the bottom portion of the ears are still in place, likely to be removed tonight. Additionally, the searchlights are still on the theatre and are shown in some pictures they took.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2015/02/sorcerer-mickeys-hat-demolition-update.html

The lights on the back of the building that are black are searchlights, the white ones in the front are lights that used to illuminate the BAH. More hat lights can be seen on the speaker tower that is to the right of the theatre by Pixar.

Brian

The lights on the back of the building that are black are searchlights, the white ones in the front are lights that used to illuminate the BAH. More hat lights can be seen on the speaker tower that is to the right of the theatre by Pixar.

Yeah. I'm glad they're still around, but they look quite old. Maybe an upgrade is in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom