Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

BrerJon

Looking at those pictures it really shows how the perfect forced perspective of the theatre makes it seem much further away than it is, giving a real sense of depth to Hollywood Boulevard.

I'm sure many guests who haven't been for a while will come back and think Disney has expanded the street, knocking things backwards, as, without the hat destroying the perspective, the place looks so much more spacious and open.

erwinalber4

Aside from the permit filed awhile back for the spires, is there any other word on exterior refurbishments for the theater? And if so, is there an approximate timeline yet?
Forgive me if it's already been posted, I'm really doing my best to keep up with this thread, hub redevelopment, spirited, ect... ;)

articos

You mean they're on stage and/or being readied for restoration?

Hat gone from sight, DuckTales coming back, and now proof the spires are coming back... boy has it been a good day.
Meaning they're coming soon. I don't have a timeline on the Theatre work, unfortunately, but I know they won't want to leave the Theatre roof looking the way it does. And yes, a good day for sure. :)

Sage of Time

I have never seen it without the hat in person so next time I go will be the first time :D

Me either! Can't wait to take a picture in front of the theater!
Posts like these make me so happy.

I haven't seen this view since 1997... this feels awesome. :)

Just been informed the searchlights are indeed still in place.

Just switched off.

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. HEY TDO, FLICK THAT SWITCH!!!!

And even if they're broken, how hard could it be to get new ones up there? Local car dealerships and silly events have portable spotlights installed all the time!

WelshBatman

Forgive me if it's been mentioned but all this talk about the searchlights has got me thinking.

I moved down here in 2007 and I recall seeing the searchlights from my house for a while after that. I wanna say that I saw them regularly until about 2009. Does anyone know when they were turned off? I haven't seen them since the villains night back in 2013 and I was curious because why would they shut them off (beyond cost cutting measures) if they were working and operating while the hat was there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom