Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

Admiral01

Premium Member
Maybe they will use the tip of the BAH as a "version" of the BAH in the new rumored "Honey I Blew Up The Kid" playground at the newly re-developed DHS.

Just when you thought you were seeing the end of the "Honey I INSERT PLOT TWIST" series of movies - BAM!!! Redeveloped playground where instead of being shrunk to the size of a bug, you are actually blown up to the size of a giant and wander around shrunken versions of old Disney icons. What's that over there? Its the BAH mini version! How about over there? The old Sunshine Plaza and Golden Gate bridge from DCA! How about this here? A mini-version of the Birthday Cake Castle!!!

It'll be an instant hit.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
You know one thing I'm wondering....I wonder what that family is doing now with their sorcerer hat from that TLC Show My Yard Goes Disney....
my-yard-goes-disney.jpg

I'm pretty sure the family tried to sell the house shortly after the Disney stuff happened actually!

Phil12

Father Robinson

But why? I keep asking this question, and I'm not getting any real answers... What is there to love about it?
Because there are no real answers. Ask a child why they love the hat. They'll probably say it's because they just do. Ask someone who loved it because that was the only way they knew the park. It all depends on people's thoughts surrounding it. Maybe someone proposed to their wife in front of it, maybe someone had a special moment watching their child's eyes widen when they saw it. There's no hard and fast answers my friend, it's just how people feel. That's why I thought it would be nice to give those people something, that's all. I never said put it where the BAH was, I just simply thought since the tip was still there maybe they were keeping it on the property for some reason. I know so many people hated the hat that's fine, but how can anyone question why others loved it? That makes zero sense to me. To each their own.

Last edited:

Bing Bong

Because there are no real answers. Ask a child why they love the hat. They'll probably say it's because they just do. Ask someone who loved it because that was the only way they knew the park. It all depends on people's thoughts surrounding it. Maybe someone proposed to their wife in front of it, maybe someone had a special moment watching their child's eyes widen when they saw it. There's no hard and fast answers my friend, it's just how people feel. That's why I thought it would be nice to give those people something, that's all. I never said put it where the BAH was, I just simply thought since the tip was still there maybe they were keeping it on the property for some reason. I know so many people hated the hat that's fine, but how can anyone question why others loved it? That makes zero sense to me. To each their own.
Because it's a hat. If you ask me why I like or love the other icons/rides/places, I can tell you why in a heart beat. But with this giant fiberglass object not a single person can give me a reason as to why they like or love it. I mean it's cute that you have an attachment to it but usually when I talk to someone on why they love or like something they van give a reason other than, "Because it's there".

JenniferS

When you're the leader, you don't have to follow.
Premium Member
Because it's a hat. If you ask me why I like or love the other icons/rides/places, I can tell you why in a heart beat. But with this giant fiberglass object not a single person can give me a reason as to why they like or love it. I mean it's cute that you have an attachment to it but usually when I talk to someone on why they love or like something they van give a reason other than, "Because it's there".
Wow - way to respect someone else's opinion there.

I hate the hat, and check in here multiple times a day, but I can appreciate that not everyone else feels that way. And just for the record, dozens of people here can, and have, been able to give a reason why they like it.

You and I, and dozens of others are rejoicing in the BAH's demise. Please respect that not everyone feels the same.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

I hate the hat, and check in here multiple times a day, but I can appreciate that not everyone else feels that way. And just for the record, dozens of people here can, and have, been able to give a reason why they like it.

You and I, and dozens of others are rejoicing in the BAH's demise. Please respect that not everyone feels the same.

Wonderful post and 800 times more mature than what I was going to reply.

Bing Bong

It just seems silly to me, that's all. I mean if it had some great message behind it, or a great attraction inside... something... but it's a hat, a hat that has been recreated in a lot of architecture (arguably in better ways) elsewhere. All I asked for was a reason, like is there some kind of hidden meaning I'm not getting that some others do? I really don't get it, and I'm not going to apologize for that.

spacemt354

Chili's
It just seems silly to me, that's all. I mean if it had some great message behind it, or a great attraction inside... something... but it's a hat, a hat that has been recreated in a lot of architecture (arguably in better ways) elsewhere. All I asked for was a reason, like is there some kind of hidden meaning I'm not getting that some others do? I really don't get it, and I'm not going to apologize for that.
Many times nostalgia and personalized experience plays a large role in whether or not something is meaningful.

For instance, as stated before, someone could have proposed in front of the hat, maybe something special happened in front of the hat, maybe people just like how the hat looked at night.

There are a plethora of reasons for finding interest in an otherwise uninteresting thing. Sometimes the most ordinary things can be extraordinary to some people if it is symbolic of something significant in their lives.

If the hat was up for a year, like it was supposed to, then that gives less time for nostalgia. However, this hat has been up for over a decade, and for some, is all that they know DHS by. While I want the hat to go, I can empathize with others who are sad to see it go.

Cesar R M

its not just "a hat". Its what it represents.
It represented the sorcerer's mickey a Classic cartoon.

for me, I loved that darn hat.
I just agree that it was not build in the correct area.
For me..It should have been placed outside in the entrance on the park, on the fantastmic area or in the animation courtyard area.

note2001

You posed a ridiculous question, expect to get many ridiculous answers. Or maybe that's what you're going for here.

Technically, it's not even a hat. It's a large structure designed for a celebration that folks just happen to have enjoyed seeing. Do you have a favorite view from anywhere? (for me it would be a certain shot looking down the beach) Why is it your favorite? Is there a ride in the field of that view? Is there a message in that view? Most likely not. It just *is* a favorite, so why not leave it at that?

Sam Magic

its not just "a hat". Its what it represents.
It represented the sorcerer's mickey a Classic cartoon.

for me, I loved that darn hat.
I just agree that it was not build in the correct area.
For me..It should have been placed outside in the entrance on the park, on the fantastmic area or in the animation courtyard area.
The hat represented a cheesy one year event that only happened so Disney could have something to pull more guests in. It stayed too long and it's time for it to go.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom