Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

roj2323

I think this back and forth has gone on quite long enough. The facts are, the hat is coming down, it's not being saved, and the Chinese theater will be taking its former place at the head of the street. You may not like it but WE have little say in the matter. If you want to complain that the theater is dirty and needs a paint job TELL DISNEY. Go to guest relations or contact them via phone or email.

Cmdr_Crimson

The Chinese Theater is rather tiny as you view it down Hollywood Blvd. because it doesn't have as much center mass as any of the castles. Plus, it's rather plain because it's built to resemble a Chinese pagoda. Conversely the architecture of Sleeping Beauty Castle has all manner of ornate embellishments such as conical spires, open gorge towers, circular turrets, wooden galleries, round arched germinate windows and other such fortress features. A castle by its very definition is a large and imposing fortress. A pagoda by definition can be most any size from small to large.

But, you have to remember it was a big thing in the 30's & 40's to get a film premier at The Chinese Theater and that's why it was represented of the "Hollywood That never was but always will be"
6.jpg

Goofyernmost

I see they still haven't gotten rid of the tip of the hat yet. I actually hope they salvage it and make something nice with it as part of a tribute to those who actually liked the hat. It would be great if you could actually touch it. Just sayin, there are tons of people who only know the park with the hat, so it would be nice to give those folks something they can hold on to.
I believe that someone reported that all of the "remains" of the BAH are still behind the fenced in area. If that is true, and I have no reason to not believe it, the only reason why the "tip" is still there is because everything else is still there as well. You just can't see the rest of it. So, if true, the fact that it is still there means absolutely nothing. Sorry.

It was very impressive. I was lucky enough to be there. They had "Wanted" posters posted on Main Street for Stitch. It was fun!
See, that is where you have gone terribly wrong. WDW is a shrine. Almost a religious experience. What kind of weird thought is it to think that someone might want to go there to have fun. It really makes it difficult to genuflect if you can see the whimsy in something. Tighten up for heavens sake!:joyfull:

G00fyDad

I have enjoyed all of the castle modifications including the castle cake. But I say that from the perspective of being a long time repeat guest. I can certainly empathize with guests that may have only had one opportunity in their lives to visit WDW and then find that the main park icon has been radically changed. Some poor guests are experiencing that right now at DHS. I suppose you could say the same thing about disco Yeti as well as the malfunctioning animatronics in CoP and the poor film in Soarin'.

I've been going to Disney for quite a while as well. I still hated the Castle Cake.

Sage of Time

They really should consider planting new Palm trees... The huge ones currently lining the street cause perspective issues.
Those look realistic to aesthetics in LA, though. They're fine. Short trees wouldn't be realistic.

Only one of the spires retracted...
474_001.jpg

What exactly was the point of one spire retracting? If it was for the firewowrks why didnt they all retract?
The second from the right spire retracted so Sorcery in the Sky could take place. A massive inflatable Sorcerer Mickey (IRONY!) would emerge from the back of the theater and that spire would block his line of sight.... and the fireworks he shot from his finger.

disney-mgm-studios-crossroads-theater-postcard.jpg

JohnD

Yes, you like saying moot. There's be a lot of conversations never happening here if people didn't discuss things no longer at Walt Disney World.

If someone doesn't like those conversations, they can always hit the "Moot Button"!

The Mom said the same thing referring to arguments of likes and dislikes are not productive without using the word "moot" and she is a moderator. Are you saying she's wrong?

Goofyernmost

What exactly was the point of one spire retracting? If it was for the firewowrks why didnt they all retract?
Hey, I just had a thought. Maybe, just maybe they were all supposed to retract, but only one worked. We just are all so convinced that early Disney was absolutely perfect that we cannot imaging that happening. I'm just kidding (I think), but it seems that depending on where you are standing anyone of them could block someones view. And what's up with those palm trees? Why weren't they retractable?

Speaking of Palm Trees, did anyone notice that those trees are almost as tall in the early days of DHS as they are now? Must be how it was intended. Imagine that!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom