Is the clock ticking on the Sorcerer Mickey Hat icon at the Studios? YES!

marsrunner

Does anyone even buy pins?
Hell yeah! Though I typically only buy attraction/resort pins and only for attractions and resorts I like. Don't care so much for the character ones. I know Disney is gouging me for cheap pieces of metal, but I don't care, I must have them! :ROFLOL:

HMF

This just in! According to the new D23 magazine the Chinese Theater is the "park icon" of Disney's Hollywood Studios. A mistake or a premonition. What do you think?

Expo_Seeker40

What is the article about, can it be found online, pdf?, can you quote the entire thing?......oh such interesting news when in the Hooray for Hollywood article on D23 online said the hat was the icon of the park. :lookaroun

HMF

What is the article about, can it be found online, pdf?, can you quote the entire thing?......oh such interesting news when in the Hooray for Hollywood article on D23 online said the hat was the icon of the park. :lookaroun
It's an article on the DCA expansion. It's exclusively in the magazine. Sorry? Here is what it says: "The classic Carthay Circle Theatre will be reborn to join such Disney theme park icons as Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle' Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World' Epcot's Spaceship Earth' THE CHINESE THEATRE at Disney's Hollywood Studios' and the mighty Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Expo_Seeker40

Oh snap....granted The Carthay Circle Theatre doesn't exist...but there's no reason why if it can represent DCA then the Chinese Theatre can't represent DHS. Both are famous and appropriate in their own right.

I recently emailed Mann's Theatres and am awaiting a response concerning the legality of the replica facade at DHS, if there is indeed a problem with Disney using it, and does Mann's even know the hat exists in the first place.

How about Coca Cola? Do they even sponsor the attraction. It says so on two signs, but the GMR appears a bit worn out, and how does the sponsor of DHS's flagship attraction feel about being blocked by guests. Also, while many other rides/shows on disneyworld.com have video trailers and slideshows. The GMR...with a big sponsor like Coca Cola...simply has an old picture of the Chinese Theatre from the late 90s showing guests entering the main tower.

Expo_Seeker40

We can only hope the D23 article is a premonition :lookaroun

11jrgyd.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

It's an article on the DCA expansion. It's exclusively in the magazine. Sorry? Here is what it says: "The classic Carthay Circle Theatre will be reborn to join such Disney theme park icons as Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle' Cinderella Castle at Walt Disney World' Epcot's Spaceship Earth' THE CHINESE THEATRE at Disney's Hollywood Studios' and the mighty Tree of Life at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Maybe D23 made a error.:lookaroun (And no, I'm not just saying it because the D64 thing..)

We all know that for now, the Hat is the icon...

lazyboy97o

I recently emailed Mann's Theatres and am awaiting a response concerning the legality of the replica facade at DHS, if there is indeed a problem with Disney using it, and does Mann's even know the hat exists in the first place.
I've tried this before, did not get so much as a form letter in response. Also, since 2007, Mann's is no longer the owner of the theater, just the operator.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom