is project gemini dead

jrriddle

Harry Potter aside, I think that World Showcase needs an overhaul almost as badly as Future World.
As it is right now, it's the "World's Nicest Foodcourt".
It could really use some new pavillions, rides, entertainment, etc.

jcarriv

Agreed about the world showcase.

It is well executed and the food and shopping are in place.
I think they should try to add something fun and something educational to each country in the showcase that doesn't already have it.

For example, the Canadian showcase building has a 360 degree film that is educational. The most logical fit for a log ride type ride would be at this building not like the rumors I have heard about one being at the Land.

Norway already has a ride that is a combination of both.

jcarriv

Agreed about the world showcase.

It is well executed and the food and shopping are in place.
I think they should try to add something fun and something educational to each country in the showcase that doesn't already have it.

For example, the Canadian showcase building has a 360 degree film that is educational. The most logical fit for a log ride type ride would be at this building not like the rumors I have heard about one being at the Land.

Norway already has a ride that is a combination of both.

jrriddle

A new film for Canada has been rumoured for about a year or so.
No such luck...
A log ride would be good, but a little predictable. A Todd Bertuzzi sucker punch simulator would be cool.
Sorry, poor taste, hopefully only about 3 people got that joke.

cloudboy

World showcase does need another ride, maybe even coaster. Particularly over in the corner down by France and Morrocco. Maybe Japan or the UK, even.

But one thing that I like about Epcot, and a lot of people seem to miss, is just wandering around and exploring the place. If anything, what I would really like to see is more change in the stores and merchandise there. Something new to find. And maybe start changing and adding those little nooks that make World Showcase special.

Oh, and bring in more shows like Tapestries!

jrriddle

I would like to see something like the World Showcase cruise that they were going to do with Wescot, maybe done with peoplemovers.

jcarriv

Although a log ride would be predictable, I think that World Showcase is about being predictable. Along the lines of hockey a 3-D film could be made with a hockey player punching toward the audience.:D

I agree that World Showcase has a lot of things to find and you need to slow down and pay attention to the detail to truly appreciate it. Most people are zooming around so fast they miss the beauty of the World Showcase.

Does anyone know about this Time Racers simulator that the Magical Ears websight has slated for completion in 2004?

jrriddle

Time Racers: The long rumored post show for SSE. Not sure on the what it was (is?) supposed to be about.
Try doing a search on these boards for Time Racers.

SirGoofy

Originally posted by jrriddle
A Todd Bertuzzi sucker punch simulator would be cool.
Sorry, poor taste, hopefully only about 3 people got that joke.

Yea not a cool joke. I hope that loser gets banned for life.

Yea, I think a log ride would fit in Canada, but with the Maelstrom in WS I don't think it they would do anything like that anytime soon.

jrriddle

Originally posted by SirGoofy
Yea not a cool joke. I hope that loser gets banned for life.

Again, I apologize.
Unfortunatley he's only gone for the remainder & playoffs.
Pretty light if you ask me.

SirGoofy

Originally posted by jrriddle
Again, I apologize.
Unfortunatley he's only gone for the remainder & playoffs.
Pretty light if you ask me.

Off-topic rant:That's all he got!? This is one of the reasons the NHL is gonna be no more, inabillity to enforce rules! They couldn't enforce the interferance that they were gonna "crack down on." Well I'll be extremely sad when the league goes under(hockey's my favorite sport), but they deserve it for things like these!

jrriddle

Off Topic Reply: I completely agree with you. 100%!
It's been really big news up here. People are pretty shocked that's all he got.
I guess we will see what happens with the police investigation.

jrriddle

Back to Gemini:
I completely forgot that I saw this on Mouse Planet.
http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/wdw/wdw040308.htm
Anyone care to speculate?

Global Neighborhood closed: Rehab or Time Racers?
The Global Neighborhood post-show for Spaceship Earth is now walled off, although it is not currently on publicly accessible rehab lists. Since AT&T's sponsorship is renewing on a short-term basis, speculation on the reason for the closure seems split between a general rehab to either remove references to AT&T or just to spruce up the place—or construction of the long-rumored Time Racers post-show, which is a component of Project Gemini.

BTW in that update they also have some cool pictures of the Everest Model.

jrriddle

Originally posted by Bill
Global Neighborhood was closed for Time Racers.

Wow! Very Cool! I didn't think that thing would ever get built!
Thanks Bill.
You got a description of what it's going to be?
I know it's a post show, but a film? a simulator? I've heard both rumours.

Bill

Account Suspended
I asked my friend... but he insists that it's too early for me to tell anyone. So you'll just have to wait and see.

Testtrack321

Potter in Epcot just ticks me off. I'm sorry, but World Showcase is supposed to be a FACTUAL representation of the countries, not some make-believe book world! Put it in MGM! NOT EPCOT! It's just not in the Epcot way to have Potter there. It's just like having Monsters Inc at Energy and Toy Story at WoL.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom