is project gemini dead

Bill

Account Suspended
Ah, well, Gemini isn't dead. It's far from dead. Though, the plans that Jim Hill showed you are not Gemini any longer, Gemini is still alive and well. The plans have evolved to include: A replacement for Wonders of Life, Time Racers, Soarin' Over Whatever, Harry Potter, Nemo's Living Seas, and a possible makeover once again for Universe of Energy, and a replacement for Circle of Life. The later two aren't set in stone yet, but all of the rest are, including the long rumored Harry Potter attraction. WDI has Harry Potter opening as early as late 2006, so we'll be hearing a lot more on that attraction very soon. The Gemini plans as far as adding more trees, shrubs & plants are gone for now though... so don't worry about those. :)

jrriddle

Hey Bill,
I was reading on another board about a few changes to SSE, wondering if you had heard the same.
Apparently there are plans to overhaul the ride system and add some new scenes. As well as the Omnimover exiting the globe was looked into at one point and may still be. (Not as a coaster, just part of the ride)
As well as the Tinkerbell and spinning globe rumours.

AviMM

Originally posted by Bill
Ah, well, Gemini isn't dead. It's far from dead. Though, the plans that Jim Hill showed you are not Gemini any longer, Gemini is still alive and well. The plans have evolved to include: A replacement for Wonders of Life, Time Racers, Soarin' Over Whatever, Harry Potter, Nemo's Living Seas, and a possible makeover once again for Universe of Energy, and a replacement for Circle of Life. The later two aren't set in stone yet, but all of the rest are, including the long rumored Harry Potter attraction. WDI has Harry Potter opening as early as late 2006, so we'll be hearing a lot more on that attraction very soon. The Gemini plans as far as adding more trees, shrubs & plants are gone for now though... so don't worry about those. :)

I posted about the Harry Potter one on my Harry Potter fan site....makes sence right?

Bill

Account Suspended
Well, to me it does... you'll have a hard time getting other people to believe it, trust me, I've tried.:lol:

Shaman

Originally posted by Bill

whoa....alot stuff in that little paragaph....where will this Harry Potter attraction go?? UK pavilion?

(looks like a lot of new rumors/info....maybe you should start a new thread)

:wave:

Shaman

I think it fits in nicely at Epcot at the WS...in the UK pavilion, where the big millenium village pavilion now sits....

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by objr
I think it fits in nicely at Epcot at the WS...in the UK pavilion, where the big millenium village pavilion now sits....

I was just thinking of that too. And I had been wondering what they were planning on doing with that space. Well, that's always a possibility. Not a big Harry Potter fan, but should be interesting to see what WDI can come up with.

Shaman

Originally posted by DDuckFan130
I was just thinking of that too. And I had been wondering what they were planning on doing with that space. Well, that's always a possibility. Not a big Harry Potter fan, but should be interesting to see what WDI can come up with.

Yea..I'm not a big fan either...but it should be interesting...especially since I doubt they'll be able to use anything in the movies (I could be wrong)....

For now the old Millenium Village space is being used for conventions and special events (atleast thats what I read somewhere).

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Any new Countries

With all this new building, have any of you "in the know" heard of any additional countries under serious discussion? I remember a while back when signs for Israel and Equatorial Africa were even posted (Israel next to arabic Morocco, hmmm). While Africa has been moved to AK, Russia, India, Australia to name a quick few. They also need to add Big Ben to UK as all other countries have towers in their groupings.

Sorry if I drifted from the thread.

Lee

Adventurer
I came into this late, so I'll not be redundant.

Is Gemini dead?

No. Not dead. Just on life support and having it's organs harvested.

So to speak...

Shaman

Originally posted by Lee
I came into this late, so I'll not be redundant.

Is Gemini dead?

No. Not dead. Just on life support and having it's organs harvested.

So to speak...

:lol: With the new additions to Epcot and with what I've read rumored...I'm real happy that soon we will be able to take Epcot off life support and turn to parks like The Studios and AK....which still need some help...AK more than The Studios....

:D

ImagineerFan04

Originally posted by objr
:lol: With the new additions to Epcot and with what I've read rumored...I'm real happy that soon we will be able to take Epcot off life support and turn to parks like The Studios and AK....which still need some help...AK more than The Studios....

:D

the studios doesn't need that much help. All it needs is a few new attractions. It should be good when/if the muppets come and according to Bill an indy adventure is comming. then stuff like updateing the great movie ride and star tours will make the park fine. after that they need the regular addtion and to expand and make the park bigger. I'm not saying it will be perfect or the best just that it doesn't need as much work as some of the other parks world wide does.

JLW11Hi

That Harry Potter thing would work great in MGM, but whatever.

I personally hope that one aim of Project Gemini is to completely re-design Future World. And by that, I mean in regards to the architecture and color schemes. It looks veeery 80s right now, looking at some of the designs of things like the buildings, even the benches, etc.

WDWcouple

Please pardon my incompetence, but I would love it of someone could give me a brief overview of what exactly "project gemini" is... I really only been a Disney Enthusiast for the last 2 years.

Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom