is project gemini dead

jrriddle

Originally posted by WDWcouple
Please pardon my incompetence, but I would love it of someone could give me a brief overview of what exactly "project gemini" is... I really only been a Disney Enthusiast for the last 2 years.

Thanks

Steve has some info on it, a good overview. The link is on the WDWMagic Home page.
The story most people talk about is at Jimhillmedia.com

The basics are that it's a "Blue Sky" (meaning in a perfect world) that would see a huge overhaul of Epcot's Future World renamed Discoveryland with new landscaping, new attractions, etc.

jrriddle

Originally posted by celestia
if i recall, it was written by a british author.

But that does not make it a part of English Culture. Or to some of us even literature. Sorry, sorry, nothing personal can't stand those books/movies.

DarkMeasures

Well, since WoL is dead, there is room for a new pavilian. And it could wrap behind M:S also.

I want to see new foliage though. I would like to see all the buildings redone on the outside and have their most dominant feature left intact.

Shaman

Originally posted by jrriddle
But that does not make it a part of English Culture. Or to some of us even literature. Sorry, sorry, nothing personal can't stand those books/movies.

All the pavilions feature things that are native to that country...Japan for example has a shop filled with toys and other items from Japan. Potter fits in the UK pavilion because the author was (and correct me if I'm wrong) British. Therefore it can be said that the books came out of the UK...hence it wouldn't be out of place to present them in the UK pavilion. Hey I'll be the first to say that Harry Potter isn't exactly Shakespeare, but atleast its got kids reading...and in all honesty WS needs something new....anyway just my opinion...

:D

ImagineerFan04

I whould like to see a harry potter ride. most kids know what harry potter is and saw the movies. and the ride will still be popular in a couple of years since i heard she is making a total of 8 books.

I don't like reading the only books i read is when i have to. But i maneged to read the first one. still readin the second one it's been about 2 years since i started it and i'm only on page 100.

but i like those Alex Rider adventure books. can't remember the aurther and i'm to lazy to go find the book.There basicly about a 14 year old 00 agent.

and i'm going to read the first artimus fowel book for my next report.

jrriddle

Originally posted by objr
All the pavilions feature things that are native to that country...Japan for example has a shop filled with toys and other items from Japan. Potter fits in the UK pavilion because the author was (and correct me if I'm wrong) British. Therefore it can be said that the books came out of the UK...hence it wouldn't be out of place to present them in the UK pavilion. Hey I'll be the first to say that Harry Potter isn't exactly Shakespeare, but atleast its got kids reading...and in all honesty WS needs something new....anyway just my opinion...

Oh come on that would be like a Godzilla coaster inside a replica of Mt.Fuji for the Japanese pavillion...what?...really?...oh...never mind...:lol:

SirGoofy

Oh come on that would be like a Godzilla coaster inside a replica of Mt.Fuji for the Japanese pavillion...what?...really?...oh...never mind...:lol:

I still think that would have been cool I mean it's GODZILLA...

Back on topic. I think Potter would fit in the UK. I love the books. I think it should either be a dark ride or some kind of 3-D show.

jrriddle

Actually I think the topic was "Is Gemini Dead?"
Well, we all seem to be agreement that it's not dead but it ain't what it used to be.:)
And I'm still waiting for that inside news fron Grizz.

pppapazo

Originally posted by objr

Following that logic, a dark ride through the works of Danielle Steel would be a perfect addition to the American Adventure.

Potter belongs in the Disney-MGM Studios along with the other non-Disney fictional properties at WDW (Muppets, Indy, Star Wars, Twilight Zone, etc.) if it comes to Disney World.

Period.

I look forward to such a ride and would go on it if it were in EPCOT, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be disappointed.

Bill

Account Suspended
Originally posted by pppapazo
Following that logic, a dark ride through the works of Danielle Steel would be a perfect addition to the American Adventure.

Potter belongs in the Disney-MGM Studios along with the other non-Disney fictional properties at WDW (Muppets, Indy, Star Wars, Twilight Zone, etc.) if it comes to Disney World.

Period.

I look forward to such a ride and would go on it if it were in EPCOT, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be disappointed.

Umm, Disney owns the Muppets now...

And you're forgetting one major thing... the Disney-MGM Studios is based on Movies, Animation, Theatre, Radio & TV. They are movies, so they go in the Studios. We're not sure yet what rights Disney actually has... Disney may only have the rights to the books... which I doubt, seriously, Movies are so much more powerful then books for images of places and characters... but Harry Potter is a book set first. Not Moive first. Hence why there is no actual "need" for it to be in the Studios. You see, the power of Movies is amazing... in fact, it is the basis for American Society... we see something on TV or in a movie... it always subconsciencely affects you. And that's why you're thinking more about the movie aspect of Potter rather then the book aspect. :)

I certainly hope that it doesn't happen! They can give a facelift to some of the scenes, but the basic theme and soundtrack, and AA scenes are too fantastic to change. If anything EPCOT needs to go back to its original unifying theme for future world, just updated.

jrriddle

Instead of Potter, I would prefer a Small Millennium Wheel, a Tower of London Haunted House, Big Ben. Something more British.

PaisleyMF

Something More british?

Instead of Potter, I would prefer a Small Millennium Wheel, a Tower of London Haunted House, Big Ben. Something more British.

Madonna passing as a Brit?

Meant as a Joke

But hope Genesis becames more like Phoenix and bring a glorious look at a Future that could be and enjoy as part of this magnificent world.

And as someone said
"Change is Good, change is always good"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom