Is it summer yet?

robynchic

Original Poster
Countdown to finals: 6 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes (give or take)

Sanity: 40%

Is it summer yet? I have 4 finals. 2 Monday, 1 Tuesday, 1 Wednesday, then I'm out of here. But I feel like I'm going insane.

Help me... :brick:

jesserin

robynchic said:
Countdown to finals: 6 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes (give or take)

Sanity: 40%

Is it summer yet? I have 4 finals. 2 Monday, 1 Tuesday, 1 Wednesday, then I'm out of here. But I feel like I'm going insane.

Help me... :brick:

Yes! It is summer! :) At least by any sane sense of weather - WDW will be in the 80's all week next week - with a forcast of rain for just one evening! :) (i know b/c i've been checking like a crazy person these last few days... we leave in 2 days and 14 hours (give or take) ;) LOL... hope you have a blast on your trip! :)

MKCP 1985

Big crowds and late hours at Disney
90 degree weather and high humidity
It doesn't get dark until 8:00 or later.

Might as well declare it:

"Summer's Here."

Good luck with finals. And when you feel you are going crazy, just remember this quote from our former Vice President of the United States, Dan Quayle, as he addressed the NAACP:

"What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is."

source: http://www.snopes.com/quotes/quayle.htm

robynchic

Original Poster
At least one of my finals is next to nothing, in terms of work. It's an acting final- I perform a monologue. My toughest will be biology. And the English one? Pfffft. Three hand-written essays, each 2.5 pages...EASY! Oh, and the other one is American Sign Language.

I'm still going nuts, though. Because I also have to move a bunch of my stuff to SO's apartment to store for the summer, pack, clean, etc. And schedule a whole lotta doctors appointments.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
robynchic said:
At least one of my finals is next to nothing, in terms of work. It's an acting final- I perform a monologue. My toughest will be biology. And the English one? Pfffft. Three hand-written essays, each 2.5 pages...EASY! Oh, and the other one is American Sign Language.

I'm still going nuts, though. Because I also have to move a bunch of my stuff to SO's apartment to store for the summer, pack, clean, etc. And schedule a whole lotta doctors appointments.

But one way or another it will all be over soon and all you have to worry about is your summer vacation! :sohappy:

Lil'mermaid

At least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have 6 more weeks, or as my friend Dave put it: "Look at it this way Kate; 6 more Mondays left!!"

joanna71985

My last day of classes is on Monday the 1st. Then I have 2 finals- one on the 2nd (my recreation final) and then one on the 9th (my national issues final. It's just on books and a play we have to see). So that's not too bad finals wise. But then I have to wait 3 months til I can go to Disney on the CP. I don't know how I will make it that long!

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Although if you really want to wait for summer, its June 21st at 8:23 :(

[Being as I don't get summer breaks...or spring breaks...or Holiday breaks....I get testy when those more fortunate brag about theirs...]

robynchic

Original Poster
ClemsonTigger said:
But one way or another it will all be over soon and all you have to worry about is your summer vacation! :sohappy:
Yeah...but that's 2 weeks of doctors appointments and dealing with my nagging mother. Then it's back to work in Orlando. At least SO is stopping by my house on his way back from Lancaster, PA from travel for a couple of days, so I'll see him in 2 weeks, then I'll see him again July 7th-11th.

List of appointments made:
Dentist
Shrink

Still need to make:
Oral surgeon (to get my wisdom teeth pulled!)
allergy shots
optometrist

Nemo14

Uponastar said:
No! :eek:

Summer can't come soon enough for me.
sad, but true. They're forecasting "just enough to make for an interesting commute" for Wednesday morning.

When does our flight to Orlando leave?

ctwhalerman

Nemo14 said:
Considering we might get SNOW tomorrow night, I'd say we're not quite into summer yet. *sigh*

Nothing like a good dose of New England weather. Just consider yourself lucky to live in such a charming place...at least that's how I keep my sanity up here.

As for finals, I don't mind the the preparation and actually tests, and love the nights after (we all know where we are at that point:hurl: ), but I tell you I hate the day that report card comes in the mail, and how my father always manages to get it before I can dispose of it... :brick:

Nemo14

BeachClubVillas said:
Holy crap, where in New England are you??? Now I'm nervous! :eek:

EDIT: Kept reading and realized you're in RI.
It's the northern part of the state that they're saying will probably get it, so you might see some in Boston too.

*gets the snowbrush back up from the basement*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom