Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

BrianLo

Course it does.

WDI agree. But instead we got the blue men Soarin and the light show boat ride.

It was guaranteed not a direct lift. Slot ride was something other than monsters and such, I don’t recall what. 20K was marine life and mythical underwater creatures. More reality/fantasy rather than pure fantasy.

Oh, that deserves a giant asterisks then. That's more like a Phantom Manor or a Countdown to Extinction type scenarios. This land you are talking about is no longer TDS' Mysterious Island. It's a stolen shell with completely different contents.

Of course pretty rock work with two substantive attractions custom designed for the parks thematic mission would be a good fit for literally any of Disney's parks worldwide.

Frankly if they are going to go that far, why not make the shell custom as well?

britain

Oh, that deserves a giant asterisks then. That's more like a Phantom Manor or a Countdown to Extinction type scenarios. This land you are talking about is no longer TDS' Mysterious Island. It's a stolen shell with completely different contents.

Of course pretty rock work with two substantive attractions custom designed for the parks thematic mission would be a good fit for literally any of Disney's parks worldwide.

Frankly if they are going to go that far, why not make the shell custom as well?

It seems like it would still be Captain Nemo themed, just with more of the real wonders of the deep / within the earth, then probably climaxing with a fantastical encounter.

ThemeParkTraveller

It seems like it would still be Captain Nemo themed, just with more of the real wonders of the deep / within the earth, then probably climaxing with a fantastical encounter.

@marni1971 mentioned that it would have lacked any reference to Jules Verne's works.

Remember Mysterious Island was to have been cloned physically, not thematically. No lava monster or Jules Verne in DAK.

Piebald

Has anyone actually experienced the Dry For Wet tech? Is it in the least bit convincing? The videos of Tokyo 20k don't look like it actually works....
Works great. Just felt a little stuffy and warm on an otherwise pleasant day. They'd have to fix that otherwise youd feel like a person stuck in a locked car in summer after a few minutes. Also seemed cramped and I'm slender.

HauntedMansionFLA

Disney was supposed to come out with another Captain Nemo movie directed by James Mangold if they were going with the IP into the parks.

Disney Maddux

Not in my DAK! lol FWIW, the right or wrong IP (Indy too!) can seriously damage DAK's identity.
The reason I don't think Zootopia would damage it, is because if it does replace RPW, it would be so far away from everything else and not damage the look and feel of the rest of the park.

MagicJack78

One is tentativly scheduled before then but times marching on.
Thanks.
So this is me completely grasping at straws but is or was Mystic Manor ever a consideration for animal kingdom? IMO this would be a good fit from an adventure point of view. Would be awesome in Asia next to Expedition Everest!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom