Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

BrianLo

Oh.

Wait a minute, isn't there a big cast parking lot behind the Star Tours building that could be used?

Large portions of the parking lot could be utilized. This recent round of expansion had earlier concepts with park expansion behind Indy. Really they could easily envelop 20 acres of parking lot into the park boundaries if they were willing to build parking garages.

The animation courtyard/sunset blvd backstage area could also be reconfigured in the future for a reasonably large park expansion.

Galaxy's Edge has at least 2 large scale expansion pads available to it.

I'm not sure about the land at the corner of Buena Vista and World Drive.

Place to expand DHS isn't really a problem, all told there's easily 30 acres without them even having to start pulling off Disneyland level stunts (and that place keeps coming up with more out of seemingly nowhere).

Disney Maddux

Large portions of the parking lot could be utilized. This recent round of expansion had earlier concepts with park expansion behind Indy. Really they could easily envelop 20 acres of parking lot into the park boundaries if they were willing to build parking garages.

The animation courtyard/sunset blvd backstage area could also be reconfigured in the future for a reasonably large park expansion.

Galaxy's Edge has at least 2 large scale expansion pads available to it.

I'm not sure about the land at the corner of Buena Vista and World Drive.

Place to expand DHS isn't really a problem, all told there's easily 30 acres without them even having to start pulling off Disneyland level stunts (and that place keeps coming up with more out of seemingly nowhere).
Aren't there still rumors that Animation Courtyard plus that backstage area could become a Monsters Inc. area?

brb1006

Without running this off topic completely, Zootopia is a victim of time. It occurred a bit too recently to hop on board any of the major capex projects and fell smack dab into the midst of Disney's ridiculous run of hits. By the time anything really does come around for it I think it won't be a consideration, unless WDS elects to make a sequel. Certainly a possibility as those flood gates have opened with the studio.

The only small chance for it at this stage is Shanghai. But I'm strongly leaning into Zootopia missed the boat on any park representation globally.
Don't get me started with the Zootopia meet and greets taking so long at WDW compared to DCA.

Next Big Thing

Well, there's not really any other choices.
-I doubt we're getting a new land in Magic Kingdom anytime soon.
-Do I even need to say anything for Epcot?
-DHS would be the 2nd best option, but there's not much space left for big expansions.
-DAK is really the only good option. Rafiki's Planet Watch is the perfect spot to place it, and because it's so far away, it wouldn't be close to everything else and ruin the look and feel of the rest of the park.
You aren't looking in the right places if you don't think there's still quite a bit of room to expand at DHS.

djkidkaz

I’m really surprised nothing else other than Tron for MK has been announced or started for the 50th in terms of new attractions / lands. The cancelled the theater project so that money had to go somewhere, where did it go? MK is truly the park celebrating 50 years and all it gets is tron while the other parks get reimagined with plenty of new attractions. Generally all Disney projects take about 3 years unless it is just a re-skin. So they would have to start digging up dirt in the next 6 months to get something open for 50.

In regards to DHS and space to expand, I’m also concerned they are going to realize to late that they have a problem on their hands with the amount of people showing up for Galaxys Edge and the park will need to be expanded fast. Potentially it could put us in the position where they give us another toy story land two year build type project just to increase capacity fast rather than do it right and have it ready.

Lastly in regards to Indiana Jones, give it to JJ Abrams and let him set the franchise straight. I don’t think anyone does it better than him in regards to knowing what the fans want and what will bring in new audiences to an existing franchise.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m really surprised nothing else other than Tron for MK has been announced or started for the 50th in terms of new attractions / lands. The cancelled the theater project so that money had to go somewhere, where did it go? MK is truly the park celebrating 50 years and all it gets is tron while the other parks get reimagined with plenty of new attractions. Generally all Disney projects take about 3 years unless it is just a re-skin. So they would have to start digging up dirt in the next 6 months to get something open for 50..
There never were any more new-builds. Just "refreshes"

EricsBiscuit

Well, there's not really any other choices.
-I doubt we're getting a new land in Magic Kingdom anytime soon.
-Do I even need to say anything for Epcot?
-DHS would be the 2nd best option, but there's not much space left for big expansions.
-DAK is really the only good option. Rafiki's Planet Watch is the perfect spot to place it, and because it's so far away, it wouldn't be close to everything else and ruin the look and feel of the rest of the park.
Rafiki's Planet Watch is easily the most overlooked/underrated attraction at DAK. It is amazing and I can spend upwards of 65 minutes there if you time it right with the surgeries and everything.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom