Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

HauntedMansionFLA

To summarize:

The DAK Proposal:​
  • Dinoland becomes Central/South America
    • Dinosaur becomes Indy
    • Dinorama becomes a wooden coaster
    • Restaurantosaurus becomes adventurer-themed with a bar
    • Nemo Theater become a boat ride (Shanghai pirates tech) with an IP not attractionified in the parks yet
The DHS Proposal:​
  • Indy boat ride (Shanghai pirates tech) with a related store, restaurant and bar

So, DAK and DHS are fighting over the Shanghai Pirates tech. Are they also fighting over Indy? May not be if it's OK for Indy to be in more than one park, like some other IPs.

That leaves the battle for the other tech. Which would mean Epcot wants it and also either DHS or DAK. Unknown at this time what that is.
With a South America theme and it keep with DAK mission statement, any word on anything to educate the public on conservation of the rain forest? Very cool and interesting events going on.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
To summarize:

The DAK Proposal:​
  • Dinoland becomes Central/South America
    • Dinosaur becomes Indy
    • Dinorama becomes a wooden coaster
    • Restaurantosaurus becomes adventurer-themed with a bar
    • Nemo Theater become a boat ride (Shanghai pirates tech) with an IP not attractionified in the parks yet.

I believe this has now been downscaled. Current thinking indicates a land refresh with the same theme and a coaster. But it ain’t over yet.

Bocabear

Wouldn't Indy fit well between Dinoland and Asia... The Nemo Theater area is large enough for an Indy attraction and a mini land...without sacrificing Dinosaur... It doesn't have to be either one or the other...there is room to have both, and the landscape and fabric of DAK seems a better fit than DHS which is rapidly changing into something other than a celebration of classic Hollywood...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So is the Indy boat ride more likely to come to DHS, or has that been scrapped too? I'm worried about the impact the cuts could have. I know you can't say much, and that's frustrating, but I understand.
A boat ride at DHS was a proposal remember. Not green, not approved and not funded. If it will move to the blue sky phase I don’t know at the moment.

Kman101

With all the changes in Animal Kingdom, the nice Harambe expansion, cosmetic makeover of Discovery Island .... Chester and Hester's sticks out like a sore thumb now. It always did but it's even more noticeable. It was just a matter of time. I'm just glad they aren't sitting back and seem to be willing to do something here. But we'll see if anything truly does happen. Sounds like, as always, when WDW starts getting some good stuff, they then start chipping away. I had hoped we'd be spared that this time because of the awareness they have that they've let the parks stagnate for way too long and have a lot of catching up to do.

If some of the chipping away and changes are for the better, I'm glad, but we'll see what happens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom