• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

HoraceHorizons

I believe this has now been downscaled. Current thinking indicates a land refresh with the same theme and a coaster. But it ain’t over yet.
So... Apart from the Boat Ride (PotC tech) NOT replacing Finding Nemo, and not officially calling the area SOUTH AM. The refresh is basically the same thing with Indy AND Dinos on the ride?

That's not really all that different, apart from the Finding Nemo theater.

Also worth considering here, is whether we should expect the new INDY film to feature Dinos.

Disney Maddux

If Indy not taking over Dinoland means that the budget for it can go to a Zootopia area in DAK, then I'm happy. (also, does anyone know where exactly in Dinoland those surveys are taking place?)

Disney Maddux

Out of the four WDW parks I would say Zootopia has the least thematic relevance to Animal Kingdom. Yes, including Epcot.
Well, there's not really any other choices.
-I doubt we're getting a new land in Magic Kingdom anytime soon.
-Do I even need to say anything for Epcot?
-DHS would be the 2nd best option, but there's not much space left for big expansions.
-DAK is really the only good option. Rafiki's Planet Watch is the perfect spot to place it, and because it's so far away, it wouldn't be close to everything else and ruin the look and feel of the rest of the park.

HauntedMansionFLA

Out of the four WDW parks I would say Zootopia has the least thematic relevance to Animal Kingdom. Yes, including Epcot.
Zootopia is a weak IP. They have plenty of strong IP’s that could go into DAK (if they are going the IP route) before even considering Zootopia. It would be nice to have a ride like Splash Mountain or GMR celebrating the Disney Animal classics.

Top Bottom