Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

Disney Maddux

Out of the four WDW parks I would say Zootopia has the least thematic relevance to Animal Kingdom. Yes, including Epcot.
Well, there's not really any other choices.
-I doubt we're getting a new land in Magic Kingdom anytime soon.
-Do I even need to say anything for Epcot?
-DHS would be the 2nd best option, but there's not much space left for big expansions.
-DAK is really the only good option. Rafiki's Planet Watch is the perfect spot to place it, and because it's so far away, it wouldn't be close to everything else and ruin the look and feel of the rest of the park.

HauntedMansionFLA

Out of the four WDW parks I would say Zootopia has the least thematic relevance to Animal Kingdom. Yes, including Epcot.
Zootopia is a weak IP. They have plenty of strong IP’s that could go into DAK (if they are going the IP route) before even considering Zootopia. It would be nice to have a ride like Splash Mountain or GMR celebrating the Disney Animal classics.

rle4lunch

So I heard from my step sisters brothers cousins uncle that Indy 5 will include pet dinosaurs that share the same hairstyle as Chris Pratt, the real Indiana Jones. The end of the movie they show Chris Pratt's Indy, waking up from a dream which consisted of highpoints from each of the previous 4 Indy movies. With him looking around startled, and clearly shaken and disturbed, the shot cuts away to a scene where we see Chris frantically recalling the dream to someone off screen, he boasts of craziness like he'd never seen before; hearts being ripped out, Nazis, and even alie... err, interdimensional beings! As he's starting to calm down, the screen starts to pan wide and we see ol' Blue sitting in an lounge chair sipping a hard lemonade and wearing a knit baseball cap that eerily resembles the one Short Round wore. Chris finally finishes his story, letting Blue know that he's his best friend and can't wait to take him on his next adventure... as a veterinarian.

EPCOTCenterLover

As always, don’t quote me! There’s potentially two major projects for the park over the next decade but as always ideas (and budgets) can change.

DAK is a good park with incredible atmosphere and ambience. Any additions of the right theme, scope, and scale could make it my favorite. (Especially given the state and future direction of Epcot.)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Well, there's not really any other choices.
-I doubt we're getting a new land in Magic Kingdom anytime soon.
-Do I even need to say anything for Epcot?
-DHS would be the 2nd best option, but there's not much space left for big expansions.
-DAK is really the only good option. Rafiki's Planet Watch is the perfect spot to place it, and because it's so far away, it wouldn't be close to everything else and ruin the look and feel of the rest of the park.

Option #5 - None of the above.

BrianLo

Without running this off topic completely, Zootopia is a victim of time. It occurred a bit too recently to hop on board any of the major capex projects and fell smack dab into the midst of Disney's ridiculous run of hits. By the time anything really does come around for it I think it won't be a consideration, unless WDS elects to make a sequel. Certainly a possibility as those flood gates have opened with the studio.

The only small chance for it at this stage is Shanghai. But I'm strongly leaning into Zootopia missed the boat on any park representation globally.

pdude81

Without running this off topic completely, Zootopia is a victim of time. It occurred a bit too recently to hop on board any of the major capex projects and fell smack dab into the midst of Disney's ridiculous run of hits. By the time anything really does come around for it I think it won't be a consideration, unless WDS elects to make a sequel. Certainly a possibility as those flood gates have opened with the studio.

The only small chance for it at this stage is Shanghai. But I'm strongly leaning into Zootopia missed the boat on any park representation globally.
Until or unless they have a Zootopia 2 in development. For now though I agree they waited a bit too long

shortstop

I wouldn’t be surprised to see it in Shanghai sooner than later. It would make a lot of sense with its popularity over there + Shanghai’s need for expansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom