• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

TeriofTerror

So are these rumors true
It helps to keep in mind that Disney changes their minds a lot. So even if this is true right now, their plans could change tomorrow. We see this happen frequently.
One of the most common reasons for plans to change is that budgets get cut, and when that happens, the cheapest option is to leave something the way it is. If Dinosaur stands a chance of being saved, this will likely be why. :)

MansionButler84

Advertisement
Where does this put the inter-park IP "tug of war" that was talked about a month or so ago? The one where Indy was being vied for by DAK & DHS. And a ride system was being considered for 3 parks, if I remember correctly.
Epcot or DHS would get the new ride system.

Jones14

I mean, I see why they want to do this. DHS will hit capacity on a regular basis through the 50th anniversary, and the addition of a single ride to its mix will bring even more guests to the already overwhelmed park.

EPCOT will have Ratatouille to draw guests over, and the Magic Kingdom will continue to have Cinderella Castle, so it will still be #1.

That leaves Animal Kingdom, which already has more parkwide capacity than it needs in a day (which is a good thing. Animal Kingdom is the only Disney park in Florida with capacity that is properly matched to the numbers it gets) and 3 years past its last major expansion.

Add in an easy overlay (based on a slightly fresher, if less fitting IP) and the otherwise empty horizon of expansion for the next several years to a park that could easily absorb a couple extra thousand a day, and boom. Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Temple.

mikejs78

Premium Member
I mean, I see why they want to do this. DHS will hit capacity on a regular basis through the 50th anniversary, and the addition of a single ride to its mix will bring even more guests to the already overwhelmed park.

EPCOT will have Ratatouille to draw guests over, and the Magic Kingdom will continue to have Cinderella Castle, so it will still be #1.

That leaves Animal Kingdom, which already has more parkwide capacity than it needs in a day (which is a good thing. Animal Kingdom is the only Disney park in Florida with capacity that is properly matched to the numbers it gets) and 3 years past its last major expansion.

Add in an easy overlay (based on a slightly fresher, if less fitting IP) and the otherwise empty horizon of expansion for the next several years to a park that could easily absorb a couple extra thousand a day, and boom. Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Temple.
Good points, although DHS still needs a lot more capacity to handle the Star Wars crowds....

jaxonp

Animal kingdom is already hitting points when it’s hard to walk there when it’s busy. It also needs more capacity. New builds, not overlays are what all the parks need.

atighe42

Epcot or DHS would get the new ride system.
Interesting.....If I’m correct in thinking, and if the ride system was Shanghai Pirates tech, what would replace Indy as the IP using that ride system at DHS?
*im also incredibly intrigued as to how that would be integrated into Epcot. Presumably the Seas? Or Living with the Land: Supercharged lol.

PorterRedkey

Premium Member
Interesting.....If I’m correct in thinking, and if the ride system was Shanghai Pirates tech, what would replace Indy as the IP using that ride system at DHS?
*im also incredibly intrigued as to how that would be integrated into Epcot. Presumably the Seas? Or Living with the Land: Supercharged lol.
Or at an unannounced new country with an IP not currently used for a ride.

Don

While I do think Animal Kingdom should have a dinosaur presence, there is one way that IJ could make a little more sense...

If the entire dinosaur area was redone to a long rumored South American theme or something along those lines, with another attraction, South American animal exhibits, and THEN an IJ ride that takes place in a South American temple replacing Dinosaur. It wouldn't necessarily fit the animal or conservation theme of the park (although there could easily be an animal presence in the ride), I think it would fit much better within a larger real life themed area rather than a Indiana Jones area, which doesn't fit at all.

PorterRedkey

Premium Member
So, if AK gets Indy and the Shanghai boat tech is between Epcot and DHS, what does the losing park get. Say Epcot gets the Shanghai tech then what does DHS get?
Are the WDW parks still fighting to get some Avatar FoP type ride? Would the "loser" between Epcot and DHS get a FoP-like attraction or will it be some other type of attraction?

Jones14

So, if AK gets Indy and the Shanghai boat tech is between Epcot and DHS, what does the losing park get. Say Epcot gets the Shanghai tech then what does DHS get?
Are the WDW parks still fighting to get some Avatar FoP type ride? Would the "loser" between Epcot and DHS get a FoP-like attraction or will it be some other type of attraction?
I don’t think the other parks would benefit from a FoP. Magic Kingdom could only really use it in Adventureland or Tomorrowland, which would feel redundant. EPCOT already has Soarin’ (which still works now, but would immediately show its age if it sat next to FoP), and DHS doesn’t need another simulator.

I think the park that loses the boat ride gets nothing, unless it goes to EPCOT and DHS manages to get Indy back.

brb1006

Pirates is good! The ride system is incredible. Sections of it are outstanding. Sections of it are mediocre. The ride favors row one in the screen sections. The cgi is poor. I’m disappointed in the cgi so much actually. It looks like something sea world would have done. This is Disney, you own ILM or whomever does that stuff. It should have been better imo. I think the reaction to pirates is mostly right. We’ve just never seen a boat do what it can do in water, which is really really neat to be apart of.
The only LPS ride you should check out is Hunny Hunt at Tokyo.

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
The "looser" would possibly get nothing.

It’s down to an amazing ride system that has the chance of coming to Orlando. Naturally several different groups of people think it’d be a perfect fit for "their" proposal.

Top Bottom