Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

PorterRedkey

Interesting.....If I’m correct in thinking, and if the ride system was Shanghai Pirates tech, what would replace Indy as the IP using that ride system at DHS?
*im also incredibly intrigued as to how that would be integrated into Epcot. Presumably the Seas? Or Living with the Land: Supercharged lol.
Or at an unannounced new country with an IP not currently used for a ride.

Don

While I do think Animal Kingdom should have a dinosaur presence, there is one way that IJ could make a little more sense...

If the entire dinosaur area was redone to a long rumored South American theme or something along those lines, with another attraction, South American animal exhibits, and THEN an IJ ride that takes place in a South American temple replacing Dinosaur. It wouldn't necessarily fit the animal or conservation theme of the park (although there could easily be an animal presence in the ride), I think it would fit much better within a larger real life themed area rather than a Indiana Jones area, which doesn't fit at all.

PorterRedkey

So, if AK gets Indy and the Shanghai boat tech is between Epcot and DHS, what does the losing park get. Say Epcot gets the Shanghai tech then what does DHS get?
Are the WDW parks still fighting to get some Avatar FoP type ride? Would the "loser" between Epcot and DHS get a FoP-like attraction or will it be some other type of attraction?

Jones14

So, if AK gets Indy and the Shanghai boat tech is between Epcot and DHS, what does the losing park get. Say Epcot gets the Shanghai tech then what does DHS get?
Are the WDW parks still fighting to get some Avatar FoP type ride? Would the "loser" between Epcot and DHS get a FoP-like attraction or will it be some other type of attraction?
I don’t think the other parks would benefit from a FoP. Magic Kingdom could only really use it in Adventureland or Tomorrowland, which would feel redundant. EPCOT already has Soarin’ (which still works now, but would immediately show its age if it sat next to FoP), and DHS doesn’t need another simulator.

I think the park that loses the boat ride gets nothing, unless it goes to EPCOT and DHS manages to get Indy back.

brb1006

Pirates is good! The ride system is incredible. Sections of it are outstanding. Sections of it are mediocre. The ride favors row one in the screen sections. The cgi is poor. I’m disappointed in the cgi so much actually. It looks like something sea world would have done. This is Disney, you own ILM or whomever does that stuff. It should have been better imo. I think the reaction to pirates is mostly right. We’ve just never seen a boat do what it can do in water, which is really really neat to be apart of.
The only LPS ride you should check out is Hunny Hunt at Tokyo.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The "looser" would possibly get nothing.

It’s down to an amazing ride system that has the chance of coming to Orlando. Naturally several different groups of people think it’d be a perfect fit for "their" proposal.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Didn't stop Pandora. Besides, dinosaurs were George's first idea for Temple of Doom. Might as well bring that to life if this dumb IP mandate is this strong.

Good thing George's first idea didn't pan out. And as someone else on here more clearly stated; paleontology isn't archaeology. Perhaps George eventually realized this. Now it's TDO's turn.

Kman101

The "looser" would possibly get nothing.

It’s down to an amazing ride system that has the chance of coming to Orlando. Naturally several different groups of people think it’d be a perfect fit for "their" proposal.

So very blue sky at this point?

I'm going to guess the Indy into Dino is true because of the way you and MB are talking.

Who makes these decisions because they're making the wrong ones.

Fox&Hound

If this happens, I think it means that the Indy show is not long for DHS. Think about it. If the Indy show was staying, then a new Indy ride next to it makes the most sense. If they are getting rid of the show but still want Indy to have a presence, then converting Dinosaur saves them money.

I am not sure Indy fits AK but if they bring a South American land (like another poster said) could make sense with Indy as a part of it. Then DHS gets a brand new land and AK gets a much needed improvement over Dinoland. They will probably bring the Indy ride from Paris to replace the dino spin coaster (forgot its name). Although I heard that ride is very off the shelf and and uninspired.

I like Dinosaur but if it means getting rid of the garish Chester and Hesters, I say bring on the Indy! :)

Haymarket2008

It's just bizarre to me they aren't considering a boat ride for DHS. Featuring Indy. Boom. Done. Why is it so hard?? I don't get it. I really really don't. LOL.

Jungle Book gets the boat ride? Moana? Has to be IP related.

Truly baffling. A brand new, surefire hit of an experience.....and they may go with a 20+ year old attraction idea. Ridiculousness.
Though Jungle Book would be really cool....but I’m team Indy (at DHS)

Kman101

Truly baffling. A brand new, surefire hit of an experience.....and they may go with a 20+ year old attraction idea. Ridiculousness.
Though Jungle Book would be really cool....but I’m team Indy (at DHS)

Personally they could re-theme Kali to Jungle Book and I'd not be too upset. In fact it'd be an improvement. But I guess the whole soaking you thing puts a bit of a damper on that. I do think the boat ride tech could work for a few IPs. Jungle Book would be really cool. But I had my heart set on an Indy boat ride (and I probably shouldn't have clung to the idea but it just made SO much sense to me -- and clearly many of us are baffled why it didn't make sense to them)

Kman101

If this happens, I think it means that the Indy show is not long for DHS. Think about it. If the Indy show was staying, then a new Indy ride next to it makes the most sense. If they are getting rid of the show but still want Indy to have a presence, then converting Dinosaur saves them money.

I am not sure Indy fits AK but if they bring a South American land (like another poster said) could make sense with Indy as a part of it. Then DHS gets a brand new land and AK gets a much needed improvement over Dinoland. They will probably bring the Indy ride from Paris to replace the dino spin coaster (forgot its name). Although I heard that ride is very off the shelf and and uninspired.

I like Dinosaur but if it means getting rid of the garish Chester and Hesters, I say bring on the Indy! :)

I appreciate how you are looking on the positive of things! I'm not there yet ;) lol

Chester and Hester's DinoRama could be solved. Since they're on a coasters kick, add Excavator and call it a day. Completely re-do and refresh Dinosaur (but instead I guess they're just switching it with Indy now, they're looking at it from a $$ perspective not a "what's best for these parks" perspective). Boom. Refreshed Dinoland USA!

I wish they'd stop taking IPs I like and putting them where I don't think they should go. LOL.

I'd be all for South America and Indy in AK if it were the boat ride and not replacing Dinoland. Go figure that one out. But I still think Indy's place should be DHS.

So what's their plan with DHS? Keep the stunt show another three decades? They should have put Star Wars there instead. Man they really make some poor decisions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom