Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

RandySavage

If - and it's a big IF - this IP influx involved the following conditions, I think I'd be onboard:

1. DinoRama gets completely replaced with something new - it can be of similar kid-friendly scale - but something worthy of Animal Kingdom. You couldn't have an Indy EMV E-ticket and keep Dinorama next to it, could you?

2. "Dinosaur" the ride remains about dinosaurs. But now you have Indy exploring a lost corner of the Earth where dinosaurs survive (time travel feels a little beyond the Indy universe). The ride portion stays 90% the same as it is now. It gets a new script, re-skinned vehicles, a couple scene upgrades and a new exterior & queue fitting the 1930s.

Last edited:

FigmentJedi

Bargaining Stage and Idea:

Turn Dinosaur into a redressed Mystic Manor. If not a mystic manor exterior maybe something akin to a Society of Explorers and Adventurers Expo Museum facade. Make the adjoining Dinorama rides based on S.E.A. greatest hits with Chester and Hester becoming an "Albert the monkey"-inspired coaster. Rename land.
Most people who care about SEA would rather go on an actual adventure with SEA then go to a carnival loosely based on their exploits.

If - and it's a big IF - this IP influx involved the following conditions, I think I'd be onboard:

1. DinoRama gets completely replaced with something new - it can be of similar kid-friendly scale - but something worthy of Animal Kingdom. You couldn't have an Indy EMV E-ticket and keep Dinorama next to it, could you?

2. "Dinosaur" the ride remains about dinosaurs. But now you have Indy exploring a lost corner of the Earth where dinosaurs survive (time travel feels a little beyond the Indy universe). The ride portion stays 90% the same as it is now. It gets a new script, re-skinned vehicles, a couple scene upgrades and a new exterior & queue fitting the 1930s.
Make the Dinorama replacement a family friendly dark ride with a SEA tie-in while reworking stuff like Restaurantosaurus and Dinosaur Treasures into a base camp/expedition headquarters for SEA/Dr. Jones' explorations and studies of the Lost World.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Most people who care about SEA would rather go on an actual adventure with SEA then go to a carnival loosely based on their exploits.
Make the Dinorama replacement a family friendly dark ride with a SEA tie-in while reworking stuff like Restaurantosaurus and Dinosaur Treasures into a base camp/expedition headquarters for SEA/Dr. Jones' explorations and studies of the Lost World.

Yes but No to Dr Jones. They may loosely share a common denominator and universe but Indy doesn't belong in DAK. A hypothetical SEA treatment would remove the carnival aesthetic.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom