Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

ToTBellHop

It's a non IP related story that Disney made up. Lol. I found it in the clearance section on Amazon.

It feels like you're going on a school field trip to take notes on local wildlife and then go home and right a report on it the next day.

"Book" report is probably the wrong nomenclature to use.
A ride at Animal Kingdom that introduces you to animals? #Fail

FigmentForver96

No, a ride at animal kingdom that introduces you to animals while simultaneously a offering cheesy narrative with a flimsy story that fails to provide the sense of urgency that it's desperately trying to convey.
I'm not sure who you try to convince when you go through this narrative. A lot of people like the ride, you do not . That is fine...move on your life and have some peace.

es135

I feel like the last refurb left Dinosaur in the best shape I've ever seen it. I've always enjoyed the ride for what it is, and it is always a must ride when I visit DAK. While I also love the Indy ride on the other coast, I'd hate to see it replace Dinosaur. Disney should definitely do a new build ride for Indy, especially if they plan to expand the series in the same way they've done Star Wars.

rle4lunch

I feel like the last refurb left Dinosaur in the best shape I've ever seen it. I've always enjoyed the ride for what it is, and it is always a must ride when I visit DAK. While I also love the Indy ride on the other coast, I'd hate to see it replace Dinosaur. Disney should definitely do a new build ride for Indy, especially if they plan to expand the series in the same way they've done Star Wars.

From the last Spielberg report, Indy 5 is his next movie. Harrison Ford will be 77!

mmelka

After my last visit to AK in February, I actually quite enjoyed Dinosaur unlike when I rode it in 2016, where it just felt like a dark, boring version of Indiana Jones. If they do add more Indiana Jones to the theme parks, I hope they move it to DHS where it can be next to the stunt show, or replace that area entirely. I would like it to be similar to the Indy ride in DL, but I wouldn't be opposed to a mine train roller coaster akin to what other parks have across the world. Coasters have evolved so much since Disney, with them going backwards/launches/etc, and being able to tell a story (7DMT, EE), and not just be thrill rides. I can only imagine a mine train ride similar to 7DMT, but through a temple that features animatronic Indy and new screen technology like NRJ or the Universal rides.

With the addition of an Indy ride to DHS, I think that park would really become a multiday visit, though with the additions of Star Wars and Toy Story, it feels like it might still be but Indy would really put it over the top.

ALSO, if anyone is ready to be the next Indiana Jones - it has to be Chris Pratt and it's not even close in my mind. Unless they want to give it to Alden Ehrenreich.

ChewbaccaYourMum

Apparently Spielberg has confirmed his next movie hes working on is Indy 5 and filming will start next year, with the opening date July 2020. I wonder if Disney World does end up doing anything with Indy (whether the idea in AK or DHS) if they try to make it coincide with the release of the movie. They'd have to start building now though based on their time frames to build rides so I doubt it...

Anyway, I really hope this 5th movie ends up being great and makes a lot of money so it does push Disney to put more Indy in WDW sooner rather than later!

capsshield

What I think Disney really should, and could do, is make a slight change to the dinosaur ride. Make it a ride in which the guest goes back in time to rescue these creatures before the extinction event. Then add a jungle cruise boat ride through the area where the rescued creatures live, Maybe a walk through trail and get rid of the carnival theme and really bad coaster.

FigmentJedi

It's a non IP related story that Disney made up. Lol. I found it in the clearance section on Amazon.

It feels like you're going on a school field trip to take notes on local wildlife and then go home and right a report on it the next day.

"Book" report is probably the wrong nomenclature to use.
Other way around. The Countdown to Extinction chapter book is an adaptation of the ride. And Countdown to Extinction wasn't even the first ride to get that treatment: The Haunted Mansion was originally promoted by a book and record set featuring a young Ron Howard exploring the Mansion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom