• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

smile

Advertisement
Capex re-evaluation (n) - a process in which the better ideas get cancelled and the worse ideas move forward.
It doesn't matter. Since when was the most successful themed entertainment achieved through telling rather than showing?? The most organic way to promote conservation in no way involves the word "conservation." If a theme park has to tell you its theme, that's when it has an issue.
the only logical way to expose people to the concept of a keystone species is to show how fake animals relate to fake ecosystems, obviously...
if the top grossing film of all time hadn't come our way, we may have never known

besides, that kind of innovation in purity of message couldn't possibly be served by new or used, actually synergistic, in-house ip - what is this? dis...............

HauntedMansionFLA

gonna say, buddy...
... had to draw a line at the muppets - day that arrived was one of the great moments in history!
but only the muppet parts
:p

here we talk of ip all the time...
adore the thought of an expanded muppets presence - easily a land itself

almost, then jim passed
:cry:
I wish they would get Paul Williams to write more songs for the land.

rle4lunch

Muppets. It's fine and all, but every time we've visited and watched the show, it's always 95% empty, both at DHS and DCA. Good or not, the show is a waste of an electric bill for them.

RSoxNo1

So none of our insiders can go on record on any of this, but someone please correct me if this isn't correct:
  • There are 2 or more parks competing for a single IP: Presumably Indiana Jones
  • There are 2 or more parks competing for a single ride system: Unknown
Did I miss anything in the last 131 pages?

cjkeating

• There are 2 or more parks competing for a single IP: Presumably Indiana Jones
  • There are 2 or more parks competing for a single ride system: Shanghai POTC system
I think I have updated that correctly based on what has been said.

I think putting together the pieces the DHS Indiana Jones attraction would use the POTC ride system whereas AK wants the ride system for a non-Indy Dinorama replacement.

Capsin4

I think I have updated that correctly based on what has been said.

I think putting together the pieces the DHS Indiana Jones attraction would use the POTC ride system whereas AK wants the ride system for a non-Indy Dinorama replacement.
Interesting, but if two parks are vying for Indy, does that imply two potential attractions at AK or Indy showing up in MK? I’m assuming Epcot is a nogo.

NM. Just saw marni’s post. Everyone except Epcot I guess.

Kman101

AK and DHS fighting over Indy
MK, AK and DHS fighting over Shanghai Pirates Boat Tech

Should be interesting how this shakes out. I don't have the most faith they'll make the smartest decision. So if, say, DHS wins Indy, does that mean they win the boat tech, or could that go towards a separate project? Basically I'm wondering if it's an "either/or" situation? Basically just getting one ride out of all this

rle4lunch

:banghead:

No.

Haven't you tried this argument for a few other things lately as well? It seems like you're trying to elicit a reaction.
Not really. I'm just saying what I've witnessed at both parks. I could care less if it stays. After living in socal for a decade and visiting dl/dca about 6 to 8 times a year and seeing Muppets 10% full every single visit, then visiting wdw once a year for the better part of 6-7 years now and seeing the same thing, that's my opinion. Maybe I'm just hitting it at different times than you guys. Eh?

Regardless, if it stays, it needs a whole new film.

Top Bottom