Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

cjkeating

• There are 2 or more parks competing for a single IP: Presumably Indiana Jones
  • There are 2 or more parks competing for a single ride system: Shanghai POTC system

I think I have updated that correctly based on what has been said.

I think putting together the pieces the DHS Indiana Jones attraction would use the POTC ride system whereas AK wants the ride system for a non-Indy Dinorama replacement.

Capsin4

I think I have updated that correctly based on what has been said.

I think putting together the pieces the DHS Indiana Jones attraction would use the POTC ride system whereas AK wants the ride system for a non-Indy Dinorama replacement.
Interesting, but if two parks are vying for Indy, does that imply two potential attractions at AK or Indy showing up in MK? I’m assuming Epcot is a nogo.

NM. Just saw marni’s post. Everyone except Epcot I guess.

Kman101

AK and DHS fighting over Indy
MK, AK and DHS fighting over Shanghai Pirates Boat Tech

Should be interesting how this shakes out. I don't have the most faith they'll make the smartest decision. So if, say, DHS wins Indy, does that mean they win the boat tech, or could that go towards a separate project? Basically I'm wondering if it's an "either/or" situation? Basically just getting one ride out of all this

rle4lunch

:banghead:

No.

Haven't you tried this argument for a few other things lately as well? It seems like you're trying to elicit a reaction.

Not really. I'm just saying what I've witnessed at both parks. I could care less if it stays. After living in socal for a decade and visiting dl/dca about 6 to 8 times a year and seeing Muppets 10% full every single visit, then visiting wdw once a year for the better part of 6-7 years now and seeing the same thing, that's my opinion. Maybe I'm just hitting it at different times than you guys. Eh?

Regardless, if it stays, it needs a whole new film.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
AK and DHS fighting over Indy
MK, AK and DHS fighting over Shanghai Pirates Boat Tech

Should be interesting how this shakes out. I don't have the most faith they'll make the smartest decision. So if, say, DHS wins Indy, does that mean they win the boat tech, or could that go towards a separate project? Basically I'm wondering if it's an "either/or" situation? Basically just getting one ride out of all this
MK doesn’t come into this one.

peter11435

Not really. I'm just saying what I've witnessed at both parks. I could care less if it stays. After living in socal for a decade and visiting dl/dca about 6 to 8 times a year and seeing Muppets 10% full every single visit, then visiting wdw once a year for the better part of 6-7 years now and seeing the same thing, that's my opinion. Maybe I'm just hitting it at different times than you guys. Eh?

I’ve never seen the show at dca. But at WDW I see the show probably 5-6 Times per year at various times of day. Never seen the theater less than about half full unless it was late at night. I’ll take my first hand knowledge over your opinion.

Kman101

True, it can be subjective. I can go into a nearly full show and the next show is half empty.

I love the film but I would also love an update.

rle4lunch

I’ve never seen the show at dca. But at WDW I see the show probably 5-6 Times per year at various times of day. Never seen the theater less than about half full unless it was late at night. I’ll take my first hand knowledge over your opinion.

Lol, okay. Like I said, maybe I'm going at different times. Touchy touchy

Kman101

No one's being touchy, but people have figures of attendance and it's not entirely accurate the show isn't drawing guests in. Some shows will often always be less full. It was different in DCA. Those kind of movies don't seem to be any sort of draw. It's not in any near danger at DHS. Now, I love the Muppets but if DHS were truly fleshed out, with double what they offer now, would Muppets be as much of a draw or have trouble filling the theater? Probably, yeah. But I don't think they see Muppets as a problem by any means, there's a lot more issues to take care of.

So anyway, about Indy ...

Hey @marni1971....is it safe to potentially, possibly, maybe assume that between AK and DHS someone will get a Shanghai Pirates clone (and maybe small land) and someone will get a Indy land with a raging spirits and indy adventure ride.

rle4lunch

No one's being touchy, but people have figures of attendance and it's not entirely accurate the show isn't drawing guests in. Some shows will often always be less full. It was different in DCA. Those kind of movies don't seem to be any sort of draw. It's not in any near danger at DHS. Now, I love the Muppets but if DHS were truly fleshed out, with double what they offer now, would Muppets be as much of a draw or have trouble filling the theater? Probably, yeah. But I don't think they see Muppets as a problem by any means, there's a lot more issues to take care of.

So anyway, about Indy ...

Yes, I agree, if DHS actually had something more to do then Muppets would take a hit.

I'm all for an awesome Indy boat ride at DHS. They need a water ride badly.

Kman101

Yes, I agree, if DHS actually had something more to do then Muppets would take a hit.

I'm all for an awesome Indy boat ride at DHS. They need a water ride badly.

Yes they do. I've wanted an Indy boat ride at the park for the longest time. DHS really could use a water ride and it keeps Indy in the park so it would be, for me, a win-win.

I also think with Muppets, in a park with very little (very very little) to do, if it were having that much trouble filling a theater they'd have done something about it. But then it's long been past time to replace Mermaid and Beauty but they still pack a crowd so it becomes "why should we bother". So I guess Muppets probably falls a little in the middle of that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom